Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What the **** does shona look like on the dormeo mattress show this morning, supposed to be Toyah but has nobody ever shown her a picture.

The same mattress was the same price over christmas with delivery, but on trustpilot they were waiting over a month for the mattresses to arrive.

Is it me or are they just confusing themselves this morning, firstly they were selling dormeo pillows at half price then the GX pillow straight after and all this presented by the supposed Mypillow ambassador to the channel. :unsure::unsure::unsure:.

Is it me or are they just confusing themselves this morning, firstly they were selling dormeo pillows at half price then the GX pillow straight after and all this presented by the supposed Mypillow ambassador to the channel. :unsure::unsure::unsure:.
When Shona is in presenter mode, I think we are meant to forget she is used as a guest, same goes with Jess.

As bad as that is, it's nothing to the other day she was called an Interior Designer. :eek:

Didn't realise working in the Theatre Scene, acting on tv and selling tat on TV shopping channels qualified you as an Interior Designer. Of course on Ideal world you can call yourself whatever you want, heck Peter voul au vent claims to be an expert in IT, Paint, Furniture, Vacuums & The Bore (sorry meant Snore) Wizard. :ROFLMAO:

It's just a farce all this pretendy expert chicanery.

Putting aside this stupid dressy up week, as others have touched on in the past, what's the point in all the live shows? Yes some shows lend themselves to always being live e.g. watch shows where the product line up changes. However when it's a one product show e.g. Bamix, floor cleaner, keep fit kit, coffee maker etc, there's absolutely no need for a new live show each time. Personally, I'd use recorded shows with the 'some products might no longer be available' message displayed. I'd record a new show maybe every 3-4 months to keep things semi-fresh.

Ignoring the fact that they're doing an 80's theme for the anniversary of a channel that started in 2000, I've just flicked over for the first time today and "I'm not a chef" John is dressed as Adam Ant. Rob however is just sitting (as usual) in an old leather jacket and, looking like a twat, combed his hair into a centre parting. Hardly worth the effort there Rob. What a missed opportunity to dress as Meat Loaf!
Yeah can't get my head around that, I wonder if they've offered any explanation as to why? They keep making references to the 80's and all you think is 'your channel didn't start for another 11 years?!?'

Saturday Night Peter is selling a Treadmill. Wonder what he will wear.

Most of his shifts seems to be In the ITV slot this week

What's an ITV slot? :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Folks need to stop calling it the ITV slot, just encourages IW to make folks think this somehow a special program exclusive to ITV, which it isn't, and that the Ideal world Channel has stopped broadcasting, which it hasn't. The correct way to say it is, Peter Simon is appearing on the early morning shows on the Ideal World Channel, which is also being simulcast to ITV Channel on Freeview.;) :)
I DON'T get ITV, there is no ITV slot in my world and I can still watch it, why because it's an Ideal World Channel program which is still being broadcast on the Ideal World Channel, what's shown on ITV is a simulcast of what's being shown on the Ideal World Channel on the other platforms that it broadcasts to.

Putting aside this stupid dressy up week, as others have touched on in the past, what's the point in all the live shows? Yes some shows lend themselves to always being live e.g. watch shows where the product line up changes. However when it's a one product show e.g. Bamix, floor cleaner, keep fit kit, coffee maker etc, there's absolutely no need for a new live show each time. Personally, I'd use recorded shows with the 'some products might no longer be available' message displayed. I'd record a new show maybe every 3-4 months to keep things semi-fresh.
Only thing is it would mean people unemployed, couldn’t give a damn so much about the presenters, but the younger staff who work behind the scenes etc

So

Folks need to stop calling it the ITV slot, just encourages IW to make folks think this somehow a special program exclusive to ITV, which it isn't, and that the Ideal world Channel has stopped broadcasting, which it hasn't. The correct way to say it is, Peter Simon is appearing on the early morning shows on the Ideal World Channel, which is also being simulcast to ITV Channel on Freeview.;) :)
I DON'T get ITV, there is no ITV slot in my world and I can still watch it, why because it's an Ideal World Channel program which is still being broadcast on the Ideal World Channel, what's shown on ITV is a simulcast of what's being shown on the Ideal World Channel on the other platforms that it broadcasts to.
Sorry Hammy my fault, slap me on the thigh and call me Terry

Would save a helluva lot of waste food, cleaning products etc.

Only thing is it would mean people unemployed, couldn’t give a damn so much about the presenters, but the younger staff who work behind the scenes etc
Yes true, however if I owned the business I'd be looking for ways to make it as financially efficient as possible. If the figures demonstrated that, overall, it paid to have constantly live shows then obviously I'd stick with that model. However if there wasn't any demonstrable evidence of this, I'd at least try reducing the number of live shows and, if it had no impact on sales, I'd keep them reduced.

Let's be brutally honest, the early hours on ITV have for years been the preserve of things like gambling productions etc. Just because it's ITV (which even in primetime isn't the force it once was) let's remember we're talking about broadcasting when most sensible folk are tucked up in bed, bar shift workers etc.

The way the presenters boast about being 'on ITV' is quite laughable, especially Rob LockE. When the collectibles show started on ITV, the way Rob was talking about it you'd have thought they were on primetime Saturday evening! 'We're going to build the show up, hopefully have celebrity guests, interviews etc ...'

Aye, ok Rob ;)

Latest posts

Back