Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deknees, with the huge fake grin - "Ideal world spoils me from shopping elsewhere, because why pay 3, 4 5 times the price, when you can shop at Ideal World."

That's really easy to answer Den, a company's ethics/behaviour etc is more important to me than if they are the cheapest for a product. I'd rather pay more to an honest retailer that treats their customers with respect rather than buy it cheaper from a bunch of lying con artists. :)

I think Kev's been drinking - "Vostok Europe have been in the EU for about 18/19 years, they moved from Moscow to Lithuanian 89, i mean 18/19 years ago because less of a problem with language and most importantly you could get different materials from all over the world into lithuania because it was part of the EU."

Just a couple of points Kev, you do know there's a video (which you are in) on youtube of Igor telling the story behind the creation of Vostok Europe, a story which differs greatly to yours? ;)

Also they've never been in Moscow, and the watch factory/brand you seem to be inferring that moved 18/19 years ago, ie Vostok, are in Chistipol, not Moscow, they were originally in Moscow but moved during WW2.

I haven't watched much ideal recently mainly because well it is dull :)

I did catch Berk last night with Jack the chef

"Jack showed me a picture of his wife before the show, wow what a hot mamma she is wow"

"Oh girls that reminds me it is international girls days sorry womens day lets have a hug"

I am sure they were delighted Paul, the man is a life coach and is like a bad 1970s comedian

Well if there's any doubt about the "lad culture" behind the scenes at Ideal World, it's just been confirmed to me at least, in their latest email headed "Celebrate International Women's Day with Kitchen Aid".
You can hear it now, "Get back in there Goddess and make me a fackin' sandwich!"
It's like Burger King trying to promote more women becoming chefs by tweeting "women belong in the kitchen". And it was tweeted on Monday (International Women's Day)!

Denidiot - "Ideal World is watched by serious watch collectors." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only reason serious watch collectors watch Ideal world is for a good laugh at the sheer nonsense spouted by the presenters and guests. ;)

"when it comes to movements, there are two movements that I know are sought after all over the world, one of them is Japanese and the other is the Swiss Ronda movement."

Stick to selling will and pensions Den, as you know sod all about watches.

Den - "you can't miss out on what would be the crowning achievement of your collection."

Yeas I can , and it wouldn't come close to be the crowning achievement. ;):ROFLMAO:

You know Den, there's a massive range of luxury watches away from Ideal World's offerings, while IW has had one or two very good watches, and few decent affordable watches (and a very lot of not so decent), none of them are in same league as the luxury Swiss/German brands, Grand Seiko etc, when it comes to being a "crowning achievement of your watch collection". Yeah for folks that only spend say a max of £500 on a watch then the Traser may be that crowning achievement, but for most serious watch collectors it wouldn't come close.

Den - "This is actually made by hand, by man by machine, to actually make this case dance with light." " I've got bands of turquoise rolling across the screen, I know you can't see it, but I can." :confused::ROFLMAO:

It's actually the dial she's speaking about, not the case. And again hand made by machine.

Last edited:
Dee Knees doing watches is akin to men doing fashion, it just doesn’t gel.

especially the IW men, I find them very creepy/weird when they are doing fashion, the way the handle the clothing and speak about it, oh how gorgeous, stunning, so soft against the skin, blah blah, sound like a bunch of cross-dressers. :ROFLMAO:

I think it depends on the presenter. Not just referring to IW, I mean in general. I caught some of Rob doing fashion the other night and you could tell it wasn't his thing.

:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, Rob doesn't look enthusiastic at the best of times, but looks even less interested when doing fashion.

He should do more of the furniture shows, at least then he wouldn't look out of place sitting down.

Latest posts

Back