Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how many of the new customers they have acquired recently have then been scammed by Ideal passing on their details for that discount card that the advertise by the free 14 day trial and then not cancelling and scammed out of £100 straight out of their bank.
This issue crops up a lot on Trustpilot, people were offered a discount card, they didn't realise there was a cost and that they never signed up for it.

This issue crops up a lot on Trustpilot, people were offered a discount card, they didn't realise there was a cost and that they never signed up for it.
on Trustpilot it's supercard black and they rarely refund and even people have said Ideal sign them up even without sending details on how to cancel.
One way to avoid this is if you have an ideal account tick no contact from ideal or affiliates or pay by paypal as they don't have bank or card details.

As funny as it is to watch this numpty make an idiot of himself, seriously it's shocking that a con artist, that's spewing nothing but lies and misinformation is allowed to profit from his deceit on TV.
It's pretty obvious that neither OFCOM or ASA give a damn about the public, that they're supposed to be protecting, being deceived by a conman.

As funny as it is to watch this numpty make an idiot of himself, seriously it's shocking that a con artist, that's spewing nothing but lies and misinformation is allowed to profit from his deceit on TV.
It's pretty obvious that neither OFCOM or ASA give a damn about the public, that they're supposed to be protecting, being deceived by a conman.
I can't remember the specifics, however on a S&E show a few nights back I happened to hop on to the channel just as they were giving the 'background story' to the watch, where it took its design cues from etc. I mean this not against whoever they were referring to (the person in the back story), however I just sat there thinking 'what the heck does this have to do with the watch we're looking at?!?' It was a story about someone who'd climbed the world's 10 tallest mountains in 10 minutes and then dived to the bottom of the world's 10 deepest oceans and lakes in 5 minutes (ok it wasn't but you get the gist) and the guest from the (Field?) family went on to say along the lines of 'yes, and this was the inspiration behind the watch, in its design and build.'

Genuinely, there was NOTHING that would make you think of the person in the back story, or mountaineering, or diving, looking at the watch. Nothing. Zilch. It was just yet another generic looking watch.

Although I tend not to like products being linked to a back story (because it's often a tenuous link with little representation in the product itself) I don't mind if you think 'yeah, I suppose I can see that.' However in this case, no correlation whatsoever.

I can't remember the specifics, however on a S&E show a few nights back I happened to hop on to the channel just as they were giving the 'background story' to the watch, where it took its design cues from etc. I mean this not against whoever they were referring to (the person in the back story), however I just sat there thinking 'what the heck does this have to do with the watch we're looking at?!?' It was a story about someone who'd climbed the world's 10 tallest mountains in 10 minutes and then dived to the bottom of the world's 10 deepest oceans and lakes in 5 minutes (ok it wasn't but you get the gist) and the guest from the (Field?) family went on to say along the lines of 'yes, and this was the inspiration behind the watch, in its design and build.'

Genuinely, there was NOTHING that would make you think of the person in the back story, or mountaineering, or diving, looking at the watch. Nothing. Zilch. It was just yet another generic looking watch.

Although I tend not to like products being linked to a back story (because it's often a tenuous link with little representation in the product itself) I don't mind if you think 'yeah, I suppose I can see that.' However in this case, no correlation whatsoever.

The thing is, because the watches themselves having no stand out features, just basic generic Ali express type watches, they have to try hard to make them sound appealing or distinctive.

Now there are a quite few watches out there that have a story behind them, but it’s usually an actual story with a direct link to the watch in question, most obvious for most people would be Omega’s Speedmaster Moonwatch, original was worn by the Apollo 11 Astronauts, Bulova’s Lunar Pilot Moonwatch again was used by Dave Scott (Apollo 15) on the moon, or Gagarin’s watch, etc and as I say all these modern watches have a direct link to the story or are re-issues of watches from History.

The trouble with Swan & Edgar and a few other brands on IW, is there is they have no direct link to the past, whether that be the stories, history or heritage, it’s all a fabrication. Their main story overarching the brand is the Swan & Edgar store, survive 2 wars blah blah blah, but the Swan & Edgar watch brand, is only a few years old, they only registered the Swan & Edgar trademark they are using in 2017 and have no connection with the original store or company. Baby fields also claims to be a fourth generation watchmaker, that’s utter bullshit, Swan & Edgar don’t make watches, they are not watchmakers. They may get watches made for them, with their brand name on it, in some Chinese backstreet sweat shop & sell those watches, but that doesn’t make you a watchmaker or watchmaking brand, just listening to him spouting his nonsense for 5 minutes would convince anyone he knows very little about watches let alone be a watchmaker. ;):ROFLMAO:

And in a similar vein, the stories behind the individual watches are again all fabricated nonsense, the tenuous links that they have created to give some sort of validity to the watch being called after a certain person, event etc is not only stupid but mind boggling stupid. All they’ve really done is taken a Name and invented some ridiculous connections as to why that particular watch celebrates its name.

With some of the guests on IW, you could say well it’s only a bit of exaggeration or they are just ignorant, but with Baby Fields it’s out and out deceit, he’s a conman pure and simple, yeah he exaggerates, yeah he’s ignorant but more importantly he lies, oh and Miss precision is not far behind him.

Engage with Success

Since I was a young boy, it's been my #dream to understand what #life is all about. I was eager to #travel, engage with other cultures, be #rich, be #poor, be in #love, be #loved and enjoy total #freedom. People often laughed at my dreams and their #negativity would crush my #soul. I envisioned a life filled with #positivity, #creation, #success, and the freedom to dream my biggest dreams. Today, I've achieved many of my early #goals, but there are many more to go. I love working toward the fulfilment of my #bucket list, goal by goal, step by step, day by day, as I work in ernest to become the best version of myself. it's fair to say, I'm totally #addicted to bettering myself. How do you fill your days? #coach #motivation #personalbest #success #fulfilment #mindset https://www.engagewithsuccess.com

And I thought he was addicted to working 70 hours a week on shopping tv

Since when did they start selling books?

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/sport+-and-+leisure/lifestyle/books?sort=bestseller_rating

Look how many there are, lots of very random and rare academic books (and expensive)

But don't worry if you sort by bestseller you guessed it , the world-famous Paul Brodels hot air frying and more books so good he made two

I think they are trying to set themselves up of a TV equivalent of Amazon. I think I heard Rob Locke say they were hoping to be able to offer something like 250,000 products from their web site in the near future.
They'll be doing deals with a lot of retailers/wholesale folks offering their products on the IW web site and getting a percentage of each sale. No way will they be buying and keeping all the stuff on their web site in stock and sell/delivering direct to customers.

And again on the morning show but specific in the year 1945. :LOL:

His ignorance is astonishing, but hey that's what you get with a Private & Univeristy education, although having seen his father on TV then that's not surprising probably in the genes, and the fact nobody ever seems to be pointing out his errors to him, then one can only assume, ignorance must be pretty common at IW also. :eek::ROFLMAO:

I think they are trying to set themselves up of a TV equivalent of Amazon. I think I heard Rob Locke say they were hoping to be able to offer something like 250,000 products from their web site in the near future.
They'll be doing deals with a lot of retailers/wholesale folks offering their products on the IW web site and getting a percentage of each sale. No way will they be buying and keeping all the stuff on their web site in stock and sell/delivering direct to customers.
Best of luck with that project

Obviously concentrating on the website is wise as eventually, the channel will not be profitable (is it at the moment ?)

Hell of a job turning into a site that runs alongside a tv channel to a one-stop shop

Latest posts

Back