Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If my eyes don't deceive me, I saw tiny little Mark Ryes presenting today - even though he's not (yet) on the presenters list. They'd put him with 'chef' Jack, just to make him look even shorter I think. All we needed was Rob Locke-with-an-'e' in vision and we'd have had the spectrum of human anatomical diversity.

Does that now mean they've employed nearly all the old BidTV team? Should we expect Andy Hodgson next, with an updated, Covid secure 'Bob The Warehouse'? Or maybe the fragrant Nicola George?

I did also notice an absence from the presenter list: Howard Griffiths. I know I don't tune in to IW very often these days, but when did he leave?!

If my eyes don't deceive me, I saw tiny little Mark Ryes presenting today - even though he's not (yet) on the presenters list. They'd put him with 'chef' Jack, just to make him look even shorter I think. All we needed was Rob Locke-with-an-'e' in vision and we'd have had the spectrum of human anatomical diversity.

Does that now mean they've employed nearly all the old BidTV team? Should we expect Andy Hodgson next, with an updated, Covid secure 'Bob The Warehouse'? Or maybe the fragrant Nicola George?

I did also notice an absence from the presenter list: Howard Griffiths. I know I don't tune in to IW very often these days, but when did he leave?!
Nicola George! Better known on you tube as lola la rouge.

I think Howard vanished about a year ago when COVID-19 was on the horizon (self-isolating I guess), though if he's now vaccinated he could reappear soon?

Also just remembered a Bid TV presenter called Andy Oliver of which I've never seen on Ideal World/Create and Craft, though he could have been on as a product demonstrator like Steve Macdonald is/was?

Here we go again, PS that keen watch collector of 40 years, mentions Patrick Phillipe 🤔 on now btw with JDM Swiss watches 🙄
I made the mistake of hopping on last night just as this show was starting. It reminded me of why I need to stop doing that!

'IF YA LIKE IT BUY IT, IF YA LIKE IT BUY IT, £50 ON 4 FLEXIS, YA CAN'T GO WRONG!!!'

I lasted that long and switched over again.

In reality, and I'm not saying selly telly is alone in this, retailers or sellers of any product/service want consumers to buy buy buy. They can cover themselves legally (and morally to an extent) by showing a 'caring side' and by reminding consumers to spend within their limits (e.g. gambling websites) 'when the fun stops, stop!' however in reality they're quite happy if folk consume consume consume. They also don't care who consumes from them, no matter how much they refer to 'being a family' and all that guff. As long as someone is buying from them, that's all that matters. No, of course it wouldn't do their bottom line any good if the majority of their customers got themselves into massive debt meaning they could no longer buy, however neither would it do their bottom line any good if the majority of customers only bought when they really needed to.

It makes me chuckle when selly telly says 'and that's only £10 a month in your flexi basket.' That is of course true ... if you only buy one item (or one batch of items) per time and fully pay them off before buying more. However selly telly doesn't want you to do that. As our friend Peter S REPEATEDLY tells us 'if ya like it buy it!' they want you to buy buy buy. So before you know where you are, you might have high/very high monthly payments to IW ...

But don't worry, they're 'family' so I'm sure they'll help you out ;)

Yeah Auntie Haley, with the continuous welcoming smile, has said in the past that since she started at IW she has had flexi payments going out every month.

Well she does buy a lot according to what she's says, and I would guess that Hayley and Shaun must have a bigger income than a lot of the viewers and can afford multiple flexi payments, especially with the amount of health and beauty products she (and Shaun) claim to use.

In reality, and I'm not saying selly telly is alone in this, retailers or sellers of any product/service want consumers to buy buy buy. They can cover themselves legally (and morally to an extent) by showing a 'caring side' and by reminding consumers to spend within their limits (e.g. gambling websites) 'when the fun stops, stop!' however in reality they're quite happy if folk consume consume consume. They also don't care who consumes from them, no matter how much they refer to 'being a family' and all that guff. As long as someone is buying from them, that's all that matters. No, of course it wouldn't do their bottom line any good if the majority of their customers got themselves into massive debt meaning they could no longer buy, however neither would it do their bottom line any good if the majority of customers only bought when they really needed to.

It makes me chuckle when selly telly says 'and that's only £10 a month in your flexi basket.' That is of course true ... if you only buy one item (or one batch of items) per time and fully pay them off before buying more. However selly telly doesn't want you to do that. As our friend Peter S REPEATEDLY tells us 'if ya like it buy it!' they want you to buy buy buy. So before you know where you are, you might have high/very high monthly payments to IW ...

But don't worry, they're 'family' so I'm sure they'll help you out ;)

While all retailers or providers of services want you to buy or use their services, most behave in an ethical, sensible and honest manner, Ideal World on the other hand are the complete opposite. I said before that i worked in retail many moons ago for a few years, and although there are tricks of the trade for encouraging folks to buy, never did we lower ourselves to the antics of IW, they're just con men/women pure and simple, they spew lies and misinformation on a daily basis, they have taken the meaning of "exaggeration" to new levels, Ideal world is the only retailer in the UK where EVERY product they sell is super, super incredible, stunning, brilliant, stupendous, luxurious, best you've ever seen and as good as if not better those luxury brands costing lots more, and at the lowest ever prices.

Simon Lies was doing his bowling balls demo today to demonstrated that the Bedray had powerful suction, but it's nothing but a con trick, it doesn't prove it has powerful suction it only proves it has some suction, any cheap £20/£30 vacuum cleaner will perform the exact same trick ie creating a vacuum in the tube so the base rises and lifts the bowling balls, heck give me that tube with the bowling balls a couple of items (tubing/"T" piece) and I can do the exact same thing using water from my kitchen tap.

And I agree with you, flexi-pay, while it can benefit a lot of folks, it can also lead to debt problems for others, especially those that are poor at budgeting or on lower incomes, who are more likely to be attracted by things like flexi-pay.

Speaking of lying con artists. ;)

Peter Simon just now on the compost, which is just a follow on from Hayley etc, saying earlier, it's in white bags because it's specially bagged for IW and you can't buy this in garden centers etc. - "you CAN'T buy this"

Which is an out and out lie, as it can be bought by you or me from the same supplier (You Gardens) that supplies Garden Bargains/IW, you can even order it cheaper through their (You Gardens) store on Amazon and no purchase limit.

Simon Lies was doing his bowling balls demo today to demonstrated that the Bedray had powerful suction, but it's nothing but a con trick, it doesn't prove it has powerful suction it only proves it has some suction, any cheap £20/£30 vacuum cleaner will perform the exact same trick ie creating a vacuum in the tube so the base rises and lifts the bowling balls, heck give me that tube with the bowling balls a couple of items (tubing/"T" piece) and I can do the exact same thing using water from my kitchen tap.
Lol, yep, true.

'LOOK, the dirt is being sucked in before the vacuum head even reaches it!!!'

My 10 year old uncared for basic cylinder vac does the same thing ;)

Lol, yep, true.

'LOOK, the dirt is being sucked in before the vacuum head even reaches it!!!'

My 10 year old uncared for basic cylinder vac does the same thing.
;)

Please don't under estimate the "Power and Heritage", of your senior vacuum. Such vacuum's should be stored, cherished, and used with reverence. Dare I ask, is it insured? Perhaps it should be. :love:

You do hear about viewers sending In the Presenters stuff, especially on Create and Craft, you hear about crafters sending in stuff they make, Christmas Cards etc.
I wonder what they do with them? Find the nearest bin? You’d think they would produce them to camera if people spend time and money on making them, DP didn’t show any Valentines cards. At Christmas he clutches a few shop bought cards and shows them.

There are viewers who are soft in the head.
On Bid years ago one of the presenters did the usual shtick about how he wanted some item or other - a day or two later he was thanking some viewer who had tried to buy it for him.

Latest posts

Back