Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Speaking of lies.

Mason - "because I've worked in this industry for so long guys, I probably look for answers where maybe you don't, I already knew how good that product was before I had even seen it in action, and the reason for that is, I've worked in this industry for 20 years right, cause of that name, Beldray. Beldray are not a new kid on the block trying to built a name for themselves, Beldray helped build the block. They've been around for nearly 150 years, that is a reputation, that is a pedigree, that is a heritage, that is a formidable history. They have to be so good to compete with the new kids on the block because it's taken 150 years to build that name, if that product is rubbish it'll take 5 minutes to ruin it, and Beldray are not that stupid. Cause the moment something brilliant, you'll buy their products, you'll buy it again and again, and that's why they've been around for 150 years."

That's sound great Mike, only trouble it's a pack a lies.

The present day Beldray ARE a new kid on the block.

The Beldray of 1872 went out of business in 2004, it wasn't sold/taken over by another company, no it closed down, went defunct, no more. The trade name Beldray by a company in Rochdale (went into voluntary liquidation last year), and they intended use it on a new range of products, but never did, instead they ended up selling part of their business approx 12 years ago and with it the Beldray trade name

The present Beldray has only been on the go for approx 12 years, after acquiring the original Beldray's Trademark, which had already changed hands since the original Beldray closed down. The present day Beldray has absolutely no connection to the old Beldray (apart from using their name) and therefore has no right to claim that company's reputation, history or heritage is theirs.

You could say it's the exact same situation we have with Earnshaw watches, where we have a watch brand pretending/misleading folks into believing they have a connection to the original Earnshaw when it has nothing of the sort.

Noddys back. :)

More big, very big Chinese made watches, first stunner has a £4 quartz movement in it, and they want £375. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and the second stunner has the same movement.

3rd stunner has a £15 movement.

btw these are retail movement prices, buying a one of, they'll be cheaper at wholesale prices.

Last edited:
Well that didn't take long, Ducati best bike company in all four corners of the world 🤣 Mason has just been on with Beldray in short sleeves showing his Seamaster, now on the Ducati bit, sleeves down hiding it. Why not just take the damn watch off 🤔
was wonder if he would change, cause he definitely wasn't hiding his Seamaster in the last show.

Oh btw with all these watch shows lately, I was unable to resist buying a new one.

Was lucky as the online shop was only open for approx 3 minutes on Sunday, but managed to get in there fast.

This one will be winging it's way to add to the collection soon.

PSX_20190120_132748.jpg

Mason, using his extensive vocabulary - "we deliver to you for nothink" :ROFLMAO:

I always hate it when he says - "and return it to your local Asdas." who the hell is ASDAS? :ROFLMAO: Apart from Mason, I've never heard anyone call Asda, Asdas.

Noddy - "you've got a really remarkable movement in there, the 2315."

Yeah Martin, £4 buys you one heck of remarkable movement. :ROFLMAO:

Oh btw with all these watch shows lately, I was unable to resist buying a new one.

Was lucky as the online shop was only open for approx 3 minutes on Sunday, but managed to get in there fast.

View attachment 20672
Each to their own, however that's the kind of watch face I like. Simple. Uncluttered. A look of quality. Can't be doing with all the 'bells and whistles' watches that have multiple mini dials, knobs, switches etc. I'm not knocking folk that like those styles and I know genuine quality brands make them (so not knocking IW), would be a boring world if we all liked the same things, however not for me.

Mason, using his extensive vocabulary - "we deliver to you for nothink" :ROFLMAO:

I always hate it when he says - "and return it to your local Asdas." who the hell is ASDAS? :ROFLMAO: Apart from Mason, I've never heard anyone call Asda, Asdas.

Noddy - "you've got a really remarkable movement in there, the 2315."

Yeah Martin, £4 buys you one heck of remarkable movement. :ROFLMAO:
I caught 2 mins of the show then turned over. Coming out with his usual drivel, you've got to check out now, these are gonna go, I say this not to rush you etc. However I picked up on one of the statements, namely this one

our website can't keep up with demand ...

Really? REALLY?!? If I was IW I'd be having a stern word with whoever develops and supports the website then. Even if people were checking out a watch at a rate of 1 every 2-3 secs (which they won't be except maybe for a few peaks here and there) a basic ecommerce solution would be able to cope without crashing.

This is what I mean about them being on a very transparent autopilot. Regardless of what they're selling, regardless of the time of day, regardless of how things will actually be selling, they doggedly stick to the same 'hurry and buy hurry and buy!!!' script, very much like the tele-ads that show through the night with a dubbed voice over the actors

'and this unique 10 CD set can be yours for only £29.99, yes £29.99, however please place your order NOW as these limited edition sets will GO!!!' (same ad has been showing for years ...)

View attachment 20672
Ah! one of Eddie's, thats how to resurrect an old trade name and do it right! I have a Speedbird in my collection, real quality watches that will go up in value and might survive to be an heirloom 🙂 unlike an Earnshaw etc.🤔

I agree on the points made about ITV. Quite a few of the presenters seem to see it as a feather in their hat, the fact that they are broadcasting during the hours on a channel that used to be taken up with spinning a roulette wheel, and highlights from Oracle post the epilogue. Nothing remotely to be proud of, being given those broadcasting hours.

Each to their own, however that's the kind of watch face I like. Simple. Uncluttered. A look of quality. Can't be doing with all the 'bells and whistles' watches that have multiple mini dials, knobs, switches etc. I'm not knocking folk that like those styles and I know genuine quality brands make them (so not knocking IW), would be a boring world if we all liked the same things, however not for me.
Yeah, simple and uncluttered can ooze style by the bucket load, if you want a good dress watch a clean simple case and dial, with a nice strap is the job.
Chronographs have their place, it just depends on your lifestyle, especially if you're a sporty person then it can be a handy tool and if not oversized can look good in a dress or casual situation.
Mechanical/Automatic chronographs on the other hand are a different kettle of fish, they're really for folks who are more interested in the horology aspects rather than it simply being a tool watch, most of my chronographs would fall in this category.
Problem I have with some of IW chronograph is their sheer size, while they have some that are IMO a good size, they also have a lot that are way too big, if your a sporty type, the last thing you want is a hunking great heavy metal lump on your wrist while you're timing yourself doing your activity, plus despite what some of the guests say, some do not look good as a dress watch, smaller chronos can, but not these behemoths IW sell.

I caught 2 mins of the show then turned over. Coming out with his usual drivel, you've got to check out now, these are gonna go, I say this not to rush you etc. However I picked up on one of the statements, namely this one

our website can't keep up with demand ...

Really? REALLY?!? If I was IW I'd be having a stern word with whoever develops and supports the website then. Even if people were checking out a watch at a rate of 1 every 2-3 secs (which they won't be except maybe for a few peaks here and there) a basic ecommerce solution would be able to cope without crashing.

This is what I mean about them being on a very transparent autopilot. Regardless of what they're selling, regardless of the time of day, regardless of how things will actually be selling, they doggedly stick to the same 'hurry and buy hurry and buy!!!' script, very much like the tele-ads that show through the night with a dubbed voice over the actors

'and this unique 10 CD set can be yours for only £29.99, yes £29.99, however please place your order NOW as these limited edition sets will GO!!!' (same ad has been showing for years ...)

And as we've said many times in the past, if they can't keep up with demand, which if we believe the presenters, happens with every product and some within minutes, then they need to hire new buyer/stock controllers, cause they are obviously poor at their job. If you're not buying in enough to meet demand then they need to increase their buying/stock levels, but for some reason they don't as demand continues to outstrip their stock levels daily. :unsure::confused:

Ah! one of Eddie's, thats how to resurrect an old trade name and do it right! I have a Speedbird in my collection, real quality watches that will go up in value and might survive to be an heirloom 🙂 unlike an Earnshaw etc.🤔

Yeah, some folks are making a quick killing selling some of the Smiths on ebay due to the lack of availability. Because they are quality watches, folks know how hard it is to get one and are willing to pay more than they cost to get their hands on one.
The shop was only open for the first 200 orders on Sunday, which lasted all of 3 minutes, the last time the shop opened on the 7th Feb they sold 600 Everests in under 10 minutes. :eek:
This is my 3rd Smiths, Have the PRS-25 Everest, PRS-25 Everest Expedition and now the PRS-29AM.

Every time I get the email from Eddie, I'm straight onto the page, but for some reason, don't pull the trigger 🤔 most of the range are too small for me 😟

Latest posts

Back