Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter S on a watch show the other night ...

'These are gonna go, buy now, I'm tellin' ya, check out now! We don't know when we'll get any of these back in!!!'

I'm sure he was saying the same thing, about the SAME watches, 48 hours earlier!!! :) ;) :)

Anyone would be forgiven for thinking they just open their mouths and spout guff regardless of what's actually happening. A bit like the guy on Bid sitting confidently and saying with a faux sincere voice 'there have been rumours of our demise, let me assure you, we're not going anywhere ...' A few days later the channel closed ;)

Bev, the Queen of dirt – “I would like someone to tell me, why do they make houses with 13 stairs, but they NEVER make a corded vacuum with a cord long enough to reach up to those 13 Stairs? Also with a landing you can’t get up to there, but with a corded vacuum you struggle, that’s why you need a cordless.”

I thought she was an expert on vacuum cleaners, she does remember the Henry has a reach of 27 meters. I can reach from the furthest socket from my front door, in the living room, through a hallway, down a couple of steps, round a landing down 13 steps to the front door and have enough cable left to go reach the way back, or in Bev’s money could reach up a flight of at least 80 steps/stairs.

Btw this is a repeat this morning featuring a vacuum which we are continually being told that it will sell out this show, obviously didn’t as still available to buy in the repeat.

PS

Is Bev in permanent mourning or something, it's just that her trousers are always at half mast? :unsure:

Peter S on a watch show the other night ...

'These are gonna go, buy now, I'm tellin' ya, check out now! We don't know when we'll get any of these back in!!!'

I'm sure he was saying the same thing, about the SAME watches, 48 hours earlier!!! :) ;) :)

Anyone would be forgiven for thinking they just open their mouths and spout guff regardless of what's actually happening. A bit like the guy on Bid sitting confidently and saying with a faux sincere voice 'there have been rumours of our demise, let me assure you, we're not going anywhere ...' A few days later the channel closed ;)

Jim Clawley was suffering from that affliction last night, called verbal diarrhea -"Well Duxot is a Swiss brand originally, it was like an artisan Swiss brand which originated in the 1970s, so it's got like like a real almost secretive history about the brand, but it's a real fashion, em like a watch followers kinda brand."

Yeah right, nothing secretive at all, was originally Swiss, went out of business years ago, in 2018 Solar Time (Hong Kong) registered the Duxot trademark. None of what you spouted is relevant to the New Brand.

Is- should be was
originated in the 1970s - Crap
Secretive history - Only secret is your failure to mention the words China, Chinese, Hong Kong when referring to the new brand and watches.

As a mark of respect after the passing of Prince Philip, a number of channels including QVC and the jewellery channels have gone off the air. IW have decided that their fashion blockbuster show is more important with Creepy Crawley grinning and laughing his way through. I'm surprised he's not pushing the black leggings more "for this sad time of national mourning".

Im not the biggest Royalist, but if any of you regulars are on here, I’m Sorry

I actually can't stand the royals and think we should get rid of the lot of them. However, I understand that a lot of the country would be in a state of mourning and IW should respect that instead of putting profits first. Personally I'm more pissed off with Pointless and Would I Lie To You being taken off air tonight, so if I have to suffer Selly Telly should as well 😂

I don't really get the need for shopping channels to come off the air

A message along the bottom fine I doubt anybody closely connected to Phillip would have ever heard of any of the channels

QVC , TJC and Gems staying off-air with a message is just playing to the crowd none of the other non-original 4 channels are off the air are they being disrespectful as well?

all in my opinion

I agree, just like l see BBC1, BBC2 and ITV are showing news specials and programmes on Prince Philip all evening.
Imho a 1 or 2hour programme dedicated to him would suffice.

I agree, just like l see BBC1, BBC2 and ITV are showing news specials and programmes on Prince Philip all evening.
Imho a 1 or 2hour programme dedicated to him would suffice.
I agree. I was shocked but not surprised when I saw Prince Philip had died and I really feel for the Queen. I also think a couple of hours short notice programmes after the announcement would be appropriate and then other planned programmes for those that want to watch.

I think IW might have shown a wee bit of respect and took their shows off air for an hour. The website is there if anyone wanted to buy something.

CC

Not sure what to make of this, a light set on AW.

MR ALAN ENNIS

5 stars: Excellent

Awesome lights , very happy with them. Cheers ideal world.
Collected via Trustpilot

Lol nice review Alan suppose nothing wrong with freelancers reviewing as long as they have paid the same price as other customers

Meanwhile, we have Ayley Green who is close to the worst you can get on any channels squalling "its like a sellout Saturday"

What does that mean? You lie about stock selling out and then it doesn't ok makes sense now

Peter - "Swan & Edgar's reputation has grown vastly in the last 4 or 5 years."

That's some going, considering they didn't exist 3 years ago. ;):D

Will be a boring show, Mr Zeppelin is missing.
Has the other guy been brought in to give the brand a bit more gravitas? Judging by his facial expressions, I'm not sure if he thinks Peter S is an amazing presenter or ...

Peter - "Swan & Edgar's reputation has grown vastly in the last 4 or 5 years."

That's some going, considering they didn't exist 3 years ago. ;):D

Will be a boring show, Mr Zeppelin is missing.

That's similar patter to what Shona was saying earlier about the Emma mattress. Saying how we could be forgiven for thinking Emma had been giving us quality mattresses for decades because their name is "synonymous with luxury". They only started in 2017 and nobody I've asked has ever heard of them. Mainly because unlike me, they've got interesting lives and aren't sat shouting at shopping telly all day 😂

That's similar patter to what Shona was saying earlier about the Emma mattress. Saying how we could be forgiven for thinking Emma had been giving us quality mattresses for decades because their name is "synonymous with luxury". They only started in 2017 and nobody I've asked has ever heard of them. Mainly because unlike me, they've got interesting lives and aren't sat shouting at shopping telly all day 😂
They know very well what they're doing dropping statements like this in.

Talking about the mattresses, once covid is sufficiently over and they've all been jabbed, this is what I want to see. One presenter lying at one side of the mattress as if soundly asleep. The other presenter lying at the other side, tossing and turning (not gently, realistically) so we can see first hand how motionless the other person remains. Oh and do it on a bare uncovered mattress that isn't masked with covers.

It's all very well doing the demos on a small section of the pocket springs, get real people on a full size mattress and start moving around as people do in real life, then I might believe you ;)

Latest posts

Back