Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder what they do with them? Find the nearest bin? You’d think they would produce them to camera if people spend time and money on making them, DP didn’t show any Valentines cards. At Christmas he clutches a few shop bought cards and shows them.
some of the presenters do present things they have been sent.

But that tends to be the more long established ones, especially the Loves

Please don't under estimate the "Power and Heritage", of your senior vacuum. Such vacuum's should be stored, cherished, and used with reverence. Dare I ask, is it insured? Perhaps it should be. :love:
Yes it's insured. If I recall correctly I paid £89.99 however it had an RRP of £1,999.99 so that's what I insured it for. I'm no fool ...

I see they are doing the usual some bounced back with the blue Edmund watch and Varney (yeah we will have to think of a new name) saying it was technically sold out last time but some sales didn't go through, that's a load of crap, I've watched that watch for the last few shows because it's one of Kev'[s most used claims that it always sells out. In the last three shows with Mathey-Tissot featuring that watch it hasn't sold out, it's been available to buy before, during and after each of the shows and the the weeks in between. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying selly telly presenters talk complete and utter guff, however consider this example. Presenter that's worked in the business for years is selling a mattress. They say 'I really need to get this as my current one is rubbish!' But wait a minute, me confused. You've worked in selly telly for years and have no doubt sold many different mattresses over that time. You'll have told viewers how wonderful those mattresses were, you might even have said that you bought one.

Why did you never buy one of those wonderful mattresses x years ago? Or if you did, was it in reality rubbish? Or was it wonderful and if yes, why are you now telling us your current mattress is rubbish? After telling us you're going to 'get one of these' does this mean you 100% won't be spouting the same guff a year or so down the line?

Look, I'm sure it's me, I must be missing something here as I know selly telly presenters would NEVER bend the truth.

Just seen that obnoxious clown Paul Becque talking to some shelves whilst pretending to have a conversation with someone in the studio. It shows the utter contempt he has for viewers that he will routinely resort to such blatant-and ridiculous- deception. The Tourettes-like twonkery was also very noticeable, with the compulsive "whoop, whoop!" sounds going off every few minutes.

Where do you begin with this guy?

There's the casual encouragement of loading up items on flexi-pay (aka debt peddling);

The painfully contrived 'Viewers Friend' and 'Shopping Expert' persona;

The obviously fake conversations with staff members;

The chimp-like laughter and imbecilic "whoop whooping" sounds, that seem to characterise every presentation.

He may have some stiff competition with the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason, but for me this guy takes the biscuit when it comes to sheer fakery, shysterism and annoying behaviour.

Just seen that obnoxious clown Paul Becque talking to some shelves whilst pretending to have a conversation with someone in the studio. It shows the utter contempt he has for viewers that he will routinely resort to such blatant-and ridiculous- deception. The Tourettes-like twonkery was also very noticeable, with the compulsive "whoop, whoop!" sounds going off every few minutes.

There's the casual encouragement of loading up items on flexi-pay (aka debt peddling);

The chimp-like laughter and imbecilic "whoop whooping" sounds, that seem to characterise every presentation.

He may have some stiff competition with the likes of Peter Simon and Mike Mason, but for me this guy takes the biscuit when it comes to sheer fakery, shysterism and annoying behaviour.
Tbh he doesn't need the IW gig, he's RAKING it in through his social media videos. They are getting literally a dozen or so views a year so his revenue from ads must be HUGE!!!

Slightly unusual situation with the Signare range occurring.

I noticed the other day they turned up on ideal world (have been on Tjc for a while) they always sold lots on TJC when on-air and the guest John was very good and a natural. They haven't been on the air there for a while and I had noticed they are bringing to air copies or close to at half the price so presumed they had just moved channels.

However, the range is now on both websites at the same time which is pretty unusual.

TJC have some tapestries from Signare on air at 5pm today for further clouding of the issue. Maybe they will sell at both channels at the same time but I can't remember that before?

Slightly unusual situation with the Signare range occurring.

I noticed the other day they turned up on ideal world (have been on Tjc for a while) they always sold lots on TJC when on-air and the guest John was very good and a natural. They haven't been on the air there for a while and I had noticed they are bringing to air copies or close to at half the price so presumed they had just moved channels.

However, the range is now on both websites at the same time which is pretty unusual.

TJC have some tapestries from Signare on air at 5pm today for further clouding of the issue. Maybe they will sell at both channels at the same time but I can't remember that before?

John was on as a guest (virtually)everything sold out and seemed hunky-dory no bags so i wonder if they are just giving the bags a try on ideal (the prices on air at ideal were approx 8 quid higher than they sold on tjc fwiw)

Becque has been known as 'Shreque' on here if anyone wants a nickname for him.

Watched a small part of his Mathey-Tissot presentation yesterday and Becque had attempted a really tasteless sales pitch involving someone who bought a watch after having "recovered from coronavirus", but he even stumbled over this tale by confusing the words 'seriously' and 'sincerely' (I think, from memory). Imagine someone daring to attempt something like that *and* comprehensively screwing up the end result!

Plus he later said that he had been told off for making those whooping sounds, and he did this instantly after saying 'Whoop', further proving what an obnoxious idiot he is. Being the worst presenter on a shopping channel that also employs the likes of Peter Simon is admittedly a truly spectacular achievement in itself (y)

He's fronting yet another watch brand I've never heard of before called 'Breed' this Thursday evening; they all look distinctly average (I bet they're all dogs, etc.), and guessing they will all have fake RRPs as well. A 'Racer' chronograph watch with Miyota OS21 movement and 50m water resistance for 'only' £189.99 + £8.99 P&P (no doubt the price will be reduced on the night but even so...)?

Becque has been known as 'Shreque' on here if anyone wants a nickname for him.

Watched a small part of his Mathey-Tissot presentation yesterday and Becque had attempted a really tasteless sales pitch involving someone who bought a watch after having "recovered from coronavirus", but he even stumbled over this tale by confusing the words 'seriously' and 'sincerely' (I think, from memory). Imagine someone daring to attempt something like that *and* comprehensively screwing up the end result!

Plus he later said that he had been told off for making those whooping sounds, and he did this instantly after saying 'Whoop', further proving what an obnoxious idiot he is. Being the worst presenter on a shopping channel that also employs the likes of Peter Simon is admittedly a truly spectacular achievement in itself (y)

He's fronting yet another watch brand I've never heard of before called 'Breed' this Thursday evening; they all look distinctly average (I bet they're all dogs, etc.), and guessing they will all have fake RRPs as well. A 'Racer' chronograph watch with Miyota OS21 movement and 50m water resistance for 'only' £189.99 + £8.99 P&P (no doubt the price will be reduced on the night but even so...)?

They're part of the Resultco company, they have about 17 different brands all with weird and wonderful stories about the brand and the watches, usually it's Emma "Miss Precision" Boydell that acts as the pretendy expert guest for them, one of their brands is on tonight Elevon.

Miss precision will be claiming tonight, they are made from high quality materials, with precision Japanese movements comparable in quality to top Swiss brands. In reality just run of the mill affordable/cheap watches from China with alloy cases and dirt cheap quartz movements. And the Breed watches are similar. ;)

Latest posts

Back