Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

See Reynolds has started the watch show with his rubbish about the origins of Vostok Europe.

Also see he's changed his tune as to what is meant by "limited edition" for the Expedition N1, originally a few years ago he said there would only ever be 3,000 cases made for the Expedition N1 range across the 8 original colour ways/configurations (same for all the different madels like Almaz, Energia etc) but now he's saying it's 3,000 of each of the colourways/configurations, ie 3,000 of the original colours, 3,000 of the new colours and so on, so in other words when folks bought an Expedition N1 thinking they would have 1 of 3,000, in reality it's going to be 1 of god knows how many.
tbh I've sometimes wondered just how limited their limited edition watches are. I expect if manufacturers so desire, they can tweak little bits of an existing model and hey presto, it's a 'new' model with a limited run of x. Tweak again, hey presto, it's another 'new' model with a limited run of y, and so on.

I wouldn't trust anything selly telly says about how limited a product is. They make stuff up as they go along. Just look at the guff they spout about 'nearly sold out!' and the product is still being sold 1-2 weeks later, etc etc.

This cooking guy, "Jack", he loves himself a bit doesn't he?

0028D95C-EDFB-4CF8-B007-31F54A2780E9.jpeg

tbh I've sometimes wondered just how limited their limited edition watches are. I expect if manufacturers so desire, they can tweak little bits of an existing model and hey presto, it's a 'new' model with a limited run of x. Tweak again, hey presto, it's another 'new' model with a limited run of y, and so on.

I wouldn't trust anything selly telly says about how limited a product is. They make stuff up as they go along. Just look at the guff they spout about 'nearly sold out!' and the product is still being sold 1-2 weeks later, etc etc.

For me limited edition should mean exact what is being claimed, the fact that they are using the same model name & case, means that the original claim by Reynolds was in fact false. He stated clearly that only 3,000 of those Expedition N1 cases would be made, and because there was 8 colour/style variants, then there would only be approx 250 of each, once 3,000 was reached no more cases would be made. Now there is going to be another 3,000 of the Expedition N1 available.

More Chinese made watches masquerading as a supposedly German Saxony brand and designed in Koln ??, I'm sure these watches are made in Tianjin.

Yeah but the IW collectors are buying them up. :eek:

And Den just said - "if you actually saw someone wearing this , you'd would think that they had invested maybe nine or ten thousand pounds."

Miss Gerrards (pretendy watch expert to the Queen)- "Well absolutely."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Den really should be locked up in a looney bin for coming out with such utter nonsense like that.

Ok i'm confused, which is nae a hard thing to do. :ROFLMAO:

We have Den selling the best self tan (TanOrganic) she's ever, ever, ever, ever, ever................ used.

So what about Zhuzh, thought nobody needed to use self tan/ Fake tan as everyone of them at IW used Zhuzh. :unsure:
Sorry Hammy but you evidently no NOTHING about health and wellbeing care routines. I've been following the IW Plan for a few years now. I do this every morning ...

1. Apply Elizabeth Grant products all over body.
2. Take Protocol tablets and drinks.
3. Eat some Jane Plan.
4. Apply Zhuzh.
5. 5 mins on VibraPower to shake the Zhuzh off.
6. Power wash the remaining Zhuzh off the skin.
7. From a safe distance, steam clean the skin pores using a steam generator iron.
8. Sit down for 5 mins on the very comfortable steel tube furniture.
9. THEN apply the TanOrganic.
10. Wait 10 mins and then apply WaterlessWax over body.
11. BUFF BUFF BUFF.
12. Good to go :)

I'm 28 years old and I think you'll agree, I'm looking pretty good for my age so the IW Plan is evidently working. Let that be a lesson to you Hammy.

old man face.jpg

Who the hell is buying that £1199 Tourbillion watch :unsure:
Me, actually I bought 50 of them, you got a problem with that?

I'm selling them on my website for £5,000,000,000 (their true value) and let me tell you they are FLYING OUT, my website is in MELTDOWN!!! Buyers like the fact they're from a limited edition run of 1,000,000,000,000 pieces.

Yeah they'll be sold out VERY soon. I've only had them on my website for 15 years and so far I've sold 1 to a gullible Arab oil tycoon.

Had to laugh at the first watch last night, and Shaun said "btw it is an automatic, i'm just going to point this out, it's just stopped this second, that's because it's run out of power cause it's not been worn." So he gives the crown ten turns, nothing, plays with the pushers for adjusting the sub dials, then gives the crown another 7 turns, and a few more presses of the sub dial pushers, still nothing. Change of subject and Quick exit to a short pre recorded video of the watch. But the biggest laugh is while Shaun is faffing about with the watch and it's won't work, miss gerrards is whittering on in the background - "that's a really good point actually, these watches, when you eventually stop wearing them, if you leave them on the dressing table they will eventually wind down, stop ticking. There's no problem, no fault, you just need to reset the watch and start wearing it again."

Sorry Caroline, but the watch Shaun was playing with begs to differ. ;):p

I caught literally 3-4 mins of a Vostok show last night with the comedy gold duo that is Peter and Kevin. I noticed, in his vocal tone and context, that Kevin is increasingly becoming a selly telly charlatan. Peter was holding up a watch and Kevin said something like (with a faux surprised tone):

'And we're still offering this with the additional strap?'

'Yes'
replied Peter.

'At that price???' Kevin extols.

etc etc. Yeah Kevin, as if you didn't know the extra strap was being thrown in. Needless to say after this and hearing Peter come out with his usual 'listen, I REALLY do mean this ...' I hopped back on to proper telly :)

Jane Plan again last night. And yep, as usual, plates jammed packed with fruit & veg that obviously has to be bought separately. It all looks very tasty because of this additional food dressing. You do see the Jane Plan product on the plate, if you look really really closely there's a small dollop of something in the middle of each plate.

Appetising? Emmm ....

To be fair it has a good number of positive reviews online. There again it also has a fair few negative ones as well.
Believe me, it isn't. Wasted a bit of money on this "food". I lost my weight by serving up my meals on smaller plates (so less food) and walked my dog more. Cut down on the wine (a bit!), definitely no takeaways except one at the weekend if I had to and just had soup at lunchtimes. Job done.

I know it isn't as easy as that for everyone but a few small changes makes a big difference and you don't need to spend a wad on these meal plans. Diet Chef is another one. You lose pounds but out of your purse not off your body.

CC

The con artists were at it again last night, Mason & Bordell, selling the Swiss Legend Commander watch, £1200 RRP but going for £134.

All the crap about being Swiss this and Swiss that, and bargain price, cause a Swiss automatic watch would be into the four figures.

The truth, it’s an American brand, think it’s World of Watches.com that owns the brand now, but it’s changed hands a couple of times in the last few years after SWI it’s previous owners went bust, but whoever owns them they are based in America. The watches are 99.9% Chinese made parts, probably made by Solar Time, as they have pictures of Swiss Legend watches on their HKTDC (Hong Kong Trade & Development Council) trade site for watch brands looking for manufacturers to make their watches.

It gets around Swiss Made, as they’re shipped unassembled to Switzerland, strangely a pic from Swiss Military’s Hanowa facilities assembly plant is shown on the Swiss Legend web site, and assembled and where a couple of small parts are changed in the movement, given the big difference in material & Labour costs between Switzerland and China, these small changes are enough to make the Swiss value within the watch over 60% and can claim Swiss Made, but in reality they’re really Chinese watches using a loop hole to con buyers.

This is a Swiss Made IT10 (IT stands for Inter T SA, who used to manufacture the movements, but they longer exist) according to IW.

vlcsnap-2021-05-22-11h18m29s5831.png

Some other brands pull the same trick with their cheapers watches, like Rotary, here's the same movement in one of their watches but they call it R.1002.21
113790220.jpg

And finally here's a pic of the movement on Ali Express, called its true name Seagull ST1646, Chinese not Swiss.;)
Punk-Full-Skeleton-Men-Automatic-Mechanical-Watch-Original-ST1646-Movement-Mens-Wrist-Watches-...jpg

Attachments

• inter-sa-caliber-it10.jpg
    inter-sa-caliber-it10.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 96
The con artists were at it again last night, Mason & Bordell, selling the Swiss Legend Commander watch, £1200 RRP but going for £134.

All the crap about being Swiss this and Swiss that, and bargain price, cause a Swiss automatic watch would be into the four figures.

It gets around Swiss Made, as they’re shipped unassembled to Switzerland, strangely a pic from Swiss Military’s Hanowa facilities assembly plant is shown on the Swiss Legend web site, and assembled and where a couple of small parts are changed in the movement, given the big difference in material & Labour costs between Switzerland and China, these small changes are enough to make the Swiss value within the watch over 60% and can claim Swiss Made, but in reality they’re really Chinese watches using a loop hole to con buyers.
As I said before, it's a bit like meat packaging showing a Union Jack flag to, in my view, con buyers into thinking the meat is British. Look closer, and you'll often see it's come from outside the UK but is packaged within the UK, allowing them to slap a Union Jack on.

I agree with you, it's as close to out and out lying you can get. But why expect any different.

Latest posts

Back