Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That Tourbillion really has really poor finishing, both to the case and the back of movement for a £3000 watch, really is showing off it's Chinese origins in all it's glory. ;)
Doesn't it just:D Also, if they're going to hire a presenter on the watch segment where all the "collectors" tune in, at least teach him how to work a clasp:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Just been on Ali looking at tourbillons, from 20 to 250 quid, all equally as "nice" as Earnshaw's

Doesn't it just:D Also, if they're going to hire a presenter on the watch segment where all the "collectors" tune in, at least teach him how to work a clasp:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Just been on Ali looking at tourbillons, from 20 to 250 quid, all equally as "nice" as Earnshaw's

His fumbling with the clasp was so funny, then just giving up when he couldn't open it up then just removed the strap from the clasp instead. :ROFLMAO:

That Tourbillion really has really poor finishing, both to the case and the back of movement for a £3000 watch, really is showing off it's Chinese origins in all it's glory. ;)
That's the special finish to capture micro particles of dust with in the case, same as Gamages/Swan and Edgar🤔 Well would be according to the Field's🤣😂
Yes that was poorly finished even by Chineese standards🤮

Bev - "Look at the pile of ironing we've got here, i would say that would take you probably 3, 4 hours probably to do that with a conventional Iron, so what if I told you I could do all that in half the time it would take me to do that with a normal conventional Iron?."

I would say you're ****** slow at Ironing, 3 to 4 hours for that pile, what, was you have a nap every half hour?

Bev - "Look at the pile of ironing we've got here, i would say that would take you probably 3, 4 hours probably to do that with a conventional Iron, so what if I told you I could do all that in half the time it would take me to do that with a normal conventional Iron?."

I would say you're ****** slow at Ironing, 3 to 4 hours for that pile, what, was you have a nap every half hour?
Hopped on for 2-3 mins, long enough given it's an ironing show coupled with Mike M presenting. I kid you not, I was a few secs into watching when he muttered one of his memorable selly telly phrases 'we're crazy busy guys!!' funny that, they're crazy busy 24/7 according to the presenters! At this rate, I imagine ALL the stuff that was on that stuck super-sized cargo ship was destined for IW ;) I reckon they must sell that much each week.

And of course, when comparing to traditional irons, they are suddenly the work of the devil ... except for the times when IW sell them :) :) and of course they have old, dirty irons on display to drive home how horrible and sh*t they are.

Ok I don't have masses of ironing to do, however in all the years I've used a traditional iron I've rarely had any probs. According to Mike you don't know when they're ready to use, you're constantly paranoid it's going to spit out discoloured water and you end up burning and ruining clothes cause you forget you have it turned up so high.

Aye, whatever Mike. Anyway, must dash, I'm crazy busy you know ...

Hopped on for 2-3 mins, long enough given it's an ironing show coupled with Mike M presenting. I kid you not, I was a few secs into watching when he muttered one of his memorable selly telly phrases 'we're crazy busy guys!!' funny that, they're crazy busy 24/7 according to the presenters! At this rate, I imagine ALL the stuff that was on that stuck super-sized cargo ship was destined for IW ;) I reckon they must sell that much each week.

And of course, when comparing to traditional irons, they are suddenly the work of the devil ... except for the times when IW sell them :) :) and of course they have old, dirty irons on display to drive home how horrible and sh*t they are.

Ok I don't have masses of ironing to do, however in all the years I've used a traditional iron I've rarely had any probs. According to Mike you don't know when they're ready to use, you're constantly paranoid it's going to spit out discoloured water and you end up burning and ruining clothes cause you forget you have it turned up so high.

Aye, whatever Mike. Anyway, must dash, I'm crazy busy you know ...

Very true, and like most appliances you need to look after them, and they will only last so long without proper care, eventually gaskets and seals will go leading to leaks and corrosion inside hence the brown liquid. Sally was saying how conventional Irons are throw away, but the reality is, things which cause problems for conventional irons ie corrosion, also cause the same problems with Steam generators, the Iron part of a steam generator isn’t that different from a conventional Iron, it is as susceptible to corrosion as a conventional Iron.

And the strange thing is this morning, sally says “this is what everybody should have in their home” followed a minute later by “you always say don’t bother looking at any other Iron it has to be a Steam Generator”, yet IW are selling 9 different models of conventional Irons as opposed to 10 steam generators on their web site.

So Sally, are you saying customers shouldn’t be buying any of those conventional Irons on the IW site?

You also have to laugh at Sally after reading a review from someone that went from an old Iron to a steam generator, “This is a mistake a lot of people make, they get a normal iron, and they think that because it puffs out steam that it’s a steam Iron and they’re not are they? We have to clear this up, because that lady could have just been using a normal iron thinking because it said steam on the side of the box, but it wasn’t a steam generator.”

Then Bev waffles on about how good the Polti Generators are because they have a boiler in them to produce more steam at higher temps, blah blah. Actually quite a lot of her demos talk was misleading and not all actually applicable to the Polti she was selling.

Which was all very misleading, firstly Sally’s little rant was a load of nonsense, steam irons do produce steam, not as much as a steam generator but they do. Secondly on Bev’s reply, actually not all Steam generators (including the Polti they are selling) have boilers in them, as they are more expensive, and they are the ones that produce the pressurised steam at higher temps, most steam generators are just basically normal Irons with and bigger external water tank so you can keep it on a higher steam/boost setting for longer before refilling.

The Polti they are selling doesn’t have a boiler, it’s steam boost output is only fractionally (212g/min as against 210g/min) more than my Russell Hobbs conventional Iron. As long as you keep your conventional Iron topped up, which only takes only seconds to do, use it correctly, look after it when not in use, then it’ll perform well.

Very true, and like most appliances you need to look after them, and they will only last so long without proper care, eventually gaskets and seals will go leading to leaks and corrosion inside hence the brown liquid. Sally was saying how conventional Irons are throw away, but the reality is, things which cause problems for conventional irons ie corrosion, also cause the same problems with Steam generators, the Iron part of a steam generator isn’t that different from a conventional Iron, it is as susceptible to corrosion as a conventional Iron.

And the strange thing is this morning, sally says “this is what everybody should have in their home” followed a minute later by “you always say don’t bother looking at any other Iron it has to be a Steam Generator”, yet IW are selling 9 different models of conventional Irons as opposed to 10 steam generators on their web site.

So Sally, are you saying customers shouldn’t be buying any of those conventional Irons on the IW site?

You also have to laugh at Sally after reading a review from someone that went from an old Iron to a steam generator, “This is a mistake a lot of people make, they get a normal iron, and they think that because it puffs out steam that it’s a steam Iron and they’re not are they? We have to clear this up, because that lady could have just been using a normal iron thinking because it said steam on the side of the box, but it wasn’t a steam generator.”

Then Bev waffles on about how good the Polti Generators are because they have a boiler in them to produce more steam at higher temps, blah blah. Actually quite a lot of her demos talk was misleading and not all actually applicable to the Polti she was selling.

Which was all very misleading, firstly Sally’s little rant was a load of nonsense, steam irons do produce steam, not as much as a steam generator but they do. Secondly on Bev’s reply, actually not all Steam generators (including the Polti they are selling) have boilers in them, as they are more expensive, and they are the ones that produce the pressurised steam at higher temps, most steam generators are just basically normal Irons with and bigger external water tank so you can keep it on a higher steam/boost setting for longer before refilling.

The Polti they are selling doesn’t have a boiler, it’s steam boost output is only fractionally (212g/min as against 210g/min) more than my Russell Hobbs conventional Iron. As long as you keep your conventional Iron topped up, which only takes only seconds to do, use it correctly, look after it when not in use, then it’ll perform well.
Good points. I'm in a soft water area and I get the fact those in hard water areas can have more issues with appliances, pipework etc. However there are things homeowners can do these days to mitigate hard water issues. And specifically on irons, you could keep softened water if your tap water was creating lots of issues.

Again I get why they do it (use old mucky stuff when doing comparisons) however it's insulting to anyone with half a brain. It reminds me of the times they used that old, dirty, broken looking sprung mattress when selling memory foam. Looked like it had been run over by a steam roller. And they had the cheek to say 'by the way, this is a good quality mattress!'

And yeah, their 'expert' advice whether from the main or guest presenter is often guff. Like the time Denniiisssseee explained that traditional radiators 'only sense the temperature immediately beside them' inferring the ceramic radiator they were selling could sense the temp from all over the room ... which it can't.

Yeah, whatever.

Good points. I'm in a soft water area and I get the fact those in hard water areas can have more issues with appliances, pipework etc. However there are things homeowners can do these days to mitigate hard water issues. And specifically on irons, you could keep softened water if your tap water was creating lots of issues.

Again I get why they do it (use old mucky stuff when doing comparisons) however it's insulting to anyone with half a brain. It reminds me of the times they used that old, dirty, broken looking sprung mattress when selling memory foam. Looked like it had been run over by a steam roller. And they had the cheek to say 'by the way, this is a good quality mattress!'

And yeah, their 'expert' advice whether from the main or guest presenter is often guff. Like the time Denniiisssseee explained that traditional radiators 'only sense the temperature immediately beside them' inferring the ceramic radiator they were selling could sense the temp from all over the room ... which it can't.

Yeah, whatever.

I remember that, but it wasn't just old it was also soft sprung mattress and they also had it on an old wooden frame with slats, cause on one occasion creepy slumped down on the end of the bed and the slats broke. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm in a soft water area, so no problems with limescale. But even if i were in a hard water area, like you say, there are ways to mitigate the issues caused by it.

The thing about their use of old cruddy appliances and the whole sales pitch of how conventional Irons end up with scale and rust problems, but apparently steam generator Irons won't is all misleading nonsense and it's pretty deceitful. The only thing it really proved is that Mason was showing old Irons that some folk had been to lazy to look after properly.

In my mind there are 3 main issues with irons and what can go wrong.

1.Limescale, which effects both types of Irons. There are ways for both to mitigate limescale. With steam generators being newer and bigger it's common for them to have inbuilt system to deal with lime-scaling, but some conventional Irons also have systems inbuilt, heck IW sell a Kleeneze conventional iron with self cleaning to prevent limescale. And if a conventional iron doesn't have inbuilt, there are methods to prevent lime scale build up.

2.Rust, which effects both types of Irons. Nothing that is constructed with metal parts, especially the metals used inside Irons, can ever be 100% guaranteed to not rust at some point. Unless Irons are made from 100% non corrosive materials (which they aren't) or you're stripping down an Iron every year and replacing every gasket, rubber seals, metal screws etc inside that Iron, then leaks and water will eventually lead to rust and Mason's dreaded discoloured water.

3.Broken wire, which effects both types of Irons. Think we've all had the cable trouble with cables at some point, where it kinks and bends where the cable enters the Iron, first the braided covering breaks down then it leads to a wire breaking, of course this doesn't happen as much as it used to in olden days, as they've improved cables and Irons and tried to make wear and tear at this point minimal.

Rob LockE on last night selling bedding with whoever the male bedding expert is. I do seem to have a knack of hopping on to these channels at just the right time (or wrong time depending how you look at it!) however 20 secs into my viewing and Rob didn't disappoint. Out of nowhere, he engineered an opportunity to start talking about his acting, America, the accents he can do, how he wants to be in the final series of Killing Eve etc etc.

'Look me up on IMDB' he said 'you'll see all my acting stuff on there. Acting's my proper job ...'

If I was IW management with hiring/sacking authority, he'd be out! He rambled on, leaving the guest expert sitting there holding a pillow looking like a right numpty!

Rob Locke is a proper actor the way Paul B is a life coach. And yes, I know he's done acting things before you say it ;)

So I take it Mason's prediction that the Pick of the day Iron wouldn't last and always sells out was just him spouting his usual load of :poop:, it's still there mike, just like your Vostok Europe watch was on many occasions during the 3 years you tried to buy it. ;):ROFLMAO:

BTW reading the Polti operating instructions for the steam generator was quite informative, it kinda contradicts the Queen of Steam on a lot of the stuff she was spouting. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Big kevs back - "look at the strap, the strap matches the colour of the dial, that isn't an easy thing to do."

Eh, it's a dark grey and black dial, really, how hard is it to match it with a black strap? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh it's the 3 years watch time, just back in stock. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And we have the completely false statement" only one company in the world does the back of their watch in PVD Rose Gold". :rolleyes:

Now we have the story of everybody asking Mike about his Mr grey Almaz when he was on holiday, wore it everyday in the pool, in the bar, in the pool, in the bar and so on and he kids you not, everyday someone asked him about it.

Couple of questions mike, how did the suede leather strap stand up to being in a pool?
In fact what kind of idiot would wear a suede leather strap in a pool?

Edit to say Ronzy beat me. :(:ROFLMAO:

Mason's on his holiday story again:rolleyes: never gets old :ROFLMAO: If he has 3 Vostoks, why does he never wear one on these shows? He must know he's presenting, but he only ever wears his Omega :unsure:

Must only wear his Vostok Europe watches on holidays by the sounds of it, which is weird considering he waited 3 years for one of them.

Why don't Sally or Gen go on the vibrapower?

Stand there saying how good it is but won't get near the things, Diane (I think) the new model is a normal-looking woman, not the fittest and she can do it.

All the other presenters for there faults at least get on it.

Latest posts

Back