Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A Right embarrassing start to the Polti show the night. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Polti Vacuum with the Queen of clean, Bev, "look at this fantastic vacuum cleaner, you know i only bring you the best, and look at that Polti go, so easy, so quick, so simple, so easy to use and that way make life a lot easier."

Leaving an absolute mess in it's trail. :eek:

Mason - " Beverly my darling, we have given you one of our broken demonstration samples for some reason, well get that sorted." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aye right, no wonder they're going cheap, Polti are flogging you sub standard machines, probably didn't pass quality control standards that others stores would accept, that's why they are so cheap. ;)
I guess it was similar when the hands fell of the watch being demonstrated and MM said it was a unfinished demonstration model o_O

I thought the treadmill had sold out?

Saw a first last night, Mike Mason was on it. Saw another first today, Gen was on it. Maybe they’ve had one of their meetings and decided it best to have presenters bobbing along on it.

Not a first by any means, Jenny was there, again. Gen said they’d get to her and hear her story.....turned off

I thought the treadmill had sold out?

Saw a first last night, Mike Mason was on it. Saw another first today, Gen was on it. Maybe they’ve had one of their meetings and decided it best to have presenters bobbing along on it.

Not a first by any means, Jenny was there, again. Gen said they’d get to her and hear her story.....turned off
It's a slightly different model, I agree the Jenny's story is a big turn off.

Some bloke in a scruffy tee shirt and shorts presenting today. Looks like he turned up to deliver a Big Mac Meal and a large root beer in a ‘K’ reg Proton, and got sent to the nearest studio because the regular presenter had gone sick - probably after eating food from that little barbecue that never sells out.

Mason on cordless hoover very corded hoover- "that's why everything is now cordless, because cords are problems"

not everything Mike, better have a word with Peter V, he gave a good reason this morning why a corded appliance can better. ;)

Don't you just love IW, if it's corded it's great and better than cordless, if it's cordless then corded is crap and from the past. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My god, the pick of the day watch has got to be the worst looking watch they've sold on IW and that's saying something. Swan & Edgar make some ugly looking watches. :ROFLMAO:
Oh now another Chinese Tourbillon watch, you can pick an equivalent up on Ali for less than half the price, oh and wish IW would learn to spell.

This is virtually same watch, slightly different indices and hands, but movement etc all the same, yeah definitely a £2000 watch Mr mason.

Can't believe the cr@p coming out of the S&E rep 😡 4 generations of the Field family of watchmaking, I bet none of them own a loupe never mind make a watch 😁 And why name watches after people who have nothing to do with horology? This is why I joined this forum to vent my spleen 🤣

Antoni (daddy fields) did have a foray into watches with a few so called watch companies ie Klaus Kobec direct ltd, they are not the klaus Kobec of the Football watch fame, but they were involved in a legal battle over the name which ended up with the Football watch Klaus kobec going bust due to the legal costs, but karma caught up with Klaus Kobec direct as they went insolvent in 2010.

seems to have dipped his fingers into quite a lot of things, 47 different directorships, of course none since 2010, when the property company he was a director of were done for corporation tax evasion, wasn't much they owed the tax man, just half a million pounds. :ROFLMAO:

Swan & Edgar bore - "the beginning of watch week is such a privilege for Swan & Edgar to be here and all of the heritage of Swan & Edgar and British Design and everything, it's wonderful."

Swan & Edgar watch brand has NO heritage, you've only been on the go 3 years.
And there is no British Designs, it's all existing Chinese designs and you've just picked from hundreds of options from a catalogue and got them to put your name on it, any Tom, Dick or Harry, with a few thousand pounds, can do the exact same thing, and have a couple of hundred limited edition faux luxury watches to sell, doesn't make them watch designers. ;)

They use another agency person on the no no hair remover who supposedly has a condition where her hair grows in abundance, but with the no no, it’s no problem at all.

I don’t believe her either.

They just hire someone for the show, give them a suitable story favourable to the product and everyone’s a winner, nice little earner for them to trot out the same story as the products on IW come back again and again.

I genuinely don't get this Swan & Edgar story. As far as I remember, Swan & Edgar was a department store in Piccadilly. I remember it closing in the early '80s, I think. I don't remember them having their own in-house watch brand - but of course, I could be wrong.

I am assuming the name was purchased years later and applied to a new watch brand? Fine, I am aware of lots of dead brand names brought back decades later with absolutely no connection with the original manufacturer. I have no problem with that at all. The concerns start when a restarted company name's products are sold on the basis of a spurious direct connection and heritage of the old unconnected name. Is this the case with these Swan & Edgar watches? Am I missing something and there is a direct link?

Oh God, no. It's that ****** woman with the titanium knees and more steps than Hampstead tube on that wretched treadmill again. Time to disembowel myself without an anaesthetic

Latest posts

Back