Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I joined the FB group for Vostok watches thinking Kevin Reynolds might be spoken of as someone they source their collections from but I’ve never seen his name once, despite DL being a member 😁

well they have 189,000 followers, so i'm pretty sure at least 180,000 of them have never heard of Kev Reynolds or Ideal World. ;)

And now Bev is on telling us this is a new type of steam cleaner (fine tech advances) but then says not like all the ones you have bought before

the same ones you have spent 20 years flogging people?

why the incessant need for slagging older models/products they sell day in day out

Create and Craft presenters also having been doing mammoth shifts for months, I Guses it’s down to Social Distancing. Have as few People around the building as possible. Which makes me wonder If Shona say presented a bed show, and Creepy was also there, why do u have both, if on other hours, your limiting staff

And now Bev is on telling us this is a new type of steam cleaner (fine tech advances) but then says not like all the ones you have bought before

why the incessant need for slagging older models/products they sell day in day out

She was exactly the same with Irons, a week ago how great the Polti Steam Generator Iron was and how normal Irons couldn't do this or that, they just can't compete, a few days ago non of the previous week's negativity about normal Irons surfaced when she was flogging a bog standard £20 Tower Iron.

Varney on the £74 Maverick which has an RRP of £450 - "if we took of the price from the screen blah blah and Emma expalined what you're getting for your money, some of you are going to be saying £500-600, some of you might even say over a £1000."

"they'll think you've spent £450, it's a gift they don't need to know anything."

They will do in a couple of years when the plating starts wearing and the cheap alloy case starts showing through, then they'll know exactly how cheap their watch is.

Who in their right minds would think a Cheap Chinese watch with an alloy and a £15 quartz movement in it would be £5-600 let alone over a £1000, what utter baloney.
Becque & Boydell what a pair of devious con artists.

Although they're all guilty of it to varying degrees, Mike M is one of the worst for just turning on his selly telly presenter autopilot at the start of the show and trotting out one cliched and overused IW sales phrase after another, some of them exclusive to him. I've not watched him for a while but if I recall, once the show has barely started he starts trotting out stuff like ...

We're already crazy busy guys!
Internet has gone into meltdown guys!
Listen, I say this not to pressure you ...

Blah blah blah. The fact he spouts this guff whether it's 9am, 4pm, 9pm or midnight tells you it's guff cause we all know they're not busy 24/7, no matter what they tell us. I genuinely wonder what he would say (and his colleagues cause they're in the main just as bad) if you were able to chat to him the day after a supposedly 'almost sold out' show and present the figures you've posted. Joking aside I wonder what their defence would be if you said 'but you kept on mentioning how stuff was selling out Mike, me confused?'

Another for you. :)

5 minutes into tonight's vibrapower show and "Speaking of being blown away, the stock is being destroyed". :ROFLMAO:

It's a sales technique that's going to trip you up at some point. So for example referring to ironing, they'll sell the steam press and say 'why go back to ironing when you can do this?' then next week they're selling an iron with a separate water holder and they'll say 'why buy an iron that has an incorporated water holder and therefore added weight?' then next week they're selling a standard iron with incorporated water holder and they'll say 'this can do it all and is great value!'

It's a bit like watching the soaps (which I gave up on years ago) they insult your intelligence and you have to suspend belief to watch them without thinking 'what a crock of old sh1t ...'

I know a few have commented on it (including me!) so I'm telling you nothing new, however I made the mistake of hopping on last night I think and it was a repeat of Paul B and Simon selling a vac or something. Simon was mid demo with the camera on him when all you heard off screen was ...

WOOOOOOP ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOP ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

Camera switches to Paul who's doing his woop thing with arms going crazy. I thought two things:

a) I bet Simon is standing there thinking 'what a twat!'
b) I wonder if Paul B realises he comes across as a complete idiot when he does this?

And yeah, his talking to non existent people just off camera is also laughable. Why oh why does he bother putting himself through this with all the other self help guru and life coach stuff he has going on? He must be able to command thousands per session doing those so why lower himself to doing IW ... I just don't get it.

;)

Yeah this steam mop comes from one of the biggest names Paul says,.

Light n Easy never heard of them, so is this £49.99 steam mop, better than the usual £199.99 ones they sell.

Next time they have a expensive one on, I want them to say, you don’t need this overpriced one, buy one of our cheaper ones
I've had a quick look on Google, they are a MASSIVE global brand ...

... not

By the way I'm not getting at the company, good luck to anyone who is trying their best to earn a crust. What I'm getting at is IW yet again being very flexible with the truth.

I think Simon, is used to the likes of Paul B and Peter S now. But yes the Guests must think why are you doing this. Simon probably does as many shifts as the presenters though, so is probably In with it all.

Paul B couldnt coach a cockroache check his YouTube channel he has 4 subs and has not posted for a year. He won’t get his 100k placue

1613764291360.png

It's a sales technique that's going to trip you up at some point. So for example referring to ironing, they'll sell the steam press and say 'why go back to ironing when you can do this?' then next week they're selling an iron with a separate water holder and they'll say 'why buy an iron that has an incorporated water holder and therefore added weight?' then next week they're selling a standard iron with incorporated water holder and they'll say 'this can do it all and is great value!'
Very accurate description. I think it also relies on the assumption that (a) people don't watch the shows and/or channel reguarly, so they don't start to spot the pattern and (b) having a contempt for the intelligence and memories of the viewers.

At least Genevieve made an off-the-cuff honest reference to her need to have to turn on the head of a pin to sell stuff in her show this afternoon. The likes of the loathsome Paul Berk would never be honest enough to admit it.

Latest posts

Back