Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They dont give a flying you know what, if they can get people buying they do t care

very true, I've also noticed lately they've been emphasising more that what they say, information they give or slides they show are true, as they can only say facts/information on shows which are true, because of ASA they can't say any lies or give false information.

Which is big fat lie in itself, because ASA can't stop them lying on a live a show, nobody but themselves can, ASA can only act after the fact if they are caught in the act and there is a complaint.

Anybody else find men doing fashion hours a bit creepy.

Yes it is creepy, even more so by the kinda men Ideal World have as presenters, they're creepy at the best of times, they just become extra creepy when they are near/fawning over women's clothing, not mentioning names Shaun. ;)

You know in these days of equality etc, then in theory it shouldn't matter, women have been selling men's fashion for ever and it's never been a problem, but in reality, being a guy I would imagine most women would prefer another woman to be serving them, especially when it came to more intimate items of clothing.

Oh now it's Mason with women's fashion. :ROFLMAO:

It’s not ideal pardon the pun

I saw a red coat/cardigan thing trimmed with beige fur yesterday. It looked more like a dressing gown, belted, with a hood. I’ve never seen anything so hideous in my life and the model was in raptures over it, of course.

They are in raptures about everything, there is never just an ok item, every piece of fashion (actually everything, fashion or not) on IW is, as Shona would say super, super gorgeous, beautiful, stunning etc etc, quality of a high street boutique or top fashion brand at fraction of the price.

They are in raptures about everything, there is never just an ok item, every piece of fashion (actually everything, fashion or not) on IW is, as Shona would say super, super gorgeous, beautiful, stunning etc etc, quality of a high street boutique or top fashion brand at fraction of the price.
Very true and just sounds ridiculous for most of their tat. I’d be deeply embarrassed if I were them.

They dont give a flying you know what, if they can get people buying they do t care
I've literally not watched even a sec of selly telly for a couple of weeks, think I'm slowly getting my fill of it. Tbh I no longer find much (if any) humour in it, it just frustrates me. I flicked on to IW earlier this afternoon and it was shouty shouty Genevieve selling clothing. Just as I flicked on I witnessed something like this ...

'What's that? Maureen's got a bone to pick with me? What's wrong Maureen?'

(note, we can't see/hear Maureen, it's obviously meant to be an email they've received during the show, a genuine email of course ;))

'Ah, I see, when you go to the website, you can't find the joggers in all sizes?'

(cut to showing us the relevant page on the website, joggers at £14.99)

'Ah yes I see what you mean, not all sizes are showing. Well now Maureen, you know why that is? Cause these are selling fast ...'

blah blah blo0dy blah. I switched over. I've got a word of advice for Maureen, if she actually exists that is. Go on something called Google and search for joggers. You will find DOZENS of retailers selling them for a similar price, maybe even cheaper. And don't worry, the quality will be just as good as the IW ones, regardless of what they say ;)

See Fields is on form tonight, speaking about the Elite sports watch, which is behaving like the Earnshaw Westminster (jumping small seconds hand), don't know what's elite or sports about it, but anyway it's to celebrate gold medal winners and has a tachymetre which would have been used to measure speed and distance by say a decathlon, like Tom Daley, who won a gold medal in the olympics. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure Tom Daley isn't a decathlon, nor did he win a Gold medal and pretty confident he wasn't interested in using a tachymetre while diving off the 10mtr board at the Olympics to win a bronze medal.

Think the idiot means Daley Thompson. :ROFLMAO:

Fields on the Summit watch which is named because Scafell Pike is the greatest peak in the UK, and the depth of the watch is their tallest to match.

Greatest peak? He definitely needs to go back to school and learn some Geography, especially UK geography. Just another privately schooled, toffee-nosed git who knows very little about the country he lives in. This idiot lives in a different reality to the rest of us. :ROFLMAO:

See Fields is on form tonight, speaking about the Elite sports watch, which is behaving like the Earnshaw Westminster (jumping small seconds hand), don't know what's elite or sports about it, but anyway it's to celebrate gold medal winners and has a tachymetre which would have been used to measure speed and distance by say a decathlon, like Tom Daley, who won a gold medal in the olympics. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure Tom Daley isn't a decathlon, nor did he win a Gold medal and pretty confident he wasn't interested in using a tachymetre while diving off the 10mtr board at the Olympics to win a bronze medal.

Again fields mentioned Tom Daley, but he never won an olympic gold.

How can a chronograph watch be to celebrate Sir Francis Galton who was known for his studies on human intelligence, what a complete idiot.

If anyone is buying these watches they need their head testing.

'And Daley Thompson will surely win gold, all he has to do is finish in the top 5 of this 1500 metre race. He's currently 3rd with just 200 metres to go, we're witnessing a truly historic moment folks! Wait ... what's happening ... he's slowing down, he's now 4th. What's going on? He's now 5th! I can't figure this out viewers, he's now 6th and falling even further behind!! He's stopped dead. What IS he doing?!? It's like he's fumbling with something on his wrist???'

Fields on the Summit watch which is named because Scafell Pike is the greatest peak in the UK, and the depth of the watch is their tallest to match.

Greatest peak? He definitely needs to go back to school and learn some Geography, especially UK geography. Just another privately schooled, toffee-nosed git who knows very little about the country he lives in. This idiot lives in a different reality to the rest of us. :ROFLMAO:
I lost the will to live after hearing Fields describe the watch like "scaffold" instead of Scafell.:unsure:
He really is as thick as mince:ROFLMAO: He just seems to grab a name from British history, and applying that to any watch he flogs, which bears no relation to any of them. I couldn't stop shaking my head.

Who's the new presenter on the overnight show tonight with the Emma mattress guy? I recognise him from Bid Up/Price Drop but the IW website just says "presented by TBC". Must have had a few sickies or Rob has flounced off in a huff. This guy isn't too bad but he's still got the Bid Up stink on him so if he gets his feet under the table he'll probably be as insufferable as the others.

Who's the new presenter on the overnight show tonight with the Emma mattress guy? I recognise him from Bid Up/Price Drop but the IW website just says "presented by TBC". Must have had a few sickies or Rob has flounced off in a huff. This guy isn't too bad but he's still got the Bid Up stink on him so if he gets his feet under the table he'll probably be as insufferable as the others.
I'll answer my own question as I can't sleep so I done a bit of internet searching. It's Mark Ryes (me neither). Looks like he wasn't busy when they called him as he's touting for voiceover work on his website.

I wonder if they're testing for new presenters or if it is just to cover sickies? COVID and lockdown may be affecting their staffing levels. I know Sally took time off to shield but I thought she was more or less back full time now. I haven't seen Dee-knees for a while. Howard hasn't been seen since lockdown one I don't think.

You really have to laugh at Jane and her it's not a diet it's an eating plan, yet they still have her book displayed prominently in front of Shaun called "The Jane Plan Diet".

I remember pocket sized Ryes. There was a new face instead of baby Field that I’ve not seen before, David Fox, who had no credentials intro that I heard.

Think they said he'd worked at Rolex at one time, but couldn't find any details of him last night. Although he didn't come out with ignorant facts like baby Fields, it was obvious he's singing from the same hymn sheet about the watches and their exaggerated quality etc, if he did work for Rolex then that's even worse as he'll know exactly what the quality of Swan & Edgar watches will be like.

Baby Field sounds well educated but apparently not. You’d think he’d jot a few notes down to refresh his memory but I suppose that’s how the Fields roll 😁

Yeah, I don't understand it, if you're going to make up stories at least get them straight and remember them, but he's crap at it. I wonder if he's just the Front/Director for the brand and it's his father (after the tax dodging of a former business probably not likely to be the figurehead of the business) etc who actually acquires the watches, makes up the names, stories etc for the watches the brand sells and baby actually knows very little about the watches etc.

As for being well educated, met many university graduates who know their subjects, but know very little general knowledge and have a severe lack of common sense to boot. ;):)

Again fields mentioned Tom Daley, but he never won an olympic gold.

How can a chronograph watch be to celebrate Sir Francis Galton who was known for his studies on human intelligence, what a complete idiot.

If anyone is buying these watches they need their head testing.

BTW just for information, Swan & Edgar don't do genuine chronographs, they're just watches with sub dials, functions are usually day, date, month, day/night indicator etc.
They would have to lower themselves to quartz watches to do a genuine chronograph as I can't see them moving into automatic chronos, that's a whole different ball game to their present offerings. Plus although a few Chinese manufacturers do auto chronos, they are more into hand winding mechanical chronos and even then they are not as popular with the suppliers that Swan & Edgar are likely to be dealing with. Also would mean they would probably have to shelve their 5 year warranty, which they can do at the moment as they overcharge for their watches by such a margin that even replacing a faulty one of these future heirlooms they will still make money.

Latest posts

Back