Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank Fuchs, just what we need, more skin therapy, can never have too much concoctions to chuck on our skin. :ROFLMAO:

Mason shaved his beard a bit, cause he messed up his trimming, and his face was red, so his moisturisers and beard balms aren't working. :eek::ROFLMAO:
As far as I'm concerned much of it is modern day snake oil salesmanship.

I'd love to see a real world test. Identical twins. From birth, ensure they live as close to similar lives as possible in terms of where they live, careers, diet, sleep, exposure to sunlight, stress, exercise etc. One twin only ever uses good quality soap and basic moisturiser. The other uses various skin care products that claim all sorts of stuff.

Compare their appearance and healthiness of the skin each decade. Would love to know the difference ;)

Thank Fuchs, just what we need, more skin therapy, can never have too much concoctions to chuck on our skin. :ROFLMAO:

Mason shaved his beard a bit, cause he messed up his trimming, and his face was red, so his moisturisers and beard balms aren't working. :eek::ROFLMAO:
I got multiple bites last summer after working in the garden, all over my arms :( boy did they itch. I tried over the counter antihistamines etc. What gave me the most relief? Putting my alcohol free / sensitive skin aftershave balm on them. Not only did it stop the itching better than so called proper medications, it also did the best at reducing the redness.

Dropped from 100,000 ft.

Yeah, but don't forget to forget that it was a parachute landing at the end. It was only traveling at 5 metres per seconds on the landing.

Oh and you can see where Nubeo pinched the idea for the rocket hand on the satellite 2 watch.

£1750 RRP :eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The vibe that very much comes across from Rob is 'I'd rather be doing proper acting stuff as oppose to this' not saying he does this intentionally, however it oozes from his IW performances. He treats the whole thing with a healthy dose of selly telly distain and tbh that's probably not a bad thing!

Yes, that's spot on.

Jim Clawley after bigging up the Satellite 2 and trying to give the impression he's impartial - "I'm not really affiliated with Nubeo as such, I have got a couple of their timepieces, but i think they 're superb."

Not affiliated?:rolleyes:

James Clawley, Sales Director with the Dartmouth Brands (2014 to present day) - Darmouth Brands, Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House London GB N1 9R (Subsidiary of Solar Time Hong Kong, that acts as Distributor for Solar Time's watch brands.)

He also has his own Sales & Marketing consultancy company (Momentum Consult Ltd) that has dealings with Solar Time and The Dartmouth Brands for licensed watches for the likes of Lyle and Scott etc.

Nubeo Watches - Brand owned by Solar Time, although they aren't easy to find an actual address for the brand, but you can find it if you want to contact their Privacy Compliance Officer, he's at Nubeo watches, Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House London GB N1 9R

You can also find Nubeo watches on sale at the Mainspring Boutique, which is an online retail site belonging to the Dartmouth brands and based at Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House London GB N1 9R

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if you work for the company that distributes the brand and that company you work for, is a subsidiary of the Company that owns the brand, then for me you are affiliated to the brand.

Why is their so much subterfuge/secrecy with all these brands, as to who owns them, where their watches are made etc etc. It's like they don't want folks to find out that many of these Ideal world brands all link back to Solar Time and are made in China.

Last edited:
And now we have Alan Ennis, spouting about his new shower and what a job Williams waterless wax does on it, the glass and chrome, funny a week ago he was stating how great the Renault waterless wax was on his shower because of the hydrolex it contains, which the Williams doesn't.

Although they are similar, they are different products, so which one are you actually using Alan, or is it just whatever you're selling that day is the one you're going to claim you are using, till the next show when you'll claim to be using the other product.

Last edited:
Everybody in Ideal world has and uses Williams and use not once but use it every time, and repeat buy.

And again, last week it was said that everybody was using the Renault product, because although they have other waterless wax (williams) which was good, the Renault had the hydrolex which made it a superior product, why everybody is now using it.

Dropped from 100,000 ft.

Yeah, but don't forget to forget that it was a parachute landing at the end. It was only traveling at 5 metres per seconds on the landing.

Oh and you can see where Nubeo pinched the idea for the rocket hand on the satellite 2 watch.

£1750 RRP :eek::ROFLMAO:
(setting the scene, some mates are in the pub, one of them has just bought a new watch and is wearing it to the pub for the first time. Has intentionally worn a t-shirt even though it's cold so his forearms and wrists are on full show)

Bragger
Yeah I'm one of the first in the UK to own this watch.
(silence from the other mates)
I've insured it for £4000.
Yeah, it's water proof to 300 metres.
This model was dropped from Mars to Earth and remained completely intact.
If you could see the back, you'd see an etching of the Russian sub this watch is based on.
Right, I'll get the next round in. (gets up and walks to the bar)

Other Mates
What a complete twat!

p.s. the reason I presented this little story is cause Mike M was selling watches the other night and kept on saying stuff like 'oh, the bragging rights you'll have if you're wearing this lads!!!'

Ok they know their market and know exactly what they're saying in their sales pitch, however I for one have always found braggers to be shallow, materialistic, profoundly annoying and often twatish :)

Rob LockE selling watches ...

'Yeah it's always a nice feeling when you're standing in the broccoli aisle of the supermarket and someone comes up to you and says 'nice watch.'

Ok, question to everyone ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. When was the last time you were in a supermarket and someone commented on your watch?!?

Everybody in Ideal world has and uses Williams and use not once but use it every time, and repeat buy.

And again, last week it was said that everybody was using the Renault product, because although they have other waterless wax (williams) which was good, the Renault had the hydrolex which made it a superior product, why everybody i

And now we have Alan Ennis, spouting about his new shower and what a job Williams waterless wax does on it, the glass and chrome, funny a week ago he was stating how great the Renault waterless wax was on his shower because of the hydrolex it contains, which the Williams doesn't.

Although they are similar, they are different products, so which one are you actually using Alan, or is it just whatever you're selling that day is the one you're going to claim you are using, till the next show when you'll claim to be using the other product.
Challenging the fact that they say a product is best one day and then saying a competing product is best the next day is like challenging a film star on why they played a hero in one film, and a villain in the next.
'I thought you were a good guy, and now you're a killer',
It's all a performance - they are not really a man who is in love with a Dormeo mattress. They are actors playing the part of a man who is in love with a Dormeo mattress.
Tomorrow they will play the part of a man who is in love with the Emma mattress.
It's an act , and they are paid to do it.
The only thing they relate to is the number of units sold on today's show.

Rob LockE selling watches ...

'Yeah it's always a nice feeling when you're standing in the broccoli aisle of the supermarket and someone comes up to you and says 'nice watch.'

Ok, question to everyone ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. When was the last time you were in a supermarket and someone commented on your watch?!?

Do supermarkets sell that much broccoli that it has it's own aisle? :ROFLMAO:

This and Mason's stories on holiday and multiple people asking about his Vostok watches, it doesn't happen.

I know quite a few collectors, who have expensive (for me anyway) watches (Rolex etc) and the last thing they want is attention to it when in a supermarket or walking about the street, folks have been mugged/robbed because of the watch they are wearing.

The only stranger that has asked about a watch i'm wearing, is the saleperson in the Jewelers I use, when i'm in looking for another watch, they may be well acquainted with established brands, but micro brands can be new to them, especially from Kickstarter, so they like to have a good look at a watch they've never seen before, but that's a whole different situation and probably more common to a random stranger asking. But walking about the streets, in a pub or shop, never.

Challenging the fact that they say a product is best one day and then saying a competing product is best the next day is like challenging a film star on why they played a hero in one film, and a villain in the next.
It's all a performance - they are not really a man who is in love with a Dormeo mattress. They are actors playing the part of a man who is in love with a Dormeo mattress.
Tomorrow they will play the part of a man who is in love with the Emma mattress.

Totally agree with you, of course i look at it from my point of view, I'm unlikely to buy from someone who is obviously putting on act and lying, even if the product is good, than I would be if they were just putting forward an honest sales pitch about the products. At the end of the day, whether they they sleep on it (or use any of the products they sell), love the product, is really immaterial to me, has absolutely no influence on my decision to buy that product or not, how they conduct their sales pitch will though.
If I go into a shop for mattress I don't expect the salesperson to have used/bought each and every mattress, or every mattress to be the best mattress ever, they may not even own a mattress that store sells, but i do expect an honest sales pitch on each mattress, the pros and cons, quality, firmness etc and then i'll decide which one is best for me.

Do supermarkets sell that much broccoli that it has it's own aisle? :ROFLMAO:

This and Mason's stories on holiday and multiple people asking about his Vostok watches, it doesn't happen.

I know quite a few collectors, who have expensive (for me anyway) watches (Rolex etc) and the last thing they want is attention to it when in a supermarket or walking about the street, folks have been mugged/robbed because of the watch they are wearing.

The only stranger that has asked about a watch i'm wearing, is the saleperson in the Jewelers I use, when i'm in looking for another watch, they may be well acquainted with established brands, but micro brands can be new to them, especially from Kickstarter, so they like to have a good look at a watch they've never seen before, but that's a whole different situation and probably more common to a random stranger asking. But walking about the streets, in a pub or shop, never.
Good points. Monied people (with class) very rarely like to flaunt their wealth. It's the triers and wannabes (and the monied people that have no class) that like to brag about and overtly display their wealth or suggested wealth.

This is where IW targets quite a specific type of viewer/buyer with their watch shows. It's all about how heavy the thing will be in your wrist, how much it should be costing you and the fact that people will comment on it. They're targeting the triers, the wannabes, the braggers and those aspiring to be part of an 'in crowd.' Suppose it's part of what selly telly does, on that level they're not daft!

This is the thing, with selly telly presenters you just switch them on and off they go, regardless of whether they're selling a £5.99 cheapo product or £5,999 quality product (and everything between.) It's all wonderful, sublime, excellent quality blah blah blah. I mean, who remembers some of the utter cr*p sold on Bid and the presenter would have you believe you were looking at something of real quality, lol. If you had to defend them however, it's what they're paid to do. And as much as we poke fun or vent about their tactics, from a business perspective they must surely be doing something right as the business keeps employing them.

(setting the scene, some mates are in the pub, one of them has just bought a new watch and is wearing it to the pub for the first time. Has intentionally worn a t-shirt even though it's cold so his forearms and wrists are on full show)

Bragger
Yeah I'm one of the first in the UK to own this watch.
I've insured it for £4000.
Yeah, it's water proof to 300 metres.
This model was dropped from Mars to Earth and remained completely intact.
If you could see the back, you'd see an etching of the Russian sub this watch is based on.
Right, I'll get the next round in. (gets up and walks to the bar)

Other Mates
What a complete twat!

p.s. the reason I presented this little story is cause Mike M was selling watches the other night and kept on saying stuff like 'oh, the bragging rights you'll have if you're wearing this lads!!!'

Ok they know their market and know exactly what they're saying in their sales pitch, however I for one have always found braggers to be shallow, materialistic, profoundly annoying and often twatish :)

Switching to Shona mode, that's is very, very true. :ROFLMAO:

And often they are less knowledgeable about what they are bragging about than they like to think. ;)

Mason often claims his love and obsession with space and space travel from an early age, yet the other day he couldn't even pronounce the name properly of probably the most famous pioneer of rocket and space technology.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Good points. Monied people (with class) very rarely like to flaunt their wealth. It's the triers and wannabes (and the monied people that have no class) that like to brag about and overtly display their wealth or suggested wealth.

This is where IW targets quite a specific type of viewer/buyer with their watch shows. It's all about how heavy the thing will be in your wrist, how much it should be costing you and the fact that people will comment on it. They're targeting the triers, the wannabes, the braggers and those aspiring to be part of an 'in crowd.' Suppose it's part of what selly telly does, on that level they're not daft!

You find that with a lot of people who buy Rolex, not so much watch collectors, but just the average one or two watch buyer, who are not really interested in horology, but are more interested on owning/wearing a status symbol or owning for investment.

Ok switching to Mason bragging shallow mode.:eek::ROFLMAO:

If i was a bragging type, although i do brag at times about my watches :whistle:, but for different reasons to Mason, i would happily walk down the supermarket (broccoli aisle :ROFLMAO:) today, with the watch i'm wearing today and wave my arm around so all could see the watch, and brag about the watch till the cows come home. Not because it's a Rolex, not because it's worth thousands, not because it's big, chunky, bold and flashy, but because, IMO it's a beautiful classy watch, made by an actual watchmaking brand, containing their own in house movement, a watch sold on it's merits, a watch I wouldn't swap for any of the horological masterpieces/future heirlooms that IW sell from the Resultco stable of brands or the Solar Time stable of brands or Miss Gerrard's brands, and it only cost me a whopping £122 (and £20 of that was import duty). Yeah I would brag about my watch, but not because of it's cost or how expensive it may look etc, but because of it's horological points and how good those points are, it also has it's negatives points but for the money you can't beat it, and i would happily brag about it. :)

Orient 'Bambino' 2nd Generation, Version 1
Orient Bambino 2nd Generation, Version 1  FAC00005W0 (Cal F6724) (3).jpg

Latest posts

Back