Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mason's favourite line - "how many of the blue do we have left Charles" <pauses> then "is that it" , then puts on the face. :ROFLMAO:
It's all smoke and mirrors. They can say 'we've already sold 10% and we're only 5 minutes in!!!' however if their starting stock for the item is 20 that means they've sold 2 :)

Yes yes, I know in reality they deal in much larger numbers, however my point stands in as far as if you're not sharing actual stock numbers with us, percentages mean very little.

Oh, Oh, Jess in hyper mode tonight. Geesh Jess it's only a slicer, and it's not even new, it's just copying the Kitchen Wizzard from years ago. :ROFLMAO:
I'm sure she's perfectly nice in real life, however can't take to her at all. All gushy gushy, OTT faux sincere facial expressions etc etc. Yep, she fits right in as a selly telly presenter with those attributes ;)

It's all smoke and mirrors. They can say 'we've already sold 10% and we're only 5 minutes in!!!' however if their starting stock for the item is 20 that means they've sold 2 :)

Yes yes, I know in reality they deal in much larger numbers, however my point stands in as far as if you're not sharing actual stock numbers with us, percentages mean very little.

How do we know what the stock levels are on ideal?

Like I have said before at least with TJC they are clear with what is selling and what is not (if something is not selling they move on quick sharp)

Do Ideal really have 200 of one model of watch for one show? i would doubt that

Probably is a story, but he looks like the kind of person that would things at the drop of a hat, he always appears scatterbrained to me. Does he not have a smoke and heat alarms in his kitchen?

It's the law in Scotland you must have smoke alarm in you kitchen, main hallway and the room you use the most ie living room, a heat alarm in the kitchen and carbon monoxide detector near you boiler/gas fire, all either hard wired or wirelessly connected to each other. When one goes off, they all go off, like having a reg varney in every room. :ROFLMAO:
I think mark stewart is a decent bloke. As said before he can't operate an air fryer or any other device let alone a chef

I wish I had recorded the few times he was on TJC not turning the air fryer on, saying it was simple to use and just literally bashing buttons and taking out a completely raw steak the "highlights"

He has done just as many errors on Ideal but they still use him, which tells me he must be cheap, i saw those chips the other day jesus

I think mark stewart is a decent bloke. As said before he can't operate an air fryer or any other device let alone a chef

I wish I had recorded the few times he was on TJC not turning the air fryer on, saying it was simple to use and just literally bashing buttons and taking out a completely raw steak the "highlights"

He has done just as many errors on Ideal but they still use him, which tells me he must be cheap, i saw those chips the other day jesus
Even my 9 year-old grandson said to me Nanny those chips aren't cooked

How do we know what the stock levels are on ideal?

Like I have said before at least with TJC they are clear with what is selling and what is not (if something is not selling they move on quick sharp)

Do Ideal really have 200 of one model of watch for one show? i would doubt that

This is just guessing, from the very odd hint, on a very occasions they may give an actual number for what's left, so you can get an idea of where they maybe started.

For most of the watches, from the non Kev Reynold's brand, i would say when they have a new watch in it's probably in the rage of 30 to 50 for each colour of the model, maybe the odd 100, but remember many of the shows from these brands will only have a couple of new watches and the rest will be existing stock that didn't sell out first time on air. Of course they could get more stock in, but with limited edition watches, which many of these brands do, there is a limit to the amount of restocking that can be done, and I bet on many shows there will be a few watches with say 30/50 in stock and a lot that will have stock levels say from 30 down to single figures.

As for Kev Reynold's brands, it's his company Watchbase ltd that holds the stock, apart from an odd special edition where he's bought all the stock then those numbers will vary a lot. I think it's similar to the other brands where a new model will have the highest stock for that show, but most of the watches in the show will have much lower stock levels. I think the maximum number of any watch he's offered from stock is approx 100 for a new model, quite a few will be around the 50 mark, but because he has so many watches and colorway variations, I'm guessing most of his watches are 30 down to single figures. It's hard to get up to-date financial records but the last one that was filed for his company, had his stock at £320,000.
Now his watches come in a vast price range from approx £200 up to £1200 (i know theres a couple of £10,000 watches, but they only been 5/10 off in number), most will be around average £300/£400 retail, so if we say the average cost/wholesale price of the watch he stocks is £200 then that means in the last accounts he would have had approx 1600 watches in stock at varying prices.
At this present time IW have 244 watch models for sale from Kev Reynolds brands, then you can see that the stock levels for individual watches must be very low. Even if we say his stk had increased to £500,000 since his last accounts, then that would mean approx 2500 in stock over 244 model which still means not a lot of each model.

So like you, i doubt IW would have 200 of any watch on a show, any new model will have the highest stock level, but most in a show, will be a lot less than that and some will only be in very low figures.

I'm sure she's perfectly nice in real life, however can't take to her at all. All gushy gushy, OTT faux sincere facial expressions etc etc. Yep, she fits right in as a selly telly presenter with those attributes ;)
Yeah she was fine as a guest for Proskins, but now she's employing her poor acting skills to her presenting and it comes over as annoying. Shona is the same, faux excitement with products, using higher pitch to her voice to emphasise the excitement and wonder, and of course can't stand either's voice, or Sally's or Den's. :ROFLMAO:

Oh on last night's RGMT watch show we had Mason again.

Mason – “Everything is flying out, guys honestly forgive me for labouring this point, please check out your baskets, there is going to be an awful lot of you missing out on these watches now.”

“Guys, listen, forgive me for making you feel like you’re being pushed from pillar to post, but we literally are so short of time, so short of watches, and if I’m not mistaken, there are so many watches selling out behind the scenes we don’t have much of anything left, so check out your baskets.”

Ok so they started the show with 12 models in 27 colourways.

This morning they still have the 12 models in 25 colourways.

So the many sell outs are actually only 2 colours out of 27.

And one of those is the stupid dodgy compass watch, who is buying these rubbish things?

Oh on last night's RGMT watch show we had Mason again.

Mason – “Everything is flying out, guys honestly forgive me for labouring this point, please check out your baskets, there is going to be an awful lot of you missing out on these watches now.”

“Guys, listen, forgive me for making you feel like you’re being pushed from pillar to post, but we literally are so short of time, so short of watches, and if I’m not mistaken, there are so many watches selling out behind the scenes we don’t have much of anything left, so check out your baskets.”

Ok so they started the show with 12 models in 27 colourways.

This morning they still have the 12 models in 25 colourways.

So the many sell outs are actually only 2 colours out of 27.

And one of those is the stupid dodgy compass watch, who is buying these rubbish things?
Can't stand his sales patter

'I say this not to hurry you, not to pressure you, but to inform you my friends ...'

blah blah blah, yeah, of course, you have the viewers best interest at heart ;)

Your very post demonstrates they basically open their mouths and spout garbage. Take the cooking shows others are commenting on. I'm convinced if they produced a 'cooked' foodstuff from an oven and it was blatantly still uncooked, if the demo'ing 'chef' didn't mention it the presenter would still go 'ohhhh that looks SOooo good and tasty, let me at it!!!'

It's like I said before, they switch on and away they go ...

Joking aside, I genuinely wonder what the likes of Mike M (and the others) would say if you could question them on stuff like that e.g. 'you said most stuff was about to sell out last night and yet 24 hours later much of it is still for sale in reasonable quantities' ... what would they say???

Can't stand his sales patter

'I say this not to hurry you, not to pressure you, but to inform you my friends ...'

blah blah blah, yeah, of course, you have the viewers best interest at heart ;)

Your very post demonstrates they basically open their mouths and spout garbage. Take the cooking shows others are commenting on. I'm convinced if they produced a 'cooked' foodstuff from an oven and it was blatantly still uncooked, if the demo'ing 'chef' didn't mention it the presenter would still go 'ohhhh that looks SOooo good and tasty, let me at it!!!'

It's like I said before, they switch on and away they go ...

Joking aside, I genuinely wonder what the likes of Mike M (and the others) would say if you could question them on stuff like that e.g. 'you said most stuff was about to sell out last night and yet 24 hours later much of it is still for sale in reasonable quantities' ... what would they say???

Was it QVC years ago, where you could phone with questions live on air, I would never be off the phone on watch shows. :ROFLMAO: I would love to bump into the presenters and guests and be able to question them about the rubbish they spout, although little chance of seeing any of them up this way.

I always laugh when they talk about chips being golden brown all the way round, but when they empty the chips into a plate, their brown on one side and white on the other. And as has been said, most of the stuff seems half cooked.
Same recipes, although think it's a bit of a cheek calling them recipes, most of them are just pieces of sausages/meat/chicken thrown in an oven.
And Jack's breakfast pizza is the most unappealing looking breakfast i've seen. I laughed one day when he was asked how many folks it would serve, he said four. :eek: It had 3 sausages, 4 eggs, 1 slice of black pudding, 1 tomato halved, two rashers of bacon, 1 mushroom and 1 hash brown, and that feeds four. :ROFLMAO:

My god, John Campbell with the slicer going on about how it's great for cutting down on waste, goes on about articles online which tells you just how much food we waste in this country.

Well John, you're making a good contribution to that waste, you waste more vegetables in one show than i do in a year. Just imagine the cumulative waste in your many, many shows with a whole host of products. ****** hypocrite, if you were really that concerened in the amount of food waste we produce, you would make one video per product and show that in the many subsequent shows instead of appearing live in every show and wasting more & more fruit & vegetables.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back