Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rob LockE on last night selling bedding with whoever the male bedding expert is. I do seem to have a knack of hopping on to these channels at just the right time (or wrong time depending how you look at it!) however 20 secs into my viewing and Rob didn't disappoint. Out of nowhere, he engineered an opportunity to start talking about his acting, America, the accents he can do, how he wants to be in the final series of Killing Eve etc etc.

'Look me up on IMDB' he said 'you'll see all my acting stuff on there. Acting's my proper job ...'

If I was IW management with hiring/sacking authority, he'd be out! He rambled on, leaving the guest expert sitting there holding a pillow looking like a right numpty!

Rob Locke is a proper actor the way Paul B is a life coach. And yes, I know he's done acting things before you say it ;)
Well said.

Methinks Mr Locke has a bit of a complex with his shopping telly role, hence the regular-and tedious- "not my real job" disclaimer. Could it be that the management have him pegged as an eventual replacement for Peter Simon, when he is eventually put out to pasture? They may see some merit in maintaining a novelty act for the sake of continuity and attracting viewers who see him as a bit of a 'celebrity'-not that unlikely given the calibre of Ideal World presenters.

Locke (with an e)

belittles everybody he is on with, in this great pretence he is better than this

He isn't it is his level, nothing wrong with that there are thousands of out of work actors/presenters who would be quite happy earning a decent wage and doing live tv most days (ok its shopping tv but still)

The reality is the demand for a job on shopping tv will never have been higher, there was a good interview in a recent Sunday paper with a top actor who said loads of actors were struggling below the top level. A presenter/actor who probably like Locke thought they were better than this could well end up taking it at least whilst things are like they are

Oh Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, you really shouldn't show off the back of the CCCP Gorky watch, with the fantastic Slava movement in it. Think how many people you've just enlightened with showing that movement, bet there are were very few, if any, out there knew that Slava made the NH35a movement. ;)

As for you Bordell, it's amazing you can keep a straight face, while your claiming the Chinese made CCCP Gorky watch with a Japanese movement in it is full of Russian history and heritage. :rolleyes:

Oh Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, you really shouldn't show off the back of the CCCP Gorky watch, with the fantastic Slava movement in it. Think how many people you've just enlightened with showing that movement, bet there are were very few, if any, out there knew that Slava made the NH35a movement. ;)

As for you Bordell, it's amazing you can keep a straight face, while your claiming the Chinese made CCCP Gorky watch with a Japanese movement in it is full of Russian history and heritage. :rolleyes:
It almost makes me lol if it wasn't so tragic, they keep on referring to 'and this watch WILL be a talking point when you're out and about lads!' where are these tragic people that stand around discussing each others watches, almost like a top trumps game of who has the best watch.

The one they were showing when I hopped on last night (with bars across the face) would certainly be a talking point ... however not for the reasons the presenters like to suggest ;)

It almost makes me lol if it wasn't so tragic, they keep on referring to 'and this watch WILL be a talking point when you're out and about lads!' where are these tragic people that stand around discussing each others watches, almost like a top trumps game of who has the best watch.

The one they were showing when I hopped on last night (with bars across the face) would certainly be a talking point ... however not for the reasons the presenters like to suggest ;)

It’s a curious one, ok as someone that likes and collects watches, friends and family are aware of this, but we don’t have conversations about my watches every time i see them, maybe once in a blue moon someone might ask if I’ve added a new watch lately, but that’s about it. The only folks who would come into the category of regular discussion of watches, is with fellow collectors on a watch forum or here regarding IW watch shows.

The one that really baffles me, and the presenters/guests mention it a lot, is complete strangers coming up to them in a shop, a bar or on holidays asking them about their watch, where they got it from etc. It just doesn’t happen to me, but for some reason this seems to be a common and regular occurrence for the the presenters and guests on IW. :unsure:

I always laugh at their vacuum demos, they put so much studio dirt on the surface that when they pass over with the vacuum it looks like they've done a good job from a distance, except when they do a close up (which is usually very, very brief when you see there is still dirt, then they quickly pan back out to a distance) then you see that it's not really that clean, certainly not what would be acceptable in your home.

Another thing i find curious, we're told these cordless vacuums have as much suction/power as corded, yet i never see any hint of the carpet pieces/rugs being lifted by the suction of the vacuum. Now I know the bigger samples will be stuck on boards etc, but the smaller black door mat type samples aren't, if i go over rugs or anything that's not nailed down, it's lifted off the floor by my Henry vacuum, but nothing on IW seems to be effected by the suction of their vacuums in any way.

Oh and btw, despite the "queen of clean" claims that you can't with other vacuums, my Henry & my Chinese Onson cordless can both clean between slats on wooden bed frames, been doing that for years. ;)

The one that really baffles me, and the presenters/guests mention it a lot, is complete strangers coming up to them in a shop, a bar or on holidays asking them about their watch, where they got it from etc. It just doesn’t happen to me, but for some reason this seems to be a common and regular occurrence for the the presenters and guests on IW. :unsure:
I about 20 years of collecting and having an active interest in watches I have engaged a stranger in conversation about their watch maybe 4 or 5 times 🤔🤨 Three I remember being a Seiko "Orange Monster", a Seiko "Pogue" and a Omega "Fat Arrow"
I have been collared may be a couple of times. So no, probably don't really happen and the people wearing these kind of watches would, I would say, have an interest In watches anyway. 😉

Jess commenting on Bev's slat demo - "I mean just looking at that, if you got you're tradition corded vacuum, we know how heavy it is, we know how cumbersome it is, but you couldn't do those little jobs."

Yes you can you ****** liar, I do it/them all the time.

She must think the viewers have an IQ of 10 with zero brain cells or common sense.:rolleyes:

I about 20 years of collecting and having an active interest in watches I have engaged a stranger in conversation about their watch maybe 4 or 5 times 🤔🤨 Three I remember being a Seiko "Orange Monster", a Seiko "Pogue" and a Omega "Fat Arrow"
I have been collared may be a couple of times. So no, probably don't really happen and the people wearing these kind of watches would, I would say, have an interest In watches anyway. 😉

That's what I mean, it's rare, but Mason for example, when he's on holiday, as that must be the only time he wears his Vostok Europe watches, every Tom, Dick and Harry comes up and asks him about his watch everyday of his holiday. :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jess scaring folks on stock levels of the elife bikes - "knowing how much stock we have, there's going to be many unhappy people, and the fact that is on ITV tonight, yeah we know how busy ITV gets, as you can imagine we're around the whole of the UK, ok."

No it's not ok.

Geesh, just how ignorant are media folk, for Ideal World staff who read here, for the umpteenth time, ITV does not broadcast to the whole UK. ;)

Latest posts

Back