Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fake pretendy expert - "i'm wearing an Empress this evening, i wear it a lot cause it's beautiful and a very, very accurate timepiece i found, because these automatic movements, that are set into the Empress pieces are really cutting edge Japanese movements."

Some may have NH35s in them, but It's a Chinese movement in the watch you're looking at you daft ignorant idiot.

See Peter is spitting all over the watches again.:sick: :ROFLMAO:

Peter with Dormeo - "I've genuinely got something, that a) I've never come across before in design and exquisite detail of a sleep foundation from Dormeo. This is brand new and it's like nothing I've ever come across before in nearly 30 years of shopping tv."

You know when he says genuinely you know it's not. ;):ROFLMAO: It's not brand new, you've sold them before and they are often on the TV warehouse channel, even Amazon have been selling them for a couple of years.

Electricianz the night, all about show very little emphasis on timekeeping. Nice enough looking and different, but really just a novelty watch.

Guest - "movement of the watch, which is a Miyota movement, which a lot of your collectors and viewers will know is a really reliable fantastic product."

Yeah, some Miyota movements are good, especially in their top range like the 9015 etc, but not the £2 bottom of the range 2033 quartz movement in the Electricianz watches.

As i said, looks like Electricianz has put more effort into show/look of the watch and very little effort or importance into the timekeeping/movement side of the watch. Strange you'd put some much effort into create a novel/different looking watch and put such a cheap movement in it. :unsure:

I know i slag off Reultco and Solar Time Chinese brands, but even the movements in their watches are of a much higher standard than these.

Peter with Dormeo - "I've genuinely got something, that a) I've never come across before in design and exquisite detail of a sleep foundation from Dormeo. This is brand new and it's like nothing I've ever come across before in nearly 30 years of shopping tv."

You know when he says genuinely you know it's not. ;):ROFLMAO: It's not brand new, you've sold them before and they are often on the TV warehouse channel, even Amazon have been selling them for a couple of years.
Words like "genuinely" can be misused. Another word misused is "literally" - I saw somebody on TV who said "I literally died" (and it wasn't a joke or ironic, they were just thick 🤣).

Electricianz the night, all about show very little emphasis on timekeeping. Nice enough looking and different, but really just a novelty watch.

Guest - "movement of the watch, which is a Miyota movement, which a lot of your collectors and viewers will know is a really reliable fantastic product."

Yeah, some Miyota movements are good, especially in their top range like the 9015 etc, but not the £2 bottom of the range 2033 quartz movement in the Electricianz watches.

As i said, looks like Electricianz has put more effort into show/look of the watch and very little effort or importance into the timekeeping/movement side of the watch. Strange you'd put some much effort into create a novel/different looking watch and put such a cheap movement in it. :unsure:

I know i slag off Reultco and Solar Time Chinese brands, but even the movements in their watches are of a much higher standard than these.
Watched a little bit of the sales pitch and the one thing that struck me was how blatantly cynical the whole enterprise is. That's not to say that they wouldn't be desirable if they were given higher quality components and a more sensible price tag, though I'm still less than convinced with the backlight system even if the basic idea seems decent in theory.

Guest - "...perfect for Ideal World viewers...", namely "We think Ideal World viewers are gullible enough to spend £200+ on something that cost $5 from a Chinese factory if it has a fancy design, fancy backstory and fancy packaging".

Guest - "...how difficult it is to match various colours" whilst showing a watch featuring different shades of brown. Not just called Electricianz, it's the Emperor'z New Clothez™.

just heard on TalkRADIO the way Klarnapay and Openpay, are both going to be looked into as it is leading many people into debts they can’t afford..

I believe IW use Klarnapay for Emma and bang on about Openpay for everything else, it should be dropped, or the presenters make it clear, so viewers know plain and clear what is going on.

Watched a little bit of the sales pitch and the one thing that struck me was how blatantly cynical the whole enterprise is. That's not to say that they wouldn't be desirable if they were given higher quality components and a more sensible price tag, though I'm still less than convinced with the backlight system even if the basic idea seems decent in theory.

Guest - "...perfect for Ideal World viewers...", namely "We think Ideal World viewers are gullible enough to spend £200+ on something that cost $5 from a Chinese factory if it has a fancy design, fancy backstory and fancy packaging".

Guest - "...how difficult it is to match various colours" whilst showing a watch featuring different shades of brown. Not just called Electricianz, it's the Emperor'z New Clothez™.

That's the thing that has me confused, they create a watch with an entirely different, original look to it, something that watch collectors appreciate, but have ended up making nothing more than a novelty because of the use of lower quality movement etc, as Ronzy75 says "Toy" watch or young kids watch. I also don't think they've quite thought through the LED system for seeing time in the dark, which it doesn't as the hands aren't illuminated so you can't see them in the dark, IMO it's more just for show, a gimmick.
Personally think they were onto something with the idea and look, but failed with some design and use of low quality movement and materials. Maybe they'll change in the future. :)

just heard on TalkRADIO the way Klarnapay and Openpay, are both going to be looked into as it is leading many people into debts they can’t afford..

I believe IW use Klarnapay for Emma and bang on about Openpay for everything else, it should be dropped, or the presenters make it clear, so viewers know plain and clear what is going on.

Yeah saw that, and agree 100%, it's very easy for folks to rack up debts quickly without realising, especially if they are addicted to watching shopping channels etc. How many times do we hear presenters saying how easy it is to spread the cost and ONLY costs you so much a month, which is nothing, less than the cost of a cup of coffee, or home delivery pizza etc, while on their own each purchase may seem cheap, but if you're not careful those individual cheap monthly payments can soon mount up. ;):(

Just for information, Ideal World has nothing to do with Emma using Klarna pay, Ideal World don't sell Emma Mattresses, those shows, like the law (pension & wills) shows, double glazing shows and one or two others are just advertising shows, IW don't sell the products themselves, the company have hired IW studio and presenters through Ideal Direct to advertise their products for IW viewers to go to their own web site or phone lines and order directly from the company selling, ie Emma, Everest, etc.

Good! It's about time this was looked into, not just the payments but Ideal World in particular for mis-selling products using Openpay . How many times have you heard Mason or Varney telling us it's a "soft credit check" (it will still show up and affect your credit report whether you pass or fail). Plus they are forever telling us that if we are accepted for Openpay then we have over £1200 credit limit so "you might want to go on our website and add some more items to your basket to spread the payments". It's absolutely sickening behaviour, especially in today's climate.

I didn’t realise Create and Craft were as bad, but this week they have a offer, Where if you order 3 items, rather than paying £2.99 for one item, if you order 3 you get packaging of £3.

Dean Wilson who has been a shopping Telly presenter since the early days of QVC, was advising customers which other items to put in there basket

Shona showing slide with results of how perfect Elizabeth Grant was in trials – “It’s perfect, look at this clinical study. This is a clinical study, I really want to point that out, this is not a perception study how people felt, this is an independent study, not done by Elizabeth Grant, not done by Ideal World, done in an independent laboratory.”

At the bottom of the slide, “Derma Consult GmbH, Germany consumer perception survey with 4 weeks of regular application, trial based on 20 participants Nov/Dec 2014”

They really must think that, not only are their viewers stupid, but also blind. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Just been watching some cake mixes for £23! Of course, they were in meltdown according to Reg
I saw that, he is now encouraging, people to buy several fashion items as it’s capped P&P £2.99, spend £100, as shops aren’t allowing you to try clothes on at the moment buy enough so you can have a whole morning trying stuff on. They are selling leggings, he said I was walking up a escalator and starred at a women with see through leggings. Then he asked the model what is your dress size.

I also noticed John you know I’m not a chef, seems to be on there most days lately, cooking stuff.

Anybody else find men doing fashion hours a bit creepy.
It’s not ideal pardon the pun

I saw a red coat/cardigan thing trimmed with beige fur yesterday. It looked more like a dressing gown, belted, with a hood. I’ve never seen anything so hideous in my life and the model was in raptures over it, of course.

Latest posts

Back