Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Morley says, only 90 in the world, if he bought it he wouldn't wear it, as it can only appreciate. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think so Neil, if the brand was still in Switzerland and watches were still made there, then they may be worth keeping, but now it's basically a Belgium brand, made in China, then no reason to keep it in a box just wear the thing.

Morley says, only 90 in the world, if he bought it he wouldn't wear it, as it can only appreciate. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think so Neil, if the brand was still in Switzerland and watches were still made there, then they may be worth keeping, but now it's basically a Belgium brand, made in China, then no reason to keep it in a box just wear the thing.
Isn't saying it can only appreciate ( which I heard him say ) offering investment advice , which I believe they are not allowed to do ????
The last great appreciating item was the Justice League watch set - 'imagine what this might be worth in a few years' said Meltdown Mike.
The set was on eBay recently ,mint and opened and failing to sell at a fraction of the Ideal World price.

Switched on this morning and it's Zhuzh, thought great Idea, now if only i had bought that from Ideal World before, i could been sitting in the back garden today and lapping up the rays. 😎

Then I looked outside and thought maybe not. 🤣

IMG_20210407_055958-crop2.jpg

I caught some of the Gamages watch show on TJC yesterday with the older (Field?) guy and a TJC presenter. Was very much like an IW watch show, the presenter fawning over the watches like they were literally thee best watches in the world, pretending to be angry with the Fields guy for not bringing more stock, the Fields guy saying he couldn't as he had to honor pre-orders. Apparently the pre-order buyers had paid full whack Gamages website prices.

Then we got all the usual stuff off the presenter e.g. hand assembled, 'this looks like a £4k-£5k watch on the wrist' blah blah blah.

YOU'RE SELLING WATCHES FOR £99 - £199 AND THROWING IN A FREE PEN SUPPOSEDLY WORTH £70 FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

I watched the first 15 mins of last nights Rodania watches then turned off, just another generic named Chinese watch (nothing wrong with quite a lot of Chinese made watches)
These type, along with most of the other brands IW flogs, reminds me of those watches you see at the back of free home ware catalogues that come through the post, or on the back pages of telly books, JML etc, you know, buy something and get a free watch worth pounds:rolleyes::D That's about where the IW watches belong and about what they're worth:ROFLMAO:

I watched the first 15 mins of last nights Rodania watches then turned off, just another generic named Chinese watch (nothing wrong with quite a lot of Chinese made watches)
These type, along with most of the other brands IW flogs, reminds me of those watches you see at the back of free home ware catalogues that come through the post, or on the back pages of telly books, JML etc, you know, buy something and get a free watch worth pounds:rolleyes::D That's about where the IW watches belong and about what they're worth:ROFLMAO:
If you search 'watches' on sites like Alibaba you see 100's that, on the surface, look every bit as good as some of those sold on IW, and the wholesale prices are LOW! If you found a supplier that was trustworthy, I suppose you could negotiate to have a cheap (but more reputable) movement installed in the watches, then slap your 'brand' name on and away you go!

Oh yeah, and the TJC presenter with 3 watches draped over his hand, with them banging into each other and the desk! Yeah, you're REALLY treating these watches as if they're worth thousands ;)
Just as well they have that tough IP plating over their cheap base metal cases lol🤪
Absolutely unbelievable, the way he comes out with all that rubbish he spouts about the watches/brand. 🤔😬

Oh yeah, and the TJC presenter with 3 watches draped over his hand, with them banging into each other and the desk! Yeah, you're REALLY treating these watches as if they're worth thousands ;)

I lways hate it when they do that, Shaun is really bad for that, even cheap watches don't deserve to be treated like that. OK there are watches where you can handle them like that and it wouldn't harm them in the slightest, but most of the watches on IW have polished cases which are easily scratched, especially if a crown from another watch is rubbing up against. Just looks so unprofessional.

I caught some of the Gamages watch show on TJC yesterday with the older (Field?) guy and a TJC presenter. Was very much like an IW watch show, the presenter fawning over the watches like they were literally thee best watches in the world, pretending to be angry with the Fields guy for not bringing more stock, the Fields guy saying he couldn't as he had to honor pre-orders. Apparently the pre-order buyers had paid full whack Gamages website prices.

Then we got all the usual stuff off the presenter e.g. hand assembled, 'this looks like a £4k-£5k watch on the wrist' blah blah blah.

YOU'RE SELLING WATCHES FOR £99 - £199 AND THROWING IN A FREE PEN SUPPOSEDLY WORTH £70 FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

Anybody ordering and paying the Gamages web site prices needs their head examined as well as their wallet/purse confiscated, they obviously can't be trusted with money. ;)

Just caught some of Rob on the repeat showing of the Vibrapower show. Ignoring the fact he's sat on his arse again with just his feet on a vibrating plate (there's a 19 stone weight limit on them after all). He's just basically said that this model isn't the best looking, or best performing but it was the cheapest and you get what you pay for! The more he tried to dig himself out of speaking first without engaging his brain, he ended up saying the other Vibrapower models are much more expensive so just buy this one.
This is the difference between how a true professional presenter knows not to get themself in a tongue tied mess in the first place, whereas the bargain basement Alan Partridge wannabe's that IW take on spout shite without thinking, annoying the viewer (potential customer) into switching off.

My husband has, in the last 17 months, brought 4 automatic watches from Amazon. 3 of these have been returned as faulty. 2 of them had hands fall off and the other lost time dramatically. The only one that is any good is the Forsining. He wants to buy another but I thought that I would ask for any advice from you knowledgeable souls as to his best bet. So far we only know not to buy from IW! 😄 Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

My husband has, in the last 17 months, brought 4 automatic watches from Amazon. 3 of these have been returned as faulty. 2 of them had hands fall off and the other lost time dramatically. The only one that is any good is the Forsining. He wants to buy another but I thought that I would ask for any advice from you knowledgeable souls as to his best bet. So far we only know not to buy from IW! 😄 Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

What kinda of budget does he have to work with?
Is he starting a collection (small or big) or just after an everyday watch to wear?

If it around the price range of Forsining watches, then you could start looking at Ali Express and get the watches straight from China, will be cheaper than buying them through Amazon, delivery takes a bit longer though.
This is a link to men's automatics.

If he's starting a watch collection then, would suggest looking at more establish watchmaking brands like Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio etc, but that will depend on his budget.

But if you can give us a rough idea of budget and if collecting or not that would be a help to start from. :)

What kinda of budget does he have to work with?
Is he starting a collection (small or big) or just after an everyday watch to wear?

If it around the price range of Forsining watches, then you could start looking at Ali Express and get the watches straight from China, will be cheaper than buying them through Amazon, delivery takes a bit longer though.
This is a link to men's automatics.

If he's starting a watch collection then, would suggest looking at more establish watchmaking brands like Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio etc, but that will depend on his budget.

But if you can give us a rough idea of budget and if collecting or not that would be a help to start from. :)
Thank you for your help. At the moment I think that he is looking to start a modest collection. I am not sure if he has a budget in mind, probably depends on if he really cannot live without it 🤨 He does have a Casio actually now you mention it and is very pleased with it. Thanks again and I will pass on the information.

Thank you for your help. At the moment I think that he is looking to start a modest collection. I am not sure if he has a budget in mind, probably depends on if he really cannot live without it 🤨 He does have a Casio actually now you mention it and is very pleased with it. Thanks again and I will pass on the information.

no problem.

Tell him to have a look at this youtube channel, Jody does a lot of reviews for affordable watches, especially from Ali express, he might see something on there he likes.

Hopped on to IW last night, Mike doing a plant/flower show.

'Guys, I have to tell you, the roses, the ferns, the strawberries, the potato planters, the compost, the lawnmower, the meadow seeds, ALL flying out guys ... CRAZY busy!'

Yawn .. aye ok Mike, we believe you ...

Latest posts

Back