Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You are joking

More just being a bit sarcastic.;):)

Just getting fed up with the blatant lying and feeding viewers with misleading, incorrect and very scant information (done on purpose) about the brands & watches.

It would be nice to see a watch program, where they gave us honest detailed information about the brands, watches, movements etc, like you get when you go into a high end Jewelers on the High street, the same Jewelers IW often like to compare their junk, sorry meant high end big and weighty watches against.

More just being a bit sarcastic.;):)

Just getting fed up with the blatant lying and feeding viewers with misleading, incorrect and very scant information (done on purpose) about the brands & watches.

It would be nice to see a watch program, where they gave us honest detailed information about the brands, watches, movements etc, like you get when you go into a high end Jewelers on the High street, the same Jewelers IW often like to compare their junk, sorry meant high end big and weighty watches against.
Yes I know, that would be Ideal, which they’re far from 😁

I notice a lot that the ‘guest expert/agency person will start to describe whatever it is, only for the presenter to cut them off to say how busy it is and 2% has gone! I think it’s infuriating and I’m not buying. Imagine someone who is interested and wants to know all spec before buying?

It’s a well rehearsed and honed masterpiece of conmanship!

Something else strange with the male presenters on IW, is there does seem to be a love for waistcoats in casual mode, last time I wore a waistcoat was about 30 years ago, and that was part of a suit.
It's interesting you mention 30 years. I hopped on last night and a presenter (sorry can't recall who or the product) said something along the lines of 'we've been doing this for 30 years ...' the comment stuck out as I thought to myself 'hang on, the channel didn't launch until 2000?!?'

Maybe they read this forum and they're dropping these statements in to see if we bite :) :) :)

And yeah I saw the bit with the pen. It does make me chuckle when they big up the free gifts, which all strangely seem to be 'worth' circa £70.

I think we have to conclude IW know their target audience quite well. Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of their finances, but assuming they're making at least semi-decent profits month on month, their model evidently works.

Put it this way, taking extremes to make my point, a Michelin star restaurant that's very refined and quiet, with dishes starting at £39.99 and a carvery chain that has music playing, play area for kids, some fruit machines and dishes starting at £3.99 each know their respective markets.

In this scenario, I'll leave you to guess which one IW would be ;)

p.s. btw, putting aside the misinformation and guff they spout, I'm neither knocking IW and/or their buying audience. If you're putting out a certain style of content and people engage with it, bash on. Similarly, for those who enjoy watching and buying from them, again bash on.

It's interesting you mention 30 years. I hopped on last night and a presenter (sorry can't recall who or the product) said something along the lines of 'we've been doing this for 30 years ...' the comment stuck out as I thought to myself 'hang on, the channel didn't launch until 2000?!?'

Maybe they read this forum and they're dropping these statements in to see if we bite :) :) :)
Simon Lies said something similar when flogging the Blue magic this morning saying we have been selling this for over 30 years :unsure:

Not just IW that's guilty of this. Isn't it interesting that with some products e.g. cleaning for household or car, they tell us we only need product x and can do away with all the other products, thus saving money.

However, when it comes to beauty products, they tell us we need separate products for daytime, nighttime, face, around the eyes, legs, feet, arms etc etc ...

;)

Sally wants us to guess the price of a watch - "does anybody see a resemblance to maybe, eh Breitling, Vostok, eh that chronograph brings a lot of designs to mind, doesn't it. A lot of brands to mind that could be starting at three to four hundred pounds maybe going into the literally thousands upon thousands. So I think a fair price would be about £199, wouldn't you? I think that would be very, very fair blah blah. "

Nope, not in a million years, firstly it's a cheap China made quartz watch and secondly it's not chronograph.

She can't remember a better deal on any watch on any brand that is as good looking as this. Has a look of a Breitling and Omega. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is why they shouldn't have ignorant numties selling watches.

Oh and she thinks the second watch is a chrono as well. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sally - "Now not all of them will be set to the correct date etc, and I'll tell you it won't be that when it arrives home, well have you every had a watch that you've bought set to the correct date, don't think anybody has, you've always got to sort it out when you get home."

See Sally, that is the difference between buying a watch from IW and a watch from an honest retailer that is very informative as to the watch they're are buying and treats their customers with courtesy and respect, things like setting time and date for customers is quite common at quality watch retailers.

"without telling you the exact figure, HSamuals sell the exact watch for more money, and they are one of the biggest retailers of watches and Jewelery in the country and we have smashed them out of the water with £34.99."

Just for accuracy

IW - £34.99 + 4.49 P&P - £39.48

HSamuals - £39.99 free collection or free delivery.

Yep you definitely smashed them out of the water with that whopping 51p saving. Given H Samuals will probably treat the watches better I would rather pay the 51p extra. ;):)

then we had a Taggy, Rolex looking watch. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Have you noticed when Simon Lies puts a piece of white material into the oil then Blue Magic solution, that the material is soaking wet before he dips it in, and you can see the oil is actually starting to separate from the material before he dumps it quickly into the blue magic. Me thinks he pre treated that material so the oil isn't actually bonding to the material like it normally would and so is easily separated when plunked into the blue magic.:unsure:

I think we have to conclude IW know their target audience quite well. Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of their finances, but assuming they're making at least semi-decent profits month on month, their model evidently works.

Put it this way, taking extremes to make my point, a Michelin star restaurant that's very refined and quiet, with dishes starting at £39.99 and a carvery chain that has music playing, play area for kids, some fruit machines and dishes starting at £3.99 each know their respective markets.

In this scenario, I'll leave you to guess which one IW would be ;)

p.s. btw, putting aside the misinformation and guff they spout, I'm neither knocking IW and/or their buying audience. If you're putting out a certain style of content and people engage with it, bash on. Similarly, for those who enjoy watching and buying from them, again bash on.

You're too nice and polite, but I will, going by some of the reviews/comments and adulation for the Presenters/Guests and IW, I'm firmly convinced that many of them are stupid/ignorant gullible morons severely lacking in common sense, but as you say if they're happy being conned then bash on. ;) :)

Not just IW that's guilty of this. Isn't it interesting that with some products e.g. cleaning for household or car, they tell us we only need product x and can do away with all the other products, thus saving money.

However, when it comes to beauty products, they tell us we need separate products for daytime, nighttime, face, around the eyes, legs, feet, arms etc etc ...

;)

yeah but strangely enough, all the presenters use more than one product x, they all use H2O e3 cleaner, shaddazzle & Blue magic, all three are a product x category (ie cleans everything, only cleaner you need) yet they all buy all three, so do they really save. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back