Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought he took x weeks off before xmas to film some 'big stuff'? Did anyone find out what it was?
Rob mentioned last night that he has a new agent who has managed to get him some parts in upcoming dramas. As has been said it will probably be Corpse #3 in Vera or some minor role that he will endlessly push once it's been shown.
On the subject of becoming a singer, if memory serves me right wasn't Mason a lead singer in a blues band? I think when he left, Marina from Price Drop took his place. Does he ever mention it on air? I've only ever heard him say he used to be an electrician. I wonder if there's any embarrassing videos online of him singing? It would save me putting the heating on for the night.

Rob mentioned last night that he has a new agent who has managed to get him some parts in upcoming dramas. As has been said it will probably be Corpse #3 in Vera or some minor role that he will endlessly push once it's been shown.
On the subject of becoming a singer, if memory serves me right wasn't Mason a lead singer in a blues band? I think when he left, Marina from Price Drop took his place. Does he ever mention it on air? I've only ever heard him say he used to be an electrician. I wonder if there's any embarrassing videos online of him singing? It would save me putting the heating on for the night.
Does anyone remember him and Marina selling a pen? It's on YouTube, it always cracks me up.

Actually, was it Marina with Mason or the creepy one?

It was the creepy one - - - link - - -

146859922_1337284739938861_5978270516780182974_o.jpg

Someone showing off their rare Earn haw on the Facebook page for the Clockwork Club🤣 not really heard of these watch subscription clubs before but this one seems to use alot of the IW brands🤔🤫 just like IW, your monthly subscription will be less than the RRP for the watch they send out lol.
P.s this is supposed to be a Swiss Thomas Earnshaw, good Swiss QC😲😳😯

Always alarmed when I am told “We WILL have FUN.” And that is the 21st IW Birthday message from SR dressed as Harold Aphid this evening from his Dog Eat Dog period. What would be FUN would be a return of some of the 2000 products and presenters...A good old Fuk Luk Sau, a metallic green clapped out VW Beetle at £500 on a ‘51’ plate, the talking cod in a tacky frame, Tony Blackburn’s Karaoke machine, Paul ‘Say it Twice’ Price, Douglas Whatever His Name Was, Victoria Rainfall, Mr. Midnight...The list is endless. 21 years of tat and cheese. The frightening thing is I was there for the original show and I’m here for this one, God help me!

Most things improve over the years, but in some ways the channel began more professional than it is now. That opening night they did sell a car, but you had presenters who you knew, Paul Lavers, Debbie Flint and Steve Whatley, Steve in My eyes was the best, yes he had the singing fish, but he cared for the customers, sent them christmas cards, I guess you don’t know how the fire in 2001 changed things.

Now the channel, is full of make believe guests, presenters who are actors, like Jess, Shona and Volervant, Market Traders Paul B, Mike M plus that guy from Bamix. You have Shaun Ryan, Dennice who have been there for ever. You have Jess who’s parents are aliens.

Then you have Peter who the 80s theme will just be right for. And you have presenters who don’t even wanna be there Rob, and guests who are Lies.

Even on the wiki page their launch date was 17th April 2000.

here's a snippet,

To be fair they do still sell cars.

Like the ones you can drive up a wall or under a table or the ones made from even cheaper looking plastic that go around the click together track :)

I'm not sure if Peter S is doing any of the dress up birthday shows, he'd be even more unbearable than usual!

Ignoring the fact that they're doing an 80's theme for the anniversary of a channel that started in 2000, I've just flicked over for the first time today and "I'm not a chef" John is dressed as Adam Ant. Rob however is just sitting (as usual) in an old leather jacket and, looking like a twat, combed his hair into a centre parting. Hardly worth the effort there Rob. What a missed opportunity to dress as Meat Loaf!

Oh no! John is making pastry in the Bamix attachment and Rob has just piped up "I'm quite partial to a nice puff myself". Really? An outdated homophobic slur on shopping telly? Is that what you've become now Rob? It's 2021. Even John got embarrassed and he's dressed up as Adam Ant on live telly!

As if it wasn't bad enough in normal times, with the constant informing us of just how busy they are and what bargain prices they have, and you wouldn't think it was possible to get worse, but this birthday malarkey is just an excuse to make that situation possible and infuriate folks even further with the ridiculous amount of stock updates/how busy they are and bargain prices.

80s theme, more appropriate would have been a clown theme.;)

That Fabro is climbing his way to the top of the dislike list for me, really feel like smashing the TV when he turns and looks at the camera with that stupid teethy grin 😁 and silly giggling noise he makes.

Someone showing off their rare Earn haw on the Facebook page for the Clockwork Club🤣 not really heard of these watch subscription clubs before but this one seems to use alot of the IW brands🤔🤫 just like IW, your monthly subscription will be less than the RRP for the watch they send out lol.
P.s this is supposed to be a Swiss Thomas Earnshaw, good Swiss QC😲😳😯

Watchgang is another, they do a lot of the Resultco brands, they use the ridiculously high RRPs to infer they are sending you more expensive watches than your subscription amount. Personally, i just can't understand why folks would join them, if they were sending watches from well known watchmaking brands fine, but most of their watches are Chinese made watches from brands most folks have never heard off.

I wouldn't believe a word/claims that Solar time make about their watches, they might have stuck a Swiss Movement in it, doesn't mean it's been through good QC by a reputable Swiss watchmaker/technician.

Latest posts

Back