Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike ignoring Kev and changing the subject when he brings up folk wrongly stating watches are Swiss when they are not, as some folks do, even folks that have been sitting here. :eek:

That's Kev having a go at fellow pretendy watch experts on IW. :ROFLMAO:
Yep heard that, amusing 🤭 bet they'll be having a word with him!😉
Highlights the problem of selling utter **** along with some half decent watches but always claiming they're all of excellent quality and value etc. when we know they're not. 🤫

Oh here we go again, farce time again, wrong price, £299.99 + £3.99 p & p, book price is £700, Kev in shock.

£700 really? Then why can you buy it from your son's site for £319.
Selly telly operate on the assumption viewers have zero attention span and/or are thick.

Imagine if, in a year of watch shows, they stated maybe two or three times max 'is that price right?' a viewer might conclude they maybe had made a genuine pricing mistake, due to it happening so infrequently.

However, as you've touched on, with almost EVERY watch they sell they insist it should be selling for 2, 3, 4, 5 times the price. Whilst that doesn't indicate a pricing mistake, it treats viewers like idiots, if anyone thinks these products are selling for those RRPs they need to take a long hard look at themselves ;)

As for the frequency with which they use 'is that price right?' again, they are treating viewers as idiots. If the people behind the scenes are mis-pricing that often, they're evidently incompetent and need sacked!

Or ... could it be they're selling all these watches at a reasonable price and very rarely, if ever, are they mis-priced? Just a suggestion ;)

The year's 2024.

They're selling a make/model of eBike they started selling in 2021, however they can't shift all the stock.

Guaranteed from 2021 to 2024, in every show where they were trying to flog the remaining stock, they'd still slip in 'check out now guys cause the stock ain't gonna last!'

:) :) :)

They're in selly telly misleading and denial mode all the time. Imagine if I owned a theatre and I was constantly saying to the media 'people need to grab tickets to the shows in my theatre QUICK cause they always sell out within a day or so!' but in reality the shows never sell out, sometimes nowhere near. Is it innocent salesmanship, or is it misleading the public? You decide.

Richard Dire on with the bloddy drone, what they werent expecting back, We’ve got all the stock Hayley says, the Big Toy shop havent got any, Doesnt he work for said Toy Shop. wonder how they feel, when they are told there isnt any, but then realise some Tin Pot Shopping channel has the stock.

They are also banging on about that ITV show, which was months back. Hayley is there in fake laughter ooh this is great Richard, no its not

The year's 2024.

They're selling a make/model of eBike they started selling in 2021, however they can't shift all the stock.

Guaranteed from 2021 to 2024, in every show where they were trying to flog the remaining stock, they'd still slip in 'check out now guys cause the stock ain't gonna last!'
And they will STILL be using the 'testimonial' from Megan saying how wonderful the eLife bikes are, how many they've bought and how they favourably compare to other bikes costing £2000+, etc., etc., etc.

:LOL:

And they will STILL be using the 'testimonial' from Megan saying how wonderful the eLife bikes are, how many they've bought and how they favourably compare to other bikes costing £2000+, etc., etc., etc.

:LOL:
Good old Megan, I'm sure they used that so called testimonial for all the previous elife models too.

Was watching TJC the other day with my favourite Andy Hodgson and Chris St V. Whilst having a right good laugh and showing an airfryer for £119.99, they sold almost 300. I wonder how that equates to IW sales? Plus, when interest fades after a while, they wisely move on.
IW are yet again very slimy when it comes to numbers. I've noticed this interaction from one or two of them recently ...

Presenter: What's that Emma? We've got how many left?!?
Emma: (we don't hear Emma, however we can only assume a number is being communicated to the presenter.)
Presenter: Oh, you're kidding! Right folks, not meaning to pressure you, but can I suggest you get a wriggle on!'

Now, Emma (if indeed there's been any sort of communication in the first place), might have said there's 5 left, equally she might have said 500, we have no way of knowing cause they don't tell us. What they're doing is employing yet another underhand sales technique to pressure, oops sorry I mean gently encourage, viewers to buy.

Friday morning, eBikes STILL for sale?!?

Me confused.

Presenters have been saying for over a WEEK 'grab 'em quick cause they're going to sell out!'

Sunday teatime and still in stock.

They're really struggling to shift these last few. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shaun saying 27 of the blue left and 20 folks on the web site, so all he's saying is don't leave it too long.

Shaun, I'm pretty sure on a show a week ago with Hayley there was 70 of the blue left, so they've sold 43 in a week. If that's the speed they are going at, think folks have still got a couple of days to decide, no need to pressure folk.;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back