Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nice (y)

Too much Chinese Jiggery-pokery when Bordell is on and why would you have Eterna, an actual quality Swiss watchmaker, on the same show with these other phoney history/heritage Chinese Jiggery-pokery brands.

My Eterna.
The re-issued Czech Air Force watch, Eterna Heritage Military 1939 View attachment 21381
Now that is nice ❤️

oh that's another little fib from Bordell.

Duxot Patrrios watch - "everything relied on acturate timekeeping, we rely on these things, there's over 100 moving pieces in there, you don't take it in for a service every year, it's running about 28,000 beats per hour, 28,000 amazing isn't it."

Yeah it is amazing that a movement that is 21,600 is beating at 28,000. It's a standard open heart Seiko NH38 movement, not a high beat one. :rolleyes:

This one has always annoyed me to. Like it's some sort of achievement. I don't remember anyone following me around Waitrose going 'Well done that you got that' when I put 24 bog rolls in my trolley, or a bag of cat litter.
For some time, Peter Simon used to say ‘good luck if you get it’.

Somehow, and especially with Ideal World’s watches’ tendency to shed their hands on live television (not usually something shared with premium products), I always thought that was more accurate. As in ‘you might need some good luck now you’ve bought this’!

I see they're launching watch week next week end🤔 probably all the rubbish that they can't sell 😆

I see they're launching it with Swan & Edgar on Saturday night, Chinese jiggery-pockery watches from a brand with a phony history & heritage run by con artists, says it all really. :ROFLMAO:

No doubt will finish with the "collectors show" a week on Monday, with '45 years in the trade' Kevoski and "My name's Shaun BTW".

For some time, Peter Simon used to say ‘good luck if you get it’.

Somehow, and especially with Ideal World’s watches’ tendency to shed their hands on live television (not usually something shared with premium products), I always thought that was more accurate. As in ‘you might need some good luck now you’ve bought this’!

Not something you see every day of the week, come to think of it, not something I've seen before anywhere where a watch is being sold, not on TV or at a retail store or Jewelers, it's a unique phenomenon that only seems to happen with Ideal World. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of phoney.

Bordell last night on RGMT - "They started in the states"

Translation, this Chinese brand, owned and manufactured by Solar time Hong Kong, launched last year, they created a phoney American web site with prices in Dollars (they have absolutely no presence in the States), brand and web site is run by Solar Time's subsidiary, the Dartmouth brands in London, orders placed to the web site are fullfilled from two locations, if you live in the UK, orders are fullfilled from the Dartmouth Brand in the UK, if you live in the rest or the world, orders are fullfilled directly from Hong Kong.

Started in the states my ..... :ROFLMAO:

Oh and not once did he mention that any of the Dartmouth brands last night are Chinese made and owned. He mention the fictitious connection the present day brands have with States (RGMT), Switzerland (Duxot), UK (Earnshaw) yet he nevers mentions the actual connection they all have today, CHINA.

Last edited:
I've mentioned this before, I get they're selly telly, however the way they rattle through selling watches would do nothing to entice me to buy, it cheapens the whole experience.

Oh look at this one, grab it now guys!
5 mins later
Oh this one's a stunna as well, check out yir baskets!
5 mins later
Oh how would you choose, why not shove 'em all in yir basket and decide once yi get 'em home!
5 mins later
Just buy it, just buy it!

etc etc

Watch selling treadmill ...

I've mentioned this before, I get they're selly telly, however the way they rattle through selling watches would do nothing to entice me to buy, it cheapens the whole experience.

Oh look at this one, grab it now guys!
5 mins later
Oh this one's a stunna as well, check out yir baskets!
5 mins later
Oh how would you choose, why not shove 'em all in yir basket and decide once yi get 'em home!
5 mins later
Just buy it, just buy it!

etc etc

Watch selling treadmill ...

Agree totally, just last night they could have done the show with just Eterna (they've other models in stock) only instead of cramming so many different brands/watches on. If you're asking people to spend a fair bit on a watch then it's only sensible to let folks see and hear as much about it as possible, heck they have a 45 minute show on one treadmill, one bike, proto-col, face mask etc etc, yet a £2,000 watch gets 5 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

That Bordell bloke must have been given Mike Masons screwed up script out of his pocket before he went on. A watch costing £1300 and odd was shown. He said he was after it last time it was on but ‘they all sold out’!!!

He fits right in to their set up going above and beyond the call of conmanship as far as I can tell.

That Bordell bloke must have been given Mike Masons screwed up script out of his pocket before he went on. A watch costing £1300 and odd was shown. He said he was after it last time it was on but ‘they all sold out’!!!

He fits right in to their set up going above and beyond the call of conmanship as far as I can tell.

I know all this sold out is a load of bull, as has been said on here a few times, just another sales tactic. It's still in stock now if he wants it.

But even if we believed him and Mason for minute and Ideal World did sell out of the watches they really, really, reallllllly wanted, then that shouldn't have prevented them from buying the watches as they are & have been available elsewhere, around the same or at even better prices, so there should be no excuses for not getting them, especially if they desired the watches so much. Pretty sure all watch collectors wouldn't be hindered from buying their desired watches just because one retailer has sold out, many watch retailers out there. ;)

I know all this sold out is a load of bull, as has been said on here a few times, just another sales tactic. It's still in stock now if he wants it.

But even if we believed him and Mason for minute and Ideal World did sell out of the watches they really, really, reallllllly wanted, then that shouldn't have prevented them from buying the watches as they are & have been available elsewhere, around the same or at even better prices, so there should be no excuses for not getting them, especially if they desired the watches so much. Pretty sure all watch collectors wouldn't be hindered from buying their desired watches just because one retailer has sold out, many watch retailers out there. ;)
Indeed, just saw Sally with the barbecue and she said she wanted the burger press last time and has had to wait for it to come back in stock. Wouldn’t you just get one elsewhere?

Indeed, just saw Sally with the barbecue and she said she wanted the burger press last time and has had to wait for it to come back in stock. Wouldn’t you just get one elsewhere?

You would have thought they would go to whom ever had them in stock, unless they get a really good discount or free when getting from Ideal World. ;) IW could put the costs against marketing budget, it's like advertising for them.

Oh Christ, they have Sally Jacks on as the proto-col expert, and Shona with the fake shock reactions, they really are taking the piss now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You would have thought they would go to whom ever had them in stock, unless they get a really good discount or free when getting from Ideal World. ;) IW could put the costs against marketing budget, it's like advertising for them.

Oh Christ, they have Sally Jacks on as the proto-col expert, and Shona with the fake shock reactions, they really are taking the piss now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Is that the stuff that helps with hair loss? 'Helps' in the sense that it makes the brand owner/ambassador so much £££ he can afford to have hair implants. Is it that stuff ;)

Viewers, stop and THINK! These selly telly presenters have had access to all the world's best health & beauty products, some of them for decades. You know, the stuff they sell you. So, answer me this. Why don't they all look 20 years younger with the skin of a baby?

;)

"Honestly, by the end of this show i guarantee you'll want this barbecue."

Honestly Shaun, you shouldn't make guarantees about something you can't guarantee. Oh and btw I can positively guarantee you, I don't want it, and I've felt that way after the hundreds of previous times i've been told i will want this barbecue.;):ROFLMAO:

PS

Had to laugh at messy Jack the other day, saying it was non-stick as he was trying to peel a piece of salmon that was stuck fast and didn't want to come off without a fight. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back