Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter, with Kev in agreement, on the Gaz 14 with the full luminova dial – “we’ve NEVER seen a full super luminova dial from Vostok Europe.”

Then Peter and Kev go into a bit of storytelling about why this dial was created for this watch, Kev had discussion with Igor, in the states, hunting blah blah blah.

Which would be wonderful story, if wasn’t a load of crap, this pair have short ****** memories.

Peter, you have seen a Vostok Europe watch with a full super luminova dial, the Mriya, you were selling it a few years back, in fact there's still a picture of it on the IW web site as you’ve still got the Silver dial (Silver didn’t have the full luminous dial) in stock.

Picture taken from IW web site of the Mriya FULL LUME DIAL, which according to Peter & Kev, Vostok Europe have never done. :ROFLMAO:

336766_STANDARD__ORA_20150209.jpg

John "I'm not a chef" Campbell demonstrating the Rota chef, saying to just turn the dial and the base then the suction keeps it still, but when grating cheese he had to hold it in place to stop it slipping on the surface.
He was also poo pooing the similar hand grater that he demonstrates with the changeable blades.😀

Just an update on Peter’s crap yesterday about Vostok Europe not doing full lume dials, and this being “the first time they’ve done a super luminova dial”, here’s some more.

I’m sure IW sold this one as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OJMUG22/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Yep Peter, Vostok Europe don’t do full lume dials.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O0IKJMC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015WOS9FQ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Shame on Reynolds for not putting a stop to these lies, remaining silent makes him just as complicit and guilty as Peter Simon.

While Reynolds is no where nears as bad as some of the others, this past year he has gotten worse, it's almost like he sees the rest getting away with spouting crap, that he's adopted the, if you can't beat them join them attitude.

Also during last night show, they were flogging the Mathey-Tissot Type 21 chrono with Pesaux P350 movement on a Leather Strap.

The model number on the watch was H1821CHATNO (this tells you what model range it is, whether auto or quartz movement, and type of strap), which is kinda strange as I have a watch with that number, except it comes on a Bracelet and mine comes with the original Valjoux 7750 instead of the Pesaux. The Leather strap model number should be H1821CHATLNO.

Makes me wonder if someone is cobbling together different parts (should have bracelet not a leather strap) to produce more of a certain watch to sell at a given price, I say that because Reynolds said they sold the Valjoux version before at a dearer price, which is crap, because when I got mine, from Jomashop and was comparing prices with IW and others, IW’s price was £1249.99 which is less than the £1299.99 last night, and that was the bracelet version which are more expensive than the Leather version on last night.

Also Mathey-Tissot is still selling (the last few according to their web site) this watch on a leather strap, with the Valjoux in it, and with the correct model number.

So why is Reynolds showing a watch that doesn’t match it’s model number? Is it another quirk of being a sample/display model like the one that wasn’t working? :unsure:

Also during last night show, they were flogging the Mathey-Tissot Type 21 chrono with Pesaux P350 movement on a Leather Strap.

The model number on the watch was H1821CHATNO (this tells you what model range it is, whether auto or quartz movement, and type of strap), which is kinda strange as I have a watch with that number, except it comes on a Bracelet and mine comes with the original Valjoux 7750 instead of the Pesaux. The Leather strap model number should be H1821CHATLNO.

Makes me wonder if someone is cobbling together different parts (should have bracelet not a leather strap) to produce more of a certain watch to sell at a given price, I say that because Reynolds said they sold the Valjoux version before at a dearer price, which is crap, because when I got mine, from Jomashop and was comparing prices with IW and others, IW’s price was £1249.99 which is less than the £1299.99 last night, and that was the bracelet version which are more expensive than the Leather version on last night.

Also Mathey-Tissot is still selling (the last few according to their web site) this watch on a leather strap, with the Valjoux in it, and with the correct model number.

So why is Reynolds showing a watch that doesn’t match it’s model number? Is it another quirk of being a sample/display model like the one that wasn’t working? :unsure:
Interesting, does sound like he cobbling watch and strap combinations together. Sure he's referred to this with the Vostok's saying he got straps/bracelets at the office and he put them on a watch to change the look.
Mind you, its a nice looking watch, the Type 21 but nothing like a Spitfire pilot would have worn🤔

Shame on Reynolds for not putting a stop to these lies, remaining silent makes him just as complicit and guilty as Peter Simon.

While Reynolds is no where nears as bad as some of the others, this past year he has gotten worse, it's almost like he sees the rest getting away with spouting crap, that he's adopted the, if you can't beat them join them attitude.
I hopped on last night and it was an ebike show with Peter S and the bearded keep fit guy. The keep fit guy said something along the following lines ...

'I was speaking to someone who works for a national retailer well known for selling bikes (presumably he was hinting at Halfords although who knows due to all their smoke and mirrors) and he said to me they're going to struggle to get some models in for at least the next 24 months. Now, because we have such a great relationship with eLife, they give IW priority over other retailers whenever we want to place an order ...'

Parts of this statement might be true, heck, it might all be true. Equally, it could all be guff. My point is, they speak so much guff in general, it's valid to take everything they say with a huge pinch of salt!

Jim Clawley on the £99 Holborn – “you wouldn’t balk at spending over £500 for that watch, with the actual componentry.”

index.png

Really, how can you have the brass neck to go on TV and utter such utter crap as that?

Well there is one thing you’ve just confirmed you clearly believe that IW viewers are gullible idiots that will fall for any bullshit you spout.

Peter saying we have to watch the next few weekends, because they've got some great prices for watches coming, and even if we don't want a designer and hand assembled automatic watch, we'd buy it because we ain't gonna see these prices. :ROFLMAO:

They seem to be really emphasising that the price of £99.99 for the Holborn is fantastic, amazing, lowest ever etc etc, yet they were selling another Holborn for £89 just last month.

Screenshot from Show on 10th may, with Bordell.

vlcsnap-2021-06-27-21h03m45s8504.png

Clawley on the £200 Airy watch _ "these are real collectors pieces." & "These are the ones you keep in a safe and get them insured."

If you say so Jim, look cheap & ugly to me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Personally, i would sell them as soon as possible while they've still got some resale value. ;)

In a couple of years you'd be lucky if you got £50 quid on ebay.

Peter saying we have to watch the next few weekends, because they've got some great prices for watches coming, and even if we don't want a designer and hand assembled automatic watch, we'd buy it because we ain't gonna see these prices. :ROFLMAO:

They seem to be really emphasising that the price of £99.99 for the Holborn is fantastic, amazing, lowest ever etc etc, yet they were selling another Holborn for £89 just last month.

View attachment 21550
I think tonight's Holborn had a RRP of £500, hence the increase on tonight's IW price lol🤔😂

View attachment 21550
What an ugly watch. It looks cheap

Clawley said at the start of the second show, that he got told off during the break from Thomas Earnshaw; he got a text and got told off for not mentioning it’s a new dial on the Holborn, so he said “sorry Thomas Earnshaw”.

That has got to be the most stupid, insane garbage I’ve heard on Ideal world. :ROFLMAO:

How can you get a text from Thomas Earnshaw and how the hell can you get told off from Thomas Earnshaw, and even worse why would you say sorry to Thomas Earnshaw, it’s just a brand/trade name it’s not an entity that exists?

Clawley is a Sales Director at The Dartmouth Brands Ltd (he also has his own company helping promote and distribute etc brands, ie like Lyle & Scott licensed watches)

Thomas Earnshaw is a branding on a watch it’s not an entity itself, and despite the continued efforts of Clawley/Bordell and Ideal World to suggest otherwise, there is no Thomas Earnshaw watch company, it’s just a brand name/trade name. The Dartmouth brands Ltd (subsidiary of Solar Time) is the entity, it is they who run the web site, sales, distribution, accounts etc of the watches with Thomas Earnshaw Branding on the dial, like they do For RGMT, Spinnaker, Nubeo, Duxot, CCCP etc, etc all from the same offices in London.

So Jim, if someone contacted you it was from the Dartmouth brands ltd not Thomas Earnshaw, and if you’re saying sorry for a mistake/forgetting something on screen, then it should be to the Dartmouth Brands Ltd, your employer, not some fictitious watch company that doesn’t exist. ;)

John "I'm not a chef" Campbell demonstrating the Rota chef, saying to just turn the dial and the base then the suction keeps it still, but when grating cheese he had to hold it in place to stop it slipping on the surface.
He was also poo pooing the similar hand grater that he demonstrates with the changeable blades.😀

Yeah, i've noticed he's always having to keep a hold of it from sliding about.

I dislike him, he's boring, uninteresting and speaks to the viewer like their a kid and he really doesn't inspire me to buy any product he sells, his delivery is one long recital from a script, every show is almost word for word the same, no emotion, just memorized what he's to say and delivers it like a robot.

Jim Clawley on the £99 Holborn – “you wouldn’t balk at spending over £500 for that watch, with the actual componentry.”

View attachment 21548

Really, how can you have the brass neck to go on TV and utter such utter crap as that?

Well there is one thing you’ve just confirmed you clearly believe that IW viewers are gullible idiots that will fall for any bullshit you spout.
Yes, how charitable of them to sell watch after watch after watch at a small fraction of the price they could/should be selling for. I'm going to lobby the government to try and get all IW presenters and management awarded with MBEs, CBEs and OBEs.

I LOVE how they're obsessed with weight equaling quality :) :) :)

Watch show last night, Peter S to (Jim?) 'What's the weight of this one Jim?!?'

Then, when talking about the free gift (pen) Peter S says 'It's really heavy, got a REAL weight to it!'

Ha Ha HAaaa ...

Yes, how charitable of them to sell watch after watch after watch at a small fraction of the price they could/should be selling for. I'm going to lobby the government to try and get all IW presenters and management awarded with MBEs, CBEs and OBEs.

It's the when they go, this sells or sells easily everyday at the higher price, that I laugh at. If it sells so easily at that price then why sell at a vastly reduced price, makes absolutely no business or economics sense.

Latest posts

Back