Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

20210528_174435.jpg

Looking a bit short on items at the moment. I’ve seen that barbecue with the dodgy fan more times than that woman with no knees from the Brookside corner shop who started off walking backwards for Christmas at one step an hour, flogging that treadmill. Maybe it’s time they started selling the actual item numbers...Simon Peter: “You MUST...YOU MUST BUY THIS ITEM NUMBER NOW!!!!” “INSURE IT - ALL SIX DIGITS OF IT.” “IT’S ABSOLUTELY UNIQUE.” “Nobody else will have one the same -ever!!!”

Looking a bit short on items at the moment. I’ve seen that barbecue with the dodgy fan more times than that woman with no knees from the Brookside corner shop who started off walking backwards for Christmas at one step an hour, flogging that treadmill. Maybe it’s time they started selling the actual item numbers...Simon Peter: “You MUST...YOU MUST BUY THIS ITEM NUMBER NOW!!!!” “INSURE IT - ALL SIX DIGITS OF IT.” “IT’S ABSOLUTELY UNIQUE.” “Nobody else will have one the same -ever!!!”
So who is that woman with the dodgy knees anyway :unsure:, she was on the other day saying a L(A)B mask was the best thing she uses for her wrinkles.

Oh Caroline, you're supposed to be an expert - "they do, Swiss brand and eh, watch collectors out there will have heard of the Roamer brands, this is part of the Vidar Roamer brand and what we are looking at here is the magic word, Swiss Made."

Absolute Bullshit.

Vidar used to be a Roamer brand, they sold it off, the Vidar brand now part of Bon Mercato GmbH watch brands, and guess who they are the German folk that owns the Delorean brand, Porta S, Raoul U Braun etc

Oh Caroline, you're supposed to be an expert - "they do, Swiss brand and eh, watch collectors out there will have heard of the Roamer brands, this is part of the Vidar Roamer brand and what we are looking at here is the magic word, Swiss Made."

Absolute Bullshit.

Vidar used to be a Roamer brand, they sold it off, the Vidar brand now part of Bon Mercato GmbH watch brands, and guess who they are the German folk that owns the Delorean brand, Porta S, Raoul U Braun etc

Nice bit of detective work😉 I could not find reference to the modern incarnation of Vidar with a quick Google. Guessed it would be another dubious Swiss brand far removed from its origins😄 You do get a golf ball with it lol.

Nice bit of detective work😉 I could not find reference to the modern incarnation of Vidar with a quick Google. Guessed it would be another dubious Swiss brand far removed from its origins😄 You do get a golf ball with it lol.

Yeah, if you just search for Vidar, all you get is links to web sites which kinda confirms what Caroline said, ie a connection between Roamer and Vidar, that's probably where she got her info from, thing is it not really hard detective work, it's just knowing how the guests work and who they represent. If Bordell, Clawely are guests then you can bet that any new brands they represent will link back to Solar time, Emma Boydell links back to Resultco brands, Caroline represents German brands that are big on German shopping telly, so you check them out. German watch forums are a hive of info on these German shopping telly brands.

BTW the Vidar watches do look like they are well made and are Swiss made, not my style like.

What a pair, Mason & Boydell, do you think these two could do a show without lying?

It's really disgusting that con artists, liars etc are allowed to con folks openly on TV without any Broadcasting Authority, Advertising Authority actually holding them to account, OFCOM, ASA etc should all hang their heads in shame, they're patently not up to the job.

What a pair, Mason & Boydell, do you think these two could do a show without lying?

It's really disgusting that con artists, liars etc are allowed to con folks openly on TV without any Broadcasting Authority, Advertising Authority actually holding them to account, OFCOM, ASA etc should all hang their heads in shame, they're patently not up to the job.
It’s getting to the point where if the lips move , expect lies. A total disgrace.

Ah well, start the second show, with Mason's woe at not getting the drum watch after the last show as they were all sold out. Of course Mike's definition of sold out differs from the dictionary definition.

Still only another 30 months for this story to run before it equals the Almaz saga. :ROFLMAO:

Ok new name for Miss Precision, think Miss Sincerity would be more appropriate.

Ah well, start the second show, with Mason's woe at not getting the drum watch after the last show as they were all sold out. Of course Mike's definition of sold out differs from the dictionary definition.

Still only another 30 months for this story to run before it equals the Almaz saga. :ROFLMAO:

Ok new name for Miss Precision, think Miss Sincerity would be more appropriate.
In the old days on Bid Tv there were viewers who , when the presenters said they would love to get the product , would endeavour to buy it for them.
The presenters would say things like ' ..... thank you Elsie in Droitwich for offering to buy me the ceramic teapot , but I am not allowed to accept'.
Peter Simon had a fan base of old ladies called Beryl and Gladys who trusted him - they used to put the customers names on screen, and it was obvious they were all old people. Some of them phoned in and were put on air , and they were clearly lonely.
They would sell real rubbish like plaster figurines such as might be prizes at a funfair.
I think some of these old shows are on YouTube if one has the patience to look.

Some lass called Hayley flogging hair gain - "And she discovered a key ingredient, which is Trademarked so you want find it in any other supplement."

Really?

Hair Gain kinda insinuate that Anagain is their trademarked discovery, but Anagain is trademarked to a Swiss Company, Migros-Genossenschafts-Bund, they first applied for the trademark in 2012, Hair Gain has only been on the go 2 years, so something doesn't add up with their story. :unsure:

It’s getting to the point where if the lips move , expect lies. A total disgrace.
I hopped on yesterday and Mike M was flogging whatever product, tbh I can't remember what. However what I can remember is they'd been selling this product daily for around a week. So imagine my surprise (not really ;)) when Mike said along the lines of 'in meltdown, tellin' ya, these aren't goin' to last, grab yours now!'

No doubt he, and the others, will be saying similar the next day, and the next, and possibly the next, about that very same product.

As you allude to, they open their mouths and engage 'selly telly bullsh1t' mode.

In the old days on Bid Tv there were viewers who , when the presenters said they would love to get the product , would endeavour to buy it for them.
The presenters would say things like ' ..... thank you Elsie in Droitwich for offering to buy me the ceramic teapot , but I am not allowed to accept'.
Peter Simon had a fan base of old ladies called Beryl and Gladys who trusted him - they used to put the customers names on screen, and it was obvious they were all old people. Some of them phoned in and were put on air , and they were clearly lonely.
They would sell real rubbish like plaster figurines such as might be prizes at a funfair.
I think some of these old shows are on YouTube if one has the patience to look.
I think there was a degree of acknowledgement years ago that many/most of selly telly customers were perhaps retired ladies of the blue rinse variety. However, I think that's very likely changed over the years and all channels probably have quite a wide age range of customers, although a significant percentage are probably still 50/60+

Latest posts

Back