Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter does have trouble with a lot of his vocabulary. :ROFLMAO:
I see he was up to his old tricks the other night, something like a vacuum for £100 split across 4 flexis of £25.

'And for only £25 ya can't go wrong, can ya, I mean come on!'

It really angers me when he does this. When he does say 'first of x flexis' he stumbles over his words as he tries to say it as quickly and fleetingly as possible.

If the vacuum WAS £25 Peter Simon then yes, it would be a GREAT deal. However it's not, is it ... there's the small matter of another £75 to be paid if you want to keep it.

They're real snake oil salespeople on IW, pushing the 'pay the first flexi to get it home and if you don't like it send it back' line, fully knowing many consumers will take the easier path and just keep the thing even if they don't overly like the purchase.

And it also tells us management are complicit, because if they weren't it would be driven into the presenters to make it 100% verbally clear 'first of x flexis.'

I see he was up to his old tricks the other night, something like a vacuum for £100 split across 4 flexis of £25.

It really angers me when he does this. When he does say 'first of x flexis' he stumbles over his words as he tries to say it as quickly and fleetingly as possible.

If the vacuum WAS £25 Peter Simon then yes, it would be a GREAT deal. However it's not, is it ... there's the small matter of another £75 to be paid if you want to keep it.

They're real snake oil salespeople on IW, pushing the 'pay the first flexi to get it home and if you don't like it send it back' line, fully knowing many consumers will take the easier path and just keep the thing even if they don't overly like the purchase.

And it also tells us management are complicit, because if they weren't it would be driven into the presenters to make it 100% verbally clear 'first of x flexis.'

I've said before, that an odd misleading gaff, you could explain away as an overzealous presenter, but there is sooo much misleading stuff, not just by the presenters, but the guests, in VT segments and on their web site, it's obvious that the ethos of Ideal World is to sell at all/any cost, use any tactic, lie, con, mislead, truth be damned, and this ethos is done with the full backing of the Ideal Management. the whole orginasation is crooked from top to bottom, well maybe not the cleaners and warehouse staff, but anyone one who has involvement with/ part of/ or authority over their shows, ie Presenters, Buyers, Producers, Director, mid/senior management, they are all totally complicit.

In a similar vein to the flexi pay trick, I hate when Mason says "I don't want you to buy it" or "you're not buying it", get it home try it out, use it and if you don't like it, send it back and you'll get all the installments you've paid back. But you have to commit to buying before they send it out and they know full well that some folks, will often keep items they may not be 100% happy with rather than have the hassle of arranging for it's return.

He also harps on about the 14 day trial and no quibble money back guarantee, firstly as though it's something IW are doing out of the goodness of their heart, when in fact it's actually the law, Consumer act, that requires long distance sellers to offer a 14 day money back guarantee.
Secondly, he'll say open it, use it and if you don't like it send it back, get all your money back, but fails to mention the T & Cs covering this procedure or it's only mentioned very quickly in the passing. Those T & Cs are very important, while there is a law covering long distance selling and provides a 14 days grace for buyers to cancel/return, that doesn't cover items that are opened and used, then you're at the mercy of IW.

"Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order and obtain a refund for any item purchased (apart from the exceptions listed) when ordering either over the telephone or via the internet.
You are entitled to cancel your contract, provided that you tell us you want to cancel the contract no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive your goods, or in the case of a multiple order, the last part of the order (other than any goods which you have pre-ordered which will have separate cancellation rights)."

A no quibble means this to IW.

"Please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling of them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop; for example if the goods have been used, parts are missing or security / hygiene seals have been broken."

Bordell - "What i love here is, we have a historic watchmaker, Earnshaw, putting their classic watchmaking style in a classic case, called a Tonneau case."

What a load of bull:poop:

NO Jonathan, what we have here is a Chinese watchmaker, acquiring & using the name of a historic watchmaker and using one of their own Chinese styled movements into a Tonneau style case, as usual as style copied by the Chinese (which they do best copying other peoples ideas) that is used by quite a few on Ali.

Dirty Peter

He's so excited in the watch show, he's really struggling with his words.

Oh he's into top gear with the nonsense - " what a watch, now we could name two watch brands, right, one French, one Swiss you'd be paying a fortune. We're not comparing them but for that money. Only 80 in the World, this is as good, well i was just in my head then thinking this is like a work of, rare work of art. But this is like the Bangs, Banksy coordination of beautiful time." o_O:ROFLMAO:

So why mention two brands that cost a fortune then?

Why mention two brands when that Chinese watch doesn't come anywhere near the same quality of materials, craftsmanship or quality control etc of those two brands?

Unfortunately, Peter Simon is nothing like as stupid as he portrays himself on air he just about steps the right side of the very very very faint ASA guidelines often enough and he knows it

Talking of which I received an update email yesterday despite a recorded video clip a 400-word explanation my email complaint was not in-depth enough and due to shortage of staff they will not be taking it further (this is the one from months ago they first said they weren't sure if they would take it further)

A pitiful organisation and the channels know it despite what they say sometimes on air

Peter - "I love this watch brand, RGMT they're extraordinary, they really are extraordinary, an American Company blah blah blah."

Peter, Peter, Peter, why do you keep lying, nothing American about them in the slightest. :rolleyes:

Saving a recording of that for Rob Locke with an 'E', who said the other night, that they can't lie on Ideal World, only tell you the truth as they would be in trouble with ASA and Ofcom if they did, might even loose their license he said.

Unfortunately, Peter Simon is nothing like as stupid as he portrays himself on air he just about steps the right side of the very very very faint ASA guidelines often enough and he knows it

Talking of which I received an update email yesterday despite a recorded video clip a 400-word explanation my email complaint was not in-depth enough and due to shortage of staff they will not be taking it further (this is the one from months ago they first said they weren't sure if they would take it further)

A pitiful organisation and the channels know it despite what they say sometimes on air

I actually think the problem is more with ASA, rather than Peter Simon not being stupid, yeah sometimes he sails close but adding odd words here or there that give him a get out jail card, but IMO he still manages to cross the ASA guidelines daily. From my two complaints, although both were upheld I felt their punishment for IW was nothing more than a wee slap on the wrist, which instead of encouraging people to complain on misleading advertising actually puts people off as people just say what's the point in complaining, we're just wasting our time as there is no real punishment.
ASA - Assiting Shysters Agency

ASA & IW are made for each other, one are con artists the other turn a blind eye.

This from that pair last night, is getting as frequent as Mason trying to get the Almaz for three years baloney...

‘This is a 199 pound watch this! (99), where’s my sheet?....this is wrong, have you got a sheet?...I tell yer, get on the phones cos that is never right!.....There’s gonna be a phone call in a minute............ha ha ha there it is! Ha ha, grab it!....’

It’s not word for word but you get the idea, It’s getting more frequent with DP. Boydell/Bordell whatever his name is, with his posh suit on, looked totally embarrassed.

This from that pair last night, is getting as frequent as Mason trying to get the Almaz for three years baloney...

‘This is a 199 pound watch this! (99), where’s my sheet?....this is wrong, have you got a sheet?...I tell yer, get on the phones cos that is never right!.....There’s gonna be a phone call in a minute............ha ha ha there it is! Ha ha, grab it!....’

It’s not word for word but you get the idea, It’s getting more frequent with DP. Boydell/Bordell whatever his name is, with his posh suit on, looked totally embarrassed.

it's Jonathon Bordell, and he should be embarrassed, he came out with some rubbish, lies & misinformation last night.

Speaking of Mason, on the early show, twice he was at it with the prices and his comments "Ah someone’s in trouble" & "Someone’s going to get fired". No need for that rubbish, similar and even better quality watches can be had on Ali Express for a lot less than IW.

I went to Curry's the other day at my local retail park. They had only been open for approx. 3 mins when I walked in and there were 2 other customers in the entire shop. I was slightly surprised when one of the assistants ran up to me yelling ...

'Guvna, guvna, we're ALREADY IN MELTDOWN!!! We've hardly got ANY STOCK LEFT!!! I say this not to hurry you my friend, not to pressure you, simply to advise.'

It was weird cause I went back in just a few mins before they closed and their shelves were still fully stocked?

:)

#MikeMasonSalesSchool

Spot on. It's an absolute disgrace and nothing is ever going to be done about it.

Simon is the worst at this. Not everybody is tuned in enough to spot the raced through, trying to catch his own teeth bit at the end, and I do wonder how many people have bought items thinking they are significantly cheaper than they are because of this tactic?

Presenters should NOT be allowed to state the part price. They should have to quote the full price at all times and then state that it is available to be paid in installments of whatever amount. For me one of the most sickening and cynical ploys used on this channel.

Johnathan Bordell just said , of Earnshaw , '...... they're in Holborn , they'll look after you.'
Really ? What's all that about?
A bit of googling reveals that Dartmouth Brands have got what looks like a timeshare / mailing address at a communal work space in Holborn.
This one; https://work.life/locations/holborn/
So, if you want to be 'looked after by Earnshaw' just rock up to Work Space Holborn where you will be met by a kindly old watchmaker.
Or maybe you'll be met by someone who thinks you're bonkers.

Latest posts

Back