Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wee exchange on the Earnshaw Admiral Hawke, £249.99

Peter - " The complication of a power reserve on the watch, is not only labour intensive, the cost to that watch is considerable."

Bordell - "exactly, what's wonderful about this is you got not only the power reserve but it's balanced out with a separate sub second dial at the 6 o clock position, so it's beautifully balanced. it's very rare to get a watch, here an automatic watch, again these are automatic mechanical watches at these sort of prices with the complications of a sub second dial and a power reserve."

they don't half speak some drivel, of course the ignorant IW customers will be lapping up this nonsense.

Here's one of my £50 watches from Ali, IWC homage, very rare watch with power reserve and sub second dial, so value must have increased ten fold by now, maybe i should insure it.:unsure: ;):ROFLMAO:

Parnis  Automatic PA767 (Sea-Gull 2542) (5)1.jpg

Got it on their website ... you'd think that section would have been edited out!

It reminded me when Noddy was on last year, and I think it was Shaun was trying to get the watch or the chrono function working, but it just wouldn't work, then Noddy said "it's just arrived today (diverted in flight from Baselworld) and we haven't had time to put the movement in it yet". I'm screaming at the TV, No movement, if there's no movement what the hell is the dial and hands attached to you muppet?"

He should have just admitted he'd just forgotten to put a battery in the watch. :ROFLMAO:

It reminded me when Noddy was on last year, and I think it was Shaun was trying to get the watch or the chrono function working, but it just wouldn't work, then Noddy said "it's just arrived today (diverted in flight from Baselworld) and we haven't had time to put the movement in it yet". I'm screaming at the TV, No movement, if there's no movement what the hell is the dial and hands attached to you muppet?"

He should have just admitted he'd just forgotten to put a battery in the watch. :ROFLMAO:

The sad thing is the watches are getting sent to buyers like this and there are a few on trustpilot.

Peter on Nubeo - "They were meant to have an extrodinary launch on their own stand in Basel."

You have to wonder what goes on in his mind to come out with this nonsense. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The original Nubeo, when it was a Swiss watch brand when Kobe Bryant backed them, was at Baselworld, but since they folded and Solar Time acquired the Nubeo Trademark, no way will they be having a stand at Baselworld.

Wee exchange on the Earnshaw Admiral Hawke, £249.99

Peter - " The complication of a power reserve on the watch, is not only labour intensive, the cost to that watch is considerable."

Bordell - "exactly, what's wonderful about this is you got not only the power reserve but it's balanced out with a separate sub second dial at the 6 o clock position, so it's beautifully balanced. it's very rare to get a watch, here an automatic watch, again these are automatic mechanical watches at these sort of prices with the complications of a sub second dial and a power reserve."

they don't half speak some drivel, of course the ignorant IW customers will be lapping up this nonsense.

Here's one of my £50 watches from Ali, IWC homage, very rare watch with power reserve and sub second dial, so value must have increased ten fold by now, maybe i should insure it.:unsure: ;):ROFLMAO:

View attachment 20714
Joking aside, if that watch was on IW with a 'brand' name slapped on it, they'd have it selling for £250 with an RRP of £500, telling viewers it was worth every penny. I know very little about watches, however based on your pic, your watch looks just as good quality wise as some of the watches IW sell for x times more.

Charlatans.

And here we go three days later and Mason is back selling the very product he assured us "wouldn't be around tomorrow"

you shameless piece of work
I'll say it again, I genuinely wonder what he'd say in his own defence if he was pulled up on this. Same goes for the rest of them. I imagine their get out clause would be something like 'oh emmm, we got some unexpected additional stock delivered the next day and loaded into the system.'

And I'll say this again, this is where they are like actors, albeit bad ones, trotting out the same selly telly sales lines no matter what the truth is behind the scenes.

These are gonna GO!
Check out ya basket quick guys, we're in meltdown!
You're being wise and buying ahead, we can't keep up!
Only a few of these left guys, I'd place your order now!

And as you say surprise surprise, 12, 24, 48 hours later they often still have plenty stock left. To me, that's not an acceptable sales pitch ... it's outright lies.

Joking aside, if that watch was on IW with a 'brand' name slapped on it, they'd have it selling for £250 with an RRP of £500, telling viewers it was worth every penny. I know very little about watches, however based on your pic, your watch looks just as good quality wise as some of the watches IW sell for x times more.

Charlatans.

It's probably got the same movement as the Earnshaw, Parnis is a Chinese brand, well know to watch folk, quality is good, every bit as good, if not better, than the Earnshaw. And unlike Earnshaw, Parnis isn't ashamed of where they are made or hide what's in their watches, the Parnis has the Sea-Gull 2542 movement. The only thing folks don't like about Parnis is they mainly do homage watches, which doesn't sit well with a lot of collectors, quite a few collectors don't like homage watches as their to close to being like fakes/replicas, but they are very popular with a lot of others, definitely sell more watches than Earnshaw. ;)

Oh it's the IW birthday watch, which Shaun says, "the collectability of this watch COULD be massive in years to come". :ROFLMAO:

Seems to be the Colour of VE on the dial would make it highly collectible, it's IW's corporate colour as against VE's corporate colours.

Strangely to me the colour of VE on that watch looks very similar to the colour on one of the Bronze Energia watches.

Who the hell are buying these Ideal 21st birthday celebration watches, Shaun seems to think in years to come they will be worth a fortune :ROFLMAO:.

Having any reference to IW on a watch is going to have a negative effect on it's collectability in the future not make it more collectable.

It's probably got the same movement as the Earnshaw, Parnis is a Chinese brand, well know to watch folk, quality is good, every bit as good, if not better, than the Earnshaw. And unlike Earnshaw, Parnis isn't ashamed of where they are made or hide what's in their watches, the Parnis has the Sea-Gull 2542 movement. The only thing folks don't like about Parnis is they mainly do homage watches, which doesn't sit well with a lot of collectors, quite a few collectors don't like homage watches as their to close to being like fakes/replicas, but they are very popular with a lot of others, definitely sell more watches than Earnshaw. ;)
Parnis, Corgeot, Pagani Design, Cronos etc, loads of watches which I would put way ahead of anything IW flogs with a faux history.
I saw the hand fall off the other night and just shook my head, turned off. I was going to say I couldn't believe it, but then I probably could:ROFLMAO:
More birthday Vostoks again tonight, well it's something to watch:rolleyes:

Parnis, Corgeot, Pagani Design, Cronos etc, loads of watches which I would put way ahead of anything IW flogs with a faux history.
I saw the hand fall off the other night and just shook my head, turned off. I was going to say I couldn't believe it, but then I probably could:ROFLMAO:
More birthday Vostoks again tonight, well it's something to watch:rolleyes:

Yes and you could add Steeldive, San Martin, Reef Tiger and of course Sea-Gull.

I just watched the start and watching something else instead, in fact all this 21st birthday stuff is way over the top, a day of it you could understand, but a week of it, it's just one big turn off. That birthday VT must be played at least a 100 times a day, plus unbelievably the presenters and guests are even more obnoxious than usual. :sleep:

Kevski - "It is a game changer, It is a game changer, the very latest quartz chronograph movement from Seiko industries."

Peter presses the Chrono start button

Kevski - "nice smooth moving of the second chronograph, Do Not Do This On Any Watch At Home, Peter press the button, instant fly back. Don't do that on any other watch at home folks."

Oops, sorry Kevski I went and did it, but it's ok Kevski cause my Cheap Parnis daytona homage watch, i got a couple of years ago, has the VK63 in it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back