Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pervy Pete is on the overnight "Best Time Of Day Show™" with Sleepy Ray and Mulberry Silk. He's trying to persuade is to "not uuuhnly" buy one, but he wants us to upgrade to a size bigger than we actually need. Now this is for our benefit so we aren't fighting over it with our other halves, plus the drape is luxurious(!?!).
Two points I want to make. Now every time the brand is on they always try to get the customer to upgrade to a bigger size which makes me wonder if these duvets are actually the standard UK bed size and they're convincing us to "go large" so we don't notice this.
Also, to hammer this home and trying to convince us even more Pete has just gone into hard sell mode. "Now I'm being told that a lot of you are online and upgrading to the bigger sizes, from a double to a king etc" How does he or any of the production crew talking in his ear know this? If I go to buy one on their website, it doesn't ask me what size my bed is. So is Peter lying to us? Surely he wouldn't, as he was doing his sincere voice when he said it.

Pervy Pete is on the overnight "Best Time Of Day Show™" with Sleepy Ray and Mulberry Silk. He's trying to persuade is to "not uuuhnly" buy one, but he wants us to upgrade to a size bigger than we actually need. Now this is for our benefit so we aren't fighting over it with our other halves, plus the drape is luxurious(!?!).
Two points I want to make. Now every time the brand is on they always try to get the customer to upgrade to a bigger size which makes me wonder if these duvets are actually the standard UK bed size and they're convincing us to "go large" so we don't notice this.
Also, to hammer this home and trying to convince us even more Pete has just gone into hard sell mode. "Now I'm being told that a lot of you are online and upgrading to the bigger sizes, from a double to a king etc" How does he or any of the production crew talking in his ear know this? If I go to buy one on their website, it doesn't ask me what size my bed is. So is Peter lying to us? Surely he wouldn't, as he was doing his sincere voice when he said it.
Was Ray still awake at 3am he seemed half asleep at teatime

Was Ray still awake at 3am he seemed half asleep at teatime
Funnily enough, the last few times I have seen him on air it's been on the overnight shows. I've wondered if he's on permanent Canada time zone as that's where he hints the Mulberry Silk head office is. Isn't he just the one who has the UK franchise to the main company?
He was awake enough to tell the exact same stories word for word about the woman coming up to him saying "These are the real ones aren't they?" and the other woman asking if they get rid of wrinkles. He needs some new patter.

Shouting at telly time again, Vostok on with PS & Kevin, 6 o'clock show MM said there were only 2 of his all time favourite watch left, you know, the one that took him 3 years to get, well there seems to be plenty left tonight 🤔 Plus, the "I can't believe the price" script, getting old now 🙄

They're speaking about the VE Anchar launched in November, which was decided on by a poll, which Reynolds says they had played a big part in (actually IW only was involved at the very end after most of the decisions had been made), and this poll was held on VE facebook page which has 185,000 followers.

Shaun - "you imagine, all the top collectors pretty much in the world, they all had a say in this watch."

Forget the crap about top collectors as pretty much all top collectors won't have a VE watch in their collection. But a question for you Shaun, if only 599 were ever made and 185,000 collectors took part in the poll and are desperate for the watch, why have they not sold out?:unsure::rolleyes:
Even the German and American distributors still have them in stock, did the 185,000 all change their mind?

Flogging watches does not make him an horologist. Still loads of MM's Almaz left 🤔

Reynolds is actually getting worse, he was ok for a long time, but think he's seen the rest of the guests spouting crap and getting away with it and he's decided to just join in.
They said if everybody checks out, there will be only 5 left, that's more than last night.
IW must be the only retailer where selling out an item actually increases their stock of the item. ;):ROFLMAO:

was it with the famous torch?
Yep, tried to say the watch needed charging in sunlight for a few hours 😁 which of course, it does, but it was so funny listening to them fumbling for excuses 🤣 There was only 2 Almaz left at tea time yesterday 🙄
Did you get anything in the CW sale Hammy? I picked up a C1000 Elite in titanium 👍😎

Yep, tried to say the watch needed charging in sunlight for a few hours 😁 which of course, it does, but it was so funny listening to them fumbling for excuses 🤣 There was only 2 Almaz left at tea time yesterday 🙄
Did you get anything in the CW sale Hammy? I picked up a C1000 Elite in titanium 👍😎

Not this sale, have to watch the pennies at the moment, bought a Glycine combat sub 3863-399-TB9 (model from before Invicta took them over) just before xmas, so will have to wait till their next sale to see what's on offer. It was very hard not to buy though, was very, very tempted. ;):ROFLMAO:
That's a nice looking watch and a good size at 42mm. (y)

Havent watched the watches.

But did watch the oven hour earlier with Sally Jacks and Mark Stewart.

Sally was on about how the machine would save time, at the moment when people don’t have so much time, many are complaining they have too much time on there hands, I dont know what planet Sally was on, to make it worse on her YouTube she often touches on people have more time.

And Mark cooked some chips, went on about how healthy they are, shame he must have put about half salt seller on them

Havent watched the watches.

But did watch the oven hour earlier with Sally Jacks and Mark Stewart.

Sally was on about how the machine would save time, at the moment when people don’t have so much time, many are complaining they have too much time on there hands, I dont know what planet Sally was on, to make it worse on her YouTube she often touches on people have more time.

And Mark cooked some chips, went on about how healthy they are, shame he must have put about half salt seller on them
I remember channel hopping a couple of weeks back at lunchtime (working from home). Barra Boy was on flogging a portable oven. He said that the oven was cheaper as you didn't have to pre-heat. He then make a comment about the energy saved at "breakfast, lunch and dinner". Don't you about you but I don't put my Shreddies in the oven (or my home made chicken salad sandwich at lunch🤣)

I see John, the slicer, dicer & peeler expert is now the Sodastream expert, do they really need an expert for a Sodastream? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway , our wonderful, highly qualified expert declared after giving a bottle of water a wee skoosh of gas - "what you've done is oxygenated the water." o_O

Bet you were top of your chemistry class at school John, on second thoughts maybe not. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just for you John, you've carbonated the water, not oxygenated it, why, because you're pumping Carbon Dioxide into the water not Oxygen.

I see John, the slicer, dicer & peeler expert is now the Sodastream expert, do they really need an expert for a Sodastream? :ROFLMAO:

Anyway , our wonderful, highly qualified expert declared after giving a bottle of water a wee skoosh of gas - "what you've done is oxygenated the water." o_O

Bet you were top of your chemistry class at school John, on second thoughts maybe not. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just for you John, you've carbonated the water, not oxygenated it, why, because you're pumping Carbon Dioxide into the water not Oxygen.
I remember the Soda Stream from the early 70s. My much older cousin had one and we used to visit them (I was about 6 years old). She always gave me a Soda Stream drink and it tasted awful. Giving fizzy drinks to young children was acceptable in the 70s🙈.

Latest posts

Back