Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hayley......yet another one that loves everything, especially the sound of her own voice.

Oh I know but I don't mind Hayley.

Don't get me wrong, she's absolutely full of it and she's very hard sell for sure but I don't find her aggressive like the shocking Genevieve. And personally I don't recall her telling any sickening personal 'stories' like the insidious Shaun Ryan.

I don't mind the 'I've got everything' spiel, I guess it's part and parcel of selling and it's so obvious and ridiculous it can be funny too. But screaming at us, like a deranged witch, and telling heart wrenching stories about dead relatives most certainly isn't.

Well it shouldn't be but, sadly, for the more repulsive one's there it clearly is :mysmilie_59:

This channel is slowly dying a slow death. The same old stuff and presenters i have every product i sell. Rick hay racking in the money and peter simon getting away with perverted jokes. No wonder leon is at other channel, me thinks she knows something is up. Don't be surprised if you see iw is off air one day this year just like bidtv just went off air.

Don't get me wrong, she's absolutely full of it and she's very hard sell for sure but I don't find her aggressive like the shocking Genevieve. And personally I don't recall her telling any sickening personal 'stories' like the insidious Shaun Ryan.

I don't mind the 'I've got everything' spiel, I guess it's part and parcel of selling and it's so obvious and ridiculous it can be funny too. But screaming at us, like a deranged witch, and telling heart wrenching stories about dead relatives most certainly isn't.

Well it shouldn't be but, sadly, for the more repulsive one's there it clearly is :mysmilie_59:

Oh I definitely agree, yes Hayley seems nice but she's a gabber but Genpleaseleave is a whole different subject, yes she is aggressive in her hard sell and wants everyone to know for that hour her and her nails down blackboard voice are running the show.

This channel is slowly dying a slow death. The same old stuff and presenters i have every product i sell. Rick hay racking in the money and peter simon getting away with perverted jokes. No wonder leon is at other channel, me thinks she knows something is up. Don't be surprised if you see iw is off air one day this year just like bidtv just went off air.

No IW won't be going anywhere, their website has too many great things on it, just wish they'd show more on tv but I'm sure what they're doing now must be working, I do agree with the Pervy Peter Simon comment, don't know how on earth he gets away with it, I really don't.

No IW won't be going anywhere, their website has too many great things on it, just wish they'd show more on tv but I'm sure what they're doing now must be working, I do agree with the Pervy Peter Simon comment, don't know how on earth he gets away with it, I really don't.

For the life of me I cannot see where there's a place for any kind of sexual innuendo from Staff, whatsoever, on a Shopping Channel or any Retailer full stop.

I've genuinely only ever seen the like on Bid and Ideal World. It's surely beyond inappropriate but so are many things on this channel.

It's these behaviours which single out Ideal World in 2016 as anything but a mainstream Shopping Channel, just like Bid wasn't :mysmilie_59:

For the life of me I cannot see where there's a place for any kind of sexual innuendo from Staff, whatsoever, on a Shopping Channel or any Retailer full stop.

I've genuinely only ever seen the like on Bid and Ideal World. It's surely beyond inappropriate but so are many things on this channel.

It's these behaviours which single out Ideal World in 2016 as anything but a mainstream Shopping Channel, just like Bid wasn't :mysmilie_59:

That's true, the Bid crew are turning, sorry turned, IW into the farce that was Bid Tv, shame that. That dirty old fart needs a visit to Human Resources.

That's true, the Bid crew are turning, sorry turned, IW into the farce that was Bid Tv, shame that. That dirty old fart needs a visit to Human Resources.

It's so inexplicable it's hard to begin imagining what the train of thought is of the people in charge.

But then again, what about Howard Griffiths? This is a very strange channel with some very, very strange presenters.

I honestly cannot think of two stranger people on television than Poo Poo Poward and Dirty, Dirty Peter but they'd make a lovely couple.

But I doubt they'd get many invites to Dinner Parties :mysmilie_59:

I couldn't agree with this more, Wirral. I remember when the Irish Banshee first started, along with Zoe-Anne Phillips who didn't last long. Genevieve was quiet, almost reserved, seemed genuinely cowed by the cameras and set up and generally came across as quite sweet. Within a matter of months she'd morphed into the Hard sell Horror that we have today - almost as if someone had opened up a door in the back of her head and programmed her. She's now without doubt the hardest sell member of staff and her insincerity quotient has skyrocketed.

Shaun Ryan's 'heartfelt' personal stories are as morally bankrupt as his 'friend' Dennice, for whom I cannot adequately express my contempt. Shaun also has an incredibly irritating habit of having to pull rank on every show with 'well, I've been here for 15/16/17+ years/since it started/from the flood' and has instructed the cameramen to do a slow pan in to his horrible face whenever he's doing a 'confessional to camera' - usually some fanciful story of a bedridden/dying relative whose quality of life was improved enormously by whatever tat he happens to be flogging. You can imagine him being enough of a princess to scream at the cameramen post show if they happen to get this wrong.

What I am finding hard to swallow at present is the canned roar of applause when Peter Simon is announced. It's like he thinks he's on Sunday Night at the Palladium. He needs a reality check. He might get in there if he was working as the cloakroom assistant.

I couldn't agree with this more, Wirral. I remember when the Irish Banshee first started, along with Zoe-Anne Phillips who didn't last long. Genevieve was quiet, almost reserved, seemed genuinely cowed by the cameras and set up and generally came across as quite sweet. Within a matter of months she'd morphed into the Hard sell Horror that we have today - almost as if someone had opened up a door in the back of her head and programmed her. She's now without doubt the hardest sell member of staff and her insincerity quotient has skyrocketed.

Shaun Ryan's 'heartfelt' personal stories are as morally bankrupt as his 'friend' Dennice, for whom I cannot adequately express my contempt. Shaun also has an incredibly irritating habit of having to pull rank on every show with 'well, I've been here for 15/16/17+ years/since it started/from the flood' and has instructed the cameramen to do a slow pan in to his horrible face whenever he's doing a 'confessional to camera' - usually some fanciful story of a bedridden/dying relative whose quality of life was improved enormously by whatever tat he happens to be flogging. You can imagine him being enough of a princess to scream at the cameramen post show if they happen to get this wrong.

And I couldn't agree more with this, particularly about the utterly appalling Shaun Ryan.

I wish he'd go on another cruise that costs nan nanty nan, with his Mam, meet someone, and sail off into the night, never to be seen again. Ever.

I cannot tell you how repulsive I find him. Nan nanty nan :mysmilie_59:

And I couldn't agree more with this, particularly about the utterly appalling Shaun Ryan.

I wish he'd go on another cruise that costs nan nanty nan, with his Mam, meet someone, and sail off into the night, never to be seen again. Ever.

I cannot tell you how repulsive I find him. Nan nanty nan :mysmilie_59:

Nan nanty nine......that's soooo funny. :mysmilie_15:

A good decongestant wouldn't do the guy any harm either. :mysmilie_17:

Have you seen that video promoting the Savings Club?

He's at his most annoying on that with his phoney, empathy feigning gestures, 'you get fantastic savings'.

No thanks Nanty Nan Man, it's you that needs saving :mysmilie_59:

Have you seen that video promoting the Savings Club?

He's at his most annoying on that with his phoney, empathy feigning gestures, 'you get fantastic savings'.

No thanks Nanty Nan Man, it's you that needs saving :mysmilie_59:

Yes I've seen that, maybe he should practice what he preaches then and save up for a personality transplant. I hope I'm sitting down the day I see the guy smile, I'll need some to sweet tea too for the shock.

Yes I've seen that, maybe he should practice what he preaches then and save up for a personality transplant. I hope I'm sitting down the day I see the guy smile, I'll need some to sweet tea too for the shock.

He can't smile because he's too busy doing those stupid, lopsided mouth movements which are clearly not natural.

I'm not quite sure what he's trying to achieve but all it does is draw attention to the unsightly mole on the right of his chin.

Nan Nanty Nan :mysmilie_59:

He can't smile because he's too busy doing those stupid, lopsided mouth movements which are clearly not natural.

I'm not quite sure what he's trying to achieve but all it does is draw attention to the unsightly mole on the right of his chin.

Nan Nanty Nan :mysmilie_59:

The funny thing is, the mole does a better job............you know what it should be paid? Yep, nan nanty nine. :mysmilie_17:

The funny thing is, the mole does a better job............you know what it should be paid? Yep, nan nanty nine. :mysmilie_17:

Ha Ha. I am a mole and I work in a hole.

They're shilling a Self Propelled Lawnmower tomorrow, fancy that. I'd point it in the direction of ghastly Angela Noghani :mysmilie_59:

(Oh, and the 'never, ever, ever at this price again' Kitchen M8 was on at 5pm, for the same price that was never, ever, ever going to be repeated).

Latest posts

Back