Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Genuine question as I am totally naive to this subject so please accept my naive apologies.

Saint Peter of Simon is on at the moment on the Royal Collectables hour and specifically he is selling "The recored reign book set for £295" (Limited edition of 1000) now onto my question about these books, why and what makes them worth £295??? (Saint Peters just told us to get them on the household insurance)

Are they full of info the public dont know of? Are the pictures inside only in these books? Is it because the size of these books? Is it the wording? Is it because they are a limited edition? Is it the material they are constructed with?

Once again sorry if anyone is offended by this genuine question/enquiry.

Oh PS: On the official Record Reign website it says a £25 donation from these books will goto The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, When Saint Peter said to his assistant a donation goes to the above mentioned trust, well lets just say the assistant did agree a "fee" goes toward the trust but didnt mention a figure, maybe she didnt know the correct figure or maybe the figure isnt £25 from the IW sales? but as said the assistant was very vague on the matter.........................

Last edited:
Please enjoy that well know Royalist, Dirty Peter, and his version of being reverential.

If you thought his Kinkade presentations were toe curling this is downright excruciating.

Just look at him. He is quite, quite dreadful and so is Ideal World, just look at the set :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11175

This puts me in mind of a funeral parlour viewing room. I know they do wills, and the presenters have no compunction in invoking their dearly departed to clinch a sale... but it is bizarrely consistent with the funereal music they have burbling along in the background.

I have this on now! It's just freaky!

We know this channel is now beyond low rent but when it considers Peter Simon to be an appropriate host for such a programme we know that it has given up even pretending to be a serious shopping channel.

Ideal World, RIP, it has the name of a channel we once knew but this isn't Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

"the life and times, change from gas to lectricity, her majesty"

If you are into this sort of thing some of the books look ok but £350 jesus wept

We know this channel is now beyond low rent but when it considers Peter Simon to be an appropriate host for such a programme we know that it has given up even pretending to be a serious shopping channel.

Ideal World, RIP, it has the name of a channel we once knew but this isn't Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

Is Bid.tv mark2

"what an afternoon its been on ideal whurld, from queen victoria to the oldest watch makers in the whurld. One of my all time watchmakers STHURLING originals"

Oh good it is the snobby Caroline she looks delighted for Peter to kiss her ....

I cant watch her talking down to me for an hour , Peter Simon is bad but you do get the occasional "magic" moment. Not sure what her redeeming features are,

Have a good evening all

S C O, I've just posted a separate thread about this, and I'm still in shock. I don't think anyone would be offended by your post, nor by my thread, because what I saw was pretty disgraceful and misleading, and needs to be commented on. I've itemised on my thread just some of the points I spotted. Well, you could ask about putting them on your household insurance, but be prepared for them to wet themselves laughing....in fact, my OH (who worked in insurance) has just picked himself up off the floor, and is wiping the tears of laughter from his eyes, saying "is this bloke for real?". OH also picked up on the question of the "donation". We kept waiting for the guest presenter to say a figure, but there was a very strange reticence to name an actual amount. Hmmm.... In my opinion, this presentation was dreadful and extremely misleading.

QUOTE S C O ;844028]Genuine question as I am totally naive to this subject so please accept my naive apologies.

Saint Peter of Simon is on at the moment on the Royal Collectables hour and specifically he is selling "The recored reign book set for £295" (Limited edition of 1000) now onto my question about these books, why and what makes them worth £295??? (Saint Peters just told us to get them on the household insurance)

Are they full of info the public dont know of? Are the pictures inside only in these books? Is it because the size of these books? Is it the wording? Is it because they are a limited edition? Is it the material they are constructed with?

Once again sorry if anyone is offended by this genuine question/enquiry.

Oh PS: On the official Record Reign website it says a £25 donation from these books will goto The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, When Saint Peter said to his assistant a donation goes to the above mentioned trust, well lets just say the assistant did agree a "fee" goes toward the trust but didnt mention a figure, maybe she didnt know the correct figure or maybe the figure isnt £25 from the IW sales? but as said the assistant was very vague on the matter.........................[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Look at the size of some of these watches:sweat: I would imagine it must feel like you have a breeze block strapped to the wrist with the size and weight!! They're HUGE:wonder:

The body would be bowing to the one side when you have one of them on, how strange!!!!

Last edited:
Look at the size of some of these watches:sweat: I would imagine it must feel like you have a breeze block strapped to the wrist with the size and weight!! They are HUGE:wonder:

The body would be bowing to the one side when you have one of them on, how strange!!!![/QUOTE

It'll just look like a normal size one on Big Brodel. :mysmilie_17:

Roll up roll up as according to Saint Peter of Simon LOADS of blokes are wearing pocket watches these days......................

Ok I will put my neck on the line here, I must have missed all the blokes out and about with the pocket watches:sweat:

I have too much time on my hands...

I've just started making a few anagrams from the words Ideal, Bid and World... see what you think!

billow dead dior
bear wild dildo
raid d lewd boil
add wide brillo
wild oiled bard
beard low lid id

Rather a lot of these bring one presenter in particular to mind...:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_11:

I have too much time on my hands...

I've just started making a few anagrams from the words Ideal, Bid and World... see what you think!

Rather a lot of these bring one presenter in particular to mind...:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_11:

Hayley?

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back