Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Create & Craft, should be rebranded as '99% Card Making Channel' ;)
I've watched some of Create & Craft recently especially during lockdown, and although it's a definite improvement over Ideal World for most of the time, I recently heard a presenter (don't know their name) say something that's arguably much worse than Ideal World's idiot selling, namely that if you buy an item that qualifies for, say, four flexi payments then why not stock up on extra paper, card, pens, paints, etc., for future projects. Openly encouraging crafters to potentially rack up huge debts for items they may think they will need in the future but never use, whereas at least with Ideal World you can (usually) quickly return your one or two unwanted impulse purchases for a refund.

I've watched some of Create & Craft recently especially during lockdown, and although it's a definite improvement over Ideal World for most of the time, I recently heard a presenter (don't know their name) say something that's arguably much worse than Ideal World's idiot selling, namely that if you buy an item that qualifies for, say, four flexi payments then why not stock up on extra paper, card, pens, paints, etc., for future projects. Openly encouraging crafters to potentially rack up huge debts for items they may think they will need in the future but never use, whereas at least with Ideal World you can (usually) quickly return your one or two unwanted impulse purchases for a refund.
And it’s often presenters like Loen and Andy Love who have been with the company for years. They will ask the gallery to go onto the website to try and find a cheap item, so called accidently left on Flexis often something like a pokey tool, which sells for £4 If that, and maybe be on 4 Flexis, to let viewers know to stock up on essentials, and spilt the Amount

Was just thinking yesterday, with all the watches that IW sells, what watches do we see presenters/guests wearing on a regular basis, I’m not speaking about what they might put on their wrist, for promotional purposes, for a particular watch show, but everyday wear.

This is just few, presenters watch wear, off the top of my head.

Shona – Cartier

Peter Simon – Rolex

Mike “everybody asks about my Vostok” Mason – Omega

Peter V – Rolex

Sean C – Longines Hydroconquest (and I think a Rolex as well but need to see a close up better)

Simon Iles – Rolex (he’s got a really nice Yacht Master II)

David Fabro – Rolex

My names Shaun BTW, who says he has a collection of watches – never see him wearing one of his own watches, but on a few occasions when a watch show is on later that day, he will be wearing one that will be featuring later, sometimes the wrong way round (upside down for the wearer) so that it shows up better on the camera.

The only one you see wearing an IW watch on a regular basis is Alan Ennis, he likes to plug the Vostok Europe watches every chance he get.

So why do we never see anyone, apart from Ennis, wearing one of those super, super luxury, future heirloom, high precision, made from top quality material, comparable with the top Swiss brands, with illustrious history and heritage watches?

Just seems so strange, with them selling so many high end luxury watches at rock bottom bargain prices, that you never see them wearing one.:confused:

Was just thinking yesterday, with all the watches that IW sells, what watches do we see presenters/guests wearing on a regular basis, I’m not speaking about what they might put on their wrist, for promotional purposes, for a particular watch show, but everyday wear.

This is just few, presenters watch wear, off the top of my head.

Shona – Cartier

Peter Simon – Rolex

Mike “everybody asks about my Vostok” Mason – Omega

Peter V – Rolex

Sean C – Longines Hydroconquest (and I think a Rolex as well but need to see a close up better)

Simon Iles – Rolex (he’s got a really nice Yacht Master II)

David Fabro – Rolex

My names Shaun BTW, who says he has a collection of watches – never see him wearing one of his own watches, but on a few occasions when a watch show is on later that day, he will be wearing one that will be featuring later, sometimes the wrong way round (upside down for the wearer) so that it shows up better on the camera.

The only one you see wearing an IW watch on a regular basis is Alan Ennis, he likes to plug the Vostok Europe watches every chance he get.

So why do we never see anyone, apart from Ennis, wearing one of those super, super luxury, future heirloom, high precision, made from top quality material, comparable with the top Swiss brands, with illustrious history and heritage watches?

Just seems so strange, with them selling so many high end luxury watches at rock bottom bargain prices, that you never see them wearing one.:confused:
Yeah, I'm not saying they're loaded but I think we'd be quite surprised re how good the selly telly gig is for these folk. So if they're doing a fair few live shows, they'll be on decent money. Decent enough to buy genuinely good watches ;)

What's the saying, do as I say not as I do

;)

Yeah, I'm not saying they're loaded but I think we'd be quite surprised re how good the selly telly gig is for these folk. So if they're doing a fair few live shows, they'll be on decent money. Decent enough to buy genuinely good watches ;)

;)

It must be decent, just think of the amount of stuff they claim to have bought from IW for themselves and friends, they're always buying stuff. ;)

Jess must be the poorest, she wears one of those fitness/smart watches like the £16 relex smart watch they sell.

;)
A few years ago Bid TV were advertising a presenter job with a quoted yearly salary of around £17k, and salaries haven't exactly skyrocketed since then, though Ideal World could be exclusively paying freelance presenters on a per-shift basis. Oh, and they're probably paying Peter Simon at least £30k to mess up the phone number every hour.

And knowing the presenters, most of them are the sort who would buy a Rolex just to impress people even if they aren't exactly that wealthy. All flash, no cash.

A few years ago Bid TV were advertising a presenter job with a quoted yearly salary of around £17k, and salaries haven't exactly skyrocketed since then, though Ideal World could be exclusively paying freelance presenters on a per-shift basis. Oh, and they're probably paying Peter Simon at least £30k to mess up the phone number every hour.

And knowing the presenters, most of them are the sort who would buy a Rolex just to impress people even if they aren't exactly that wealthy. All flash, no cash.
Perhaps they are all fakes. There was a fake Rolex reviewed on YT next to a genuine one, and even the expert found it very difficult to tell which was which.

Tbh I reckon they'll be on a fair bit more than that. Yeah I reckon it'll be on a freelance per shift basis they're paid.

Masarati now, always sells out says Mike.

Ok we'll see in 90 minutes if that's true or not.

Well they had 15 models on the show last night and those 15 models are still for sale this morning, in fact there are 22 models for sale on the IW web site, one can only assume those extra 7 models are left overs from previous two "always sells out" shows. ;):ROFLMAO:

Oh here we go, Miss Precision.

Style you'll see on Swiss watches, high precision, high quality movement movement blah blah blah.

£350 RRP. :eek::ROFLMAO:

They're having a laugh, £350 RRP, they really are treating their viewers as morons, ****** con artists and liars.

It's these are the cheapest of the cheap Chinese watches, alloy case and a £5 Miyota. :ROFLMAO:

Oh here we go, Miss Precision.

Style you'll see on Swiss watches, high precision, high quality movement movement blah blah blah.

£350 RRP. :eek::ROFLMAO:

They're having a laugh, £350 RRP, they really are treating their viewers as morons, ****** con artists and liars.

It's these are the cheapest of the cheap Chinese watches, alloy case and a £5 Miyota. :ROFLMAO:
Yep, they're obviously not operating as a commercial company aiming to return a profit, I see them more as a charitable organisation, the Ideal World Charity.

Why?

Cause they're constantly practically giving watches away for a FRACTION of what they should be selling for. I'm going to suggest them for the Nobel prize for charitable services to the nation. And the presenters should be saints for all the genuine, impartial advice they give.

Mike M selling the eBikes earlier.

Emmm guys, I hate to do this to you, but these are gonna go, so please check out to make sure you don't miss out!

Eh?!?!?!?

These flippin' bikes have been on sale for a week or so now, or am I wrong? So I think it's pretty safe to assume things aren't in MELTDOWN where this product is concerned ;)

Latest posts

Back