Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have not a clue what kind of watch you'd receive ordering from that site, never heard of them, but for £21.61 you certainly want be getting a watch that has the description or specifications listed on that site, probably some cheap fake watch.
The specifications and description on that web site is for the Jacobs & Co Oil Pump Automaton Tourbillon watch, and yeah the price is unbelievably low, retail for the Jacobs & Co is $380,000.

Thanks for the info

Ok just an update to that last post, don't think you'll even get a fake watch, think the web site is a scam.

Web site is powered by shoplazza.com, which is on trustpilot.

There demo is rubbish, even In the summer they don’t go outside, and in the studio they have so much space, try and fly it in Your normal living room, it would smash into everything. That you can only do this with the phone on this one or one worth £1000 is ****, a crappy one from Amazon does that, he says any other drone takes 20 minutes to set up Bollocks.

I got the best deal other week dad got a expensiveish one from Argos, I took his.

Peter is up close with a grubby face, saying buy it, how does this cretin get people buying stuff

Ok just an update to that last post, don't think you'll even get a fake watch, think the web site is a scam.

Web site is powered by shoplazza.com, which is on trustpilot.

That's a shame cause I was going to buy a sh1tload of them, branded 'Dallas' and pitch them to IW. My plan was to have each show start with the Dallas theme tune :( I even had my sales pitch ready for my first live show!

'Yes that's right Peter, I'm a 6 generation horticulturist. This particular watch harks back to the oil boom across the UK that happened in the 70s and 80s. Remember all the oil fields we used to see across hill and dale Peter? (Peter nods enthusiastically) And do you remember seeing all the pumpjacks? They were also referred to as nodding donkey's Peter, remember those?' (Peter nods enthusiastically) ...

;)

With all the watches they sell, you would think IW could employ a top watch expert, to cover the brands they sell

You would think so, but then that would cause a different problem for IW, if they bring in an unbiased expert guest with integrity and knowledge they’d have to give an honest and accurate assessment of the watches on sale, which would contradict IW sales pitch for 90% of the watches they sell, and their watch sales figures would plummet. Only Kevin Reynolds and Noddy’s (Swiss Military) brands would survive an honest appraisal without having an effect on sales, the rest especially Swan & Edgar, Resultco brands and Solar Time brands would take a big hit.

As I’ve said quite a few times, all the misinformation, lies and ignorance on watch shows (and a lot of other shows) can’t solely down to the Presenters & Guests, it’s a whole IW thing, guests, presenters, backroom staff, management etc, from top to bottom.

At the moment there are a couple of guest who do know about watches, but for some reason (probably the money, either directly from IW or from the brands their representing) are quite willing to play along with IW sales tactics, ie misinform, exaggerate and even lie.

So bringing in an unbiased watch expert is a pretty pointless exercise for IW.

You would think so, but then that would cause a different problem for IW, if they bring in an unbiased expert guest with integrity and knowledge they’d have to give an honest and accurate assessment of the watches on sale, which would contradict IW sales pitch for 90% of the watches they sell, and their watch sales figures would plummet. Only Kevin Reynolds and Noddy’s (Swiss Military) brands would survive an honest appraisal without having an effect on sales, the rest especially Swan & Edgar, Resultco brands and Solar Time brands would take a big hit.

As I’ve said quite a few times, all the misinformation, lies and ignorance on watch shows (and a lot of other shows) can’t solely down to the Presenters & Guests, it’s a whole IW thing, guests, presenters, backroom staff, management etc, from top to bottom.

At the moment there are a couple of guest who do know about watches, but for some reason (probably the money, either directly from IW or from the brands their representing) are quite willing to play along with IW sales tactics, ie misinform, exaggerate and even lie.

So bringing in an unbiased watch expert is a pretty pointless exercise for IW.
Never was this more true than watching some of Peter S mannerisms last night and the way he was singing the praises of Swan and Edgar watches. Putting aside how good or bad they actually are, the way he was going on you'd swear he had a tier 1 £5k+ watch in his hand. It's actually embarrassing to watch. If you like Swan and Edgar (or whatever brand) fine, each to their own. However, some of them look very cheap on camera, not sure what they'll be like in real life. Peter (and the others) talk as if you're getting something of real quality, real heritage. Not saying this isn't true for some of the brands IW sell, but with many of them, to say they oversell the product is an understatement.

Apparently they've been featured in Tatler magazine and celebs are queuing up to wear them. If this is all true then the over-hyped marketing is starting to pay off! Unless of course the 'celebs' are emmm, of the z list variety ;)

Never was this more true than watching some of Peter S mannerisms last night and the way he was singing the praises of Swan and Edgar watches. Putting aside how good or bad they actually are, the way he was going on you'd swear he had a tier 1 £5k+ watch in his hand. It's actually embarrassing to watch. If you like Swan and Edgar (or whatever brand) fine, each to their own. However, some of them look very cheap on camera, not sure what they'll be like in real life. Peter (and the others) talk as if you're getting something of real quality, real heritage. Not saying this isn't true for some of the brands IW sell, but with many of them, to say they oversell the product is an understatement.

Apparently they've been featured in Tatler magazine and celebs are queuing up to wear them. If this is all true then the over-hyped marketing is starting to pay off! Unless of course the 'celebs' are emmm, of the z list variety ;)

I actually turned it off, was getting fed up with him in his, I'm a funny guy mode, and his crude smutty innuendos, which funny is the last thing they were, embarrassing, cringe-worthy etc, but certainly not funny. To me a shopping channel, let alone a watch show, is not the place for his sleazy behaviour, the fact that he thought he was being funny and the crew around him could be heard laughing, just shows you what a pathetic bunch IW must employ. Why any watch brand would want him selling, or be associated with their watches is beyond me.

As for the watches, as you say each to their own and it's the customers choice, their money, and at the end of the day they get a watch. But an honest view on them, unless you really, really like them and only want a watch to wear to tell the time, then stay well, well clear of them, they're just inexpensive lower quality Chinese watches with big mark ups. There are better quality watches out there around their price or even lower, hundreds of better quality Chinese watches on Ali, or online like Seiko, Casio, Citizen, Orient & some fashion brands. If you do buy one, then wait till they're at their lowest price on IW or look for them cheaper on ebay, never ever pay over the IW price, in fact I would advise folk to wait and try finding them on ebay when the price falls to sub £50, anything above that is a rip off IMO.

As you can tell, I absolutely detest the brand, their sales tactics and how they operate, normally I don't like seeing folk lose their jobs, but that lot i would gladly cheer them on their way to their local Job center. :)

Tatler was probably an advert they paid for, and the celebs, probably those that didn't even make the z list.;) :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back