Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To this crowd, Swiss automatically equates to quality, the same as heavy does.

On the whole Swiss made watches from Swiss watchmaking brands are usually good to very high quality (same can be said for the German & Japanese), although no brand is perfect. Problem comes in when watches from non Swiss brands appearing with "Swiss Made" on the dial, which have been made primarily in China, often in what i would class as back street watchmakers, shipped un-assembled to some independent watchmaker in Switzerland, and as Craftalot says, has had a minor change made to them to qualify as Swiss Made, or in some cases, just out and out made in China and fraudulently marked as Swiss Made.
China is home of the fake/counterfeit/replica watch industry, it's big business, and if they are quite willing to openly produce and sell fake Swiss watches, how hard is it to imagine they would be quite willing to use underhand tactics to produce watches with "Swiss Made" on the dial for some of these unscrupulous non Swiss brands.

PS

Just in case folks think i'm tarring the whole Chinese watch industry with the same brush, there are a lot of really good Chinese watchmakers as well. ;)

I've no idea where big (as in case diam) & heavy came from to equate to quality, probably a recent concept from brands where they can't compete with watchmaking brands with smaller case size, superior case finishing etc, so hey let's say big and heavy means quality.

Mason's one of the worst for saying that. It's a bit of a con as they know not all will return as they can't be bothered or forget and it gets passed the timeframe they are allowed.
And despite how they word it you have to buy it to try it and as their T & Cs state any possible money back will depend on condition item is in when returned.
Every time they're selling a carpet cleaner I think of how many people would buy it to clean some carpets then return it after they've finished; there probably would be a condition attached such as you can only use a tiny bottle of supplied cleaner to try it out, but I'm fairly certain I've got a spare bottle of cleaner lurking somewhere in a cupboard...

With the Jane Plan diet I think you can try a week's worth (?) before sending it back (not recommended), and guessing that with any hand creams/perfumes or similar they might also supply a trial sampler pack with your order but you can't open the main package if you want to send it back.

Locke has just shared that he had trouble keeping key areas of his body clean (Hmmm..let me think now) due to them no longer being visible under his stomach, or even in the same room as himself any longer. What a dreadful prospect. Still, saves two fingers down the throat for fun. I think the model fell off about 20 minutes ago, so ignored has she been. Probably on the tenth expire analogy from Happy Rob.

Where’s Locke’s demo treadmill?? Presumably he’d go through it? And now the story of that woman again. The woman with the new titanium knees and head...
Here's LockE on the treadmill:

eGqRQMi.mp4

They have that poor old lady bent double over the bar of the never ending treadmill. She looked like she was struggling earlier, and she looks even more unsuitable for a moving mat now. Locke droning on about pigging out once, maybe twice a week. Get that suit off, return it to Mister Byrite, and start porking the pork, Locke. You said you were about 18 stones now, so you have absolutely no excuse not to.

Lovely to see The Great Soprendo back on television on the Vibrapower Slim 2 presentation. A little bit too much furious wobbling of thighs though.

Every time they're selling a carpet cleaner I think of how many people would buy it to clean some carpets then return it after they've finished; there probably would be a condition attached such as you can only use a tiny bottle of supplied cleaner to try it out, but I'm fairly certain I've got a spare bottle of cleaner lurking somewhere in a cupboard...

With the Jane Plan diet I think you can try a week's worth (?) before sending it back (not recommended), and guessing that with any hand creams/perfumes or similar they might also supply a trial sampler pack with your order but you can't open the main package if you want to send it back.

I've seen on a select few products where the say what you can use, protocol is one and as you say Jane plan, where they say how much you can use to try it, but a lot of the products, they just say use it as you would for two weeks don't like it send it back, pretty sure if somebody used a BBQ everyday for two weeks and sent it back, not sure they would be getting a full refund as is inferred.

See it's the Ideal World SALE time again.

Come on folks let grab a bargain. Found one that will be good for us all, after all Sally has said Elizabeth's stuff, like Emelia leggings, is great for us guys too, and I'm sure it's highly recommended by the Goddess and Peter Simon. :ROFLMAO:

Elizabeth Grant Collagen Re-Inforce 3D Advanced Face Lift Night Cream 50ml - £19.99 + £2.99 P & P, reduced from £29.99, what a bargain, a tenner saving, well done IW. 👏

Or maybe I'll just say, stuff the sale and get it from Ideal World's shop on Ebay instead.

Elizabeth Grant Collagen Re-Inforce 3D Advanced Face Lift Night Cream 50ml - £9.99 free P & P. 😲

You have to laugh at Sally and her motivation keep fit rant on the Vibrapower.

It makes you feel alive !!!!

For motivation, beside wallchart put a picture of yourself that you hate, that will really sort you out and get you going.

How the heck does a weebly wobbly board make a difference........... Kelly it really does work.

Ok so Sally, so if it's really great and really does work, what went wrong for you then, why are you not in peak physical shape? Maybe too many takeaways, BBQs, airfrier cooking & not enough Jane Plan?

A bit do as I say, and not do as I do.

You have to laugh at Sally and her motivation keep fit rant on the Vibrapower.

It makes you feel alive !!!!

For motivation, beside wallchart put a picture of yourself that you hate, that will really sort you out and get you going.

How the heck does a weebly wobbly board make a difference........... Kelly it really does work.

Ok so Sally, so if it's really great and really does work, what went wrong for you then, why are you not in peak physical shape? Maybe too many takeaways, BBQs, airfrier cooking & not enough Jane Plan?

A bit do as I say, and not do as I do.
Yep.

As we've said before, viewers just need to apply a little bit of logic. These presenters have access to all these supposedly AMAZING products. And they harp on how they don't need to take up a lot of our time. So WHY don't they all look spectacular for their ages? They VERY much look their age, some of them look older!

Yeah, I'll save my £££ on buying the pills, potions and gadgets thanks ;)

On the whole Swiss made watches from Swiss watchmaking brands are usually good to very high quality (same can be said for the German & Japanese), although no brand is perfect.
Yeah I don't disagree. However I was chuckling to myself a few night back when they were selling something else Swiss made, can't remember if it was knives or something. It might have been Hayley selling, oops sorry I mean not selling them, and she kept saying 'THEY'RE SWISS MADE, THEY'RE SWISS MADE' as if this automatically means they're top quality.

Nah, not buying it for 100% of Swiss made products.

At last......the treadmill is limited stock.
Until the other model with a different handle is back in.
Hopefully no more Jenny knock knees for a short while.
To be fair to IW, there are usually gaps of months between treadmill shows once stock is depleted, so it's no wonder they go hardcore on the number of shows when they 'do' have stock.

Oops sorry, did I say months between shows? I meant days :)

Yeah I don't disagree. However I was chuckling to myself a few night back when they were selling something else Swiss made, can't remember if it was knives or something. It might have been Hayley selling, oops sorry I mean not selling them, and she kept saying 'THEY'RE SWISS MADE, THEY'RE SWISS MADE' as if this automatically means they're top quality.

Nah, not buying it for 100% of Swiss made products.

For products in general, i think this really dates back to when certain countries had a good reputation for making certain products, Germany - Cars, Japan - electronics etc, companies and workers took pride in their work and it wasn't all about maximising profit, not sure it still the same today. Today is all about profit, using minimal workforce, cutting corners where they can, outsourcing the supply of parts/materials to low pay & condition countries like China, India, Bangladesh etc. Some companies still make quality products, but as you say, that can't be attributed to 100% of companies these days, for a variety of reasons.

I saw Simon Iles mention the other night, and this is kinda similar to the "because it's got a certain name or from a certain place it has to be quality", that Beldray are doing some special things to mark their 150 year anniversary next year. Thought to myself how can you celebrate your 150th birthday when the present day Beldray is only approx 10 years old, it has no connection to the old Beldray (apart from acquiring the name, second hand, approx 5 years after they closed down) which went out of business in 2004, the products are now 100% Chinese where as they used to be made in the West Midlands. But anyway here we have a company, retailers etc claiming quality because it's made by Beldray, and Beldray have this long reputation for quality and innovation, yet today's Beldray has nothing to do with that history or reputation.

For products in general, i think this really dates back to when certain countries had a good reputation for making certain products, Germany - Cars, Japan - electronics etc, companies and workers took pride in their work and it wasn't all about maximising profit, not sure it still the same today. Today is all about profit, using minimal workforce, cutting corners where they can, outsourcing the supply of parts/materials to low pay & condition countries like China, India, Bangladesh etc. Some companies still make quality products, but as you say, that can't be attributed to 100% of companies these days, for a variety of reasons.

I saw Simon Iles mention the other night, and this is kinda similar to the "because it's got a certain name or from a certain place it has to be quality", that Beldray are doing some special things to mark their 150 year anniversary next year. Thought to myself how can you celebrate your 150th birthday when the present day Beldray is only approx 10 years old, it has no connection to the old Beldray (apart from acquiring the name, second hand, approx 5 years after they closed down) which went out of business in 2004, the products are now 100% Chinese where as they used to be made in the West Midlands. But anyway here we have a company, retailers etc claiming quality because it's made by Beldray, and Beldray have this long reputation for quality and innovation, yet today's Beldray has nothing to do with that history or reputation.
It's not really connected to your post, maybe tenuously, however quality can come from almost anywhere. My mum still has a peeler that she bought from the Betterware catalogue at least 25+ years back. It's just a piece of molded plastic with a metal blade, nothing fancy at all. Has never been sharpened. I guarantee it wouldn't have cost a lot at the time. It still peels with ease. I've had a few peelers, some of them supposed to be super-duper, and none of them peel with the ease of mum's 25+ year old cheap and cheerful Betterware version :)

And yeah, globalisation, global supply chains etc mean most products more than ever are built to a budget, unless you buy truly tier 1 products, and even then production costs still have to be considered obviously. You can just tell when you look at many products these days e.g. kitchen appliances, vacuum cleaners etc, that they're very much built to a budget, cheap plastic, thin metals etc.

These Euro games are really interfering with my IW viewing and criticisms. ;):ROFLMAO:

Anyway, french game finished, thought see whats happening on the fairy tale channel, and low and behold we have Jess, with Dormeo.

Jess - "Springs, so David these are unlike springs that most people will have ever seen or heard of."

Then Fabro waffles on about how Dormeo are innovators and he goes on to imply that Dormeo invented the pocket spring.

Sorry David, Pocket sprung mattresses aren't something Dormeo came up with, or is even unique to Dormeo, infact the pocket spring idea originated about a century before Dormeo even existed and is used by many mattress brands.

Ok back to the fitba. :)

Technology seems to have virtually disappeared from Exampler Planet of late? That youth with the ginger fringe and at times, no visible eyeballs, seems to have vanished into a Windows 3.1 vortex of productless frustration. Leaving just the Dutch actor with the Irish name - strike that, reverse it - flying the Ned Ludd Neolithic Tablets Show flag. Even he is rarely seen now, other than explaining rattan and how to inflate a floating gazebo. I suppose something had to give way to accommodate the channel’s never-ending treadmills extravaganza, mattresses marathons and spot the next watch brand you’ve never heard of four hour specials. What was that woman from Boys From The Black Stuff’s story again? The one with the new knee but not sure which leg.

Now it's "JUST BUY IT PETER" with the Dormeo mattress talking about limp clematis in his bedroom making David Fabro very uncomfortable, they keep saying it is a 90 night trial but have forgotten to mention it is only a 12 month warranty o_O.
Previously they have said you need to change mattresses between 6-8 years and all the other Dormeo range are around 10-15 years warranty but not this one for some reason. so much for the companies confidence in this product and the poor reviews on it's website confirm that.

Latest posts

Back