Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They don’t bother about anything adding up

Like Haley doesn’t mention anymore that half her head has extensions

Ain't that the truth.

They seem to be getting worse, it's virtually every show there is some sort of misinformation or outright lying.

Didn't know that about Hayley, of course i'm a bloke so don't notice that sort of thing. ;):ROFLMAO:

I hopped on yesterday and Mike M was flogging whatever product, tbh I can't remember what. However what I can remember is they'd been selling this product daily for around a week. So imagine my surprise (not really ;)) when Mike said along the lines of 'in meltdown, tellin' ya, these aren't goin' to last, grab yours now!'

No doubt he, and the others, will be saying similar the next day, and the next, and possibly the next, about that very same product.

As you allude to, they open their mouths and engage 'selly telly bullsh1t' mode.

That's a new acronym for us to use, STB. (y)

I see it's Emelia fashion. Great fashion brand we are told, as i haven't clue who Emelia is thought i would see just how big and great they are.

Couldn't find anything apart from on Amazon, they have those bengaline trousers, the one that every IW female presenter has bought at least a 100 of them. Anyway turns out it's Ideal that is selling them on Amazon Marketplace, thought wonder how the prices compare.

On the Ideal web site, showing products on the show just now, they have the trousers, although they don't seem to be featured onscreen, but anyway, they are £16.99 + £3.99 p & p (if you spend over £80 you get 10% discount).

Same trousers from Ideal on Amazon, they are £6.99 + £1.50 p & p. :eek:

Moral of the story, don't get ripped off and search elsewhere. :ROFLMAO:

I see it's Emelia fashion. Great fashion brand we are told, as i haven't clue who Emelia is thought i would see just how big and great they are.

Couldn't find anything apart from on Amazon, they have those bengaline trousers, the one that every IW female presenter has bought at least a 100 of them. Anyway turns out it's Ideal that is selling them on Amazon Marketplace, thought wonder how the prices compare.

On the Ideal web site, showing products on the show just now, they have the trousers, although they don't seem to be featured onscreen, but anyway, they are £16.99 + £3.99 p & p (if you spend over £80 you get 10% discount).

Same trousers from Ideal on Amazon, they are £6.99 + £1.50 p & p. :eek:

Moral of the story, don't get ripped off and search elsewhere. :ROFLMAO:
I don't knock anyone for buying whatever they want to buy (whatever floats your boat and/or your budget etc) however it's always made me chuckle slightly when 'brands' are sold that you can't find in any established retailers except maybe Amazon and eBay sellers. The way IW bleat on about 'The Furniture Collection' and as you say 'Emelia Fashion' you'd think they'd be stocked by dozens of retailers.

Nope.

I'm always reminded of the scene in 'The Office' (UK series) where Ricky Gervais' character (David Brent) walks in wearing a leather jacket. He's bought it because the boss from another branch (who's naturally cool) has a leather jacket, so David Brent wants to emulate him.

Hurrah...Finally after who knows how long the Linear Strider is finally at limited stock, hopefully no more jenny until the next fad is up for sale (I'm guessing the mini squeakability machine that sounds like it is powered by mice).
Then again it took ages for the Swift bikes to sell out after going into Limited.:eek:

Hurrah...Finally after who knows how long the Linear Strider is finally at limited stock, hopefully no more jenny until the next fad is up for sale (I'm guessing the mini squeakability machine that sounds like it is powered by mice).
Then again it took ages for the Swift bikes to sell out after going into Limited.:eek:
She was on that contraption yesterday
She was on about her favourite subject....knees

I can't get my head around how they have any stock left. That design of watch can't be had anywhere else you know ... totally unique.

;)

So unique the Chinese managed to make a homage to before it even existed. ;):ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of a new Constantin Weisz watch a while back, where Peter Simon said it took the owner (can't spell his name) 18 months to two years to design. Yet the very same case was already being used by other brands that get their watches made in china, especially two American brands that used to feature on the V watch channel. :ROFLMAO:

See Mason is wearing two watches today.
We are aware of the Omega on his left arm , which he mostly unsuccessfully tries to hide from view when ‘presenting’ a watch show. He took to wearing a Garmin smart watch with a dark rubber/silicon strap on the other arm. It’s probably the Garmin he’s wearing , although after watching him rave over the most underwhelming and over priced watches , it could well be a Swan and Edgar , Morphic or any other Chinese made watch which would well complement his Omega.

We are aware of the Omega on his left arm , which he mostly unsuccessfully tries to hide from view when ‘presenting’ a watch show. He took to wearing a Garmin smart watch with a dark rubber/silicon strap on the other arm. It’s probably the Garmin he’s wearing , although after watching him rave over the most underwhelming and over priced watches , it could well be a Swan and Edgar , Morphic or any other Chinese made watch which would well complement his Omega.

Couldn't get a good close up, but it had a dark green silicone strap, don't have any experience with Garmin watches but if he owns one of them then maybe it is that. Deffo his Omega on his left wrist. :)

See Mason is wearing two watches today.
article-0-1A660BD900000578-232_634x553-2.jpg

So, Sally the Munchkin, me, me, me, i'm on social media, my blog, my blog, my blog, I buy heaps from Ideal World (her and her hubby must have a really good income), and i'm going to tell you every single ****** item i've bought and for whom at every single ****** opportunity, cause i'm a attention seeking nobody that needs to feel important and special, blah blah blah (christ she gets more ****** annoying and irritating by the minute), has bought the Tefal pans set, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW, strange, Mason's excuse for not getting his watch, is that THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER DURING SHOWS and supposed to wait till the end of the show until customers have had their chance first. :unsure:
Personally. think it's really unprofessional for a salesperson (which rent a gob is) to be buying stuff while they are in the middle of their job of selling to the public, especially while they are pleading for folks check out as stock is so desperately low and many customers will miss out. Nothing like being selfish and buying a product and potentially depriving a customer of an item live on a show Sally. ;)

So, Sally the Munchkin, me, me, me, i'm on social media, my blog, my blog, my blog, I buy heaps from Ideal World (her and her hubby must have a really good income), and i'm going to tell you every single ****** item i've bought and for whom at every single ****** opportunity, cause i'm a attention seeking nobody that needs to feel important and special, blah blah blah (christ she gets more ****** annoying and irritating by the minute), has bought the Tefal pans set, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW, strange, Mason's excuse for not getting his watch, is that THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ORDER DURING SHOWS and supposed to wait till the end of the show until customers have had their chance first. :unsure:
Personally. think it's really unprofessional for a salesperson (which rent a gob is) to be buying stuff while they are in the middle of their job of selling to the public, especially while they are pleading for folks check out as stock is so desperately low and many customers will miss out. Nothing like being selfish and buying a product and potentially depriving a customer of an item live on a show Sally. ;)
I always take this sort of thing with a massive pinch of salt. I've bought this, I've bought that, I've asked them to set one aside for me. Aye, whatever. Anyway, WHO CARES WHAT YOU'VE BOUGHT?!?

I don't need that product but ohhhh, the presenter says they've bought one so it's obviously really good, I'll therefore buy one even though I have no use for it.

You can tell when they've been in a selly telly meeting and have been advised of another sales technique to use, cause many/most of the presenters start to use the same ruse around the same time.

Kind of related. What makes me laugh when they're selling the smart/health watches is how they bleat on about them being basic, with all the functionality you need and no more. The keep fit guy refers to a more expensive one he owns and he never uses half the features.

I wonder what would happen if they started to sell a more expensive version with lots more features, I wonder what the sales pitch would be like then ...

;)

You can tell when they've been in a selly telly meeting and have been advised of another sales technique to use, cause many/most of the presenters start to use the same ruse around the same time.
Yes, exactly right. They're like lemmings, all going off the cliff at the same time (a misconception, I know, but still useful).

I remember this happening with 'sold out and gone', rather than the normal 'sold out'. Suddenly, everyone was saying it - there had clearly been a meeting/email about it.

Yes, exactly right. They're like lemmings, all going off the cliff at the same time (a misconception, I know, but still useful).

I remember this happening with 'sold out and gone', rather than the normal 'sold out'. Suddenly, everyone was saying it - there had clearly been a meeting/email about it.
They remind me of the people that used to sell stuff at a travelling fair that comes to my home town once a year. Apart from the rides, there was a section at the end with all sorts being sold e.g. towels, clothes, general homeware etc. Obviously it stopped years ago i.e. it was of it's time.

I can hear the men and women now, booming out stuff like 'This pack of 5 towels isn't going to cost you a fiver, it's not going to cost you four pounds or even three. They're yours for TWO POUNDS, TWO POUNDS!!!'

That's exactly the image IW portray. Fairground / street market sellers. Not saying there's anything to be ashamed of having those professions, however you'd think a tv channel would set its sights at least a bit higher in terms of professionalism.

Latest posts

Back