Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Annoying isn't it hammy 😡 seems Boydell has a new foil for his lies 😁 the bloke from years ago 😂

I always find it annoying and laughable, the extreme effort he makes in stating the special horological heritage of the watches and story behind the name given to each watch, the Russian connection to the watches, the Slava movement, Russian this, Russian that, yet never mention the country where they're actually designed and made. :ROFLMAO:

I always find it annoying and laughable, the extreme effort he makes in stating the special horological heritage of the watches and story behind the name given to each watch, the Russian connection to the watches, the Slava movement, Russian this, Russian that, yet never mention the country where they're actually designed and made. :ROFLMAO:
The presenter bloke obviously has no idea what he's presenting 🤔 each watch could be a potato 😠 can you imagine a night out with him 🤔

The presenter bloke obviously has no idea what he's presenting 🤔 each watch could be a potato 😠 can you imagine a night out with him 🤔

Nope, not in a million years, these folk on IW live on a different planet, they're totally alien to me, would avoid them like the plague.

PS

Although if i did see one of them in the pub/street, would tell them what a bunch of liars and con artist they are, then avoid them. :ROFLMAO:

The more i see these watches the more i'm convinced some of these Slava movements are being refurbished with non Slava parts, looking at the balance Jewel / shock assembly it looks different in the newer CCCP watches to how it looks in images of older original Slava movements pre CCCP. Of course he's aleady admitted they are getting short of movements, so wouldn't surprise me if they are using non Slava parts, probably why they like the red case backs, helps obscure the movement. :ROFLMAO:

Well that's all for tonight folks, tune in tomorrow for a celebration of British history and Famous British People with horological masterpieces from the 4 generations of master watchmakers at Swan & Edgar, hosted by the Iconic Peter "just buy it" Simon. ;)

So don't miss the chance to see these future heirlooms, which have featured in all the top men's mags like GQ, Esquire, Hustler, Mayfair etc. :D

Now it's the 11.15pm bike show and Mike in his usual urgent voice - "3 minutes into the show and already 2/3 rds of the stock gone" a few minutes later "Guys this may be you only chance to get that grey and orange, so check your baskets out straight away, blah blah blah, already approaching 70% of the grey orange."

Megan said, must be the most used review on IW. :ROFLMAO:

Better get your skates on now folks, creepy crawley stated - "if you want that grey and orange option, 70% of the entire stock has gone i'm just hearing, busy start to our day." , at this rate you've only got another 10 days to get one, or maybe the new stock will have arrived by then. ;):ROFLMAO:

Edit to add - At the end of the show creepy - "but you've got to do it right now, we're getting busier and busier, the grey and orange has gone crazy, we're down to the last handful, that could go in the shows we've got planned for you today. If you want the grey opyion check out quickly."

I laugh at them going on about the puncture proof as though that's something new, heck my sister's tricycle back in the 60s had puncture proof solid rubber wheels, looked exactly like this thing, but was blue, built like a tank these things were.

1948-Triang-Trike-05.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, not in a million years, these folk on IW live on a different planet, they're totally alien to me, would avoid them like the plague.

PS

Although if i did see one of them in the pub/street, would tell them what a bunch of liars and con artist they are, then avoid them. :ROFLMAO:
To be fair, I think what you mean is you would 'try' to avoid them like the plague. However, if they were wearing any of the watches sold on IW, both you and I know you wouldn't be able to resist going right up to them to ask 'Amazing watch mate, where did you get it?!? Oh, and what weight is it???'

:) ;) :)

Without a word of a lie one of the presenters was doing a furniture show a few days back and the 'expert' was saying how the item was modular. The presenter said 'oh, it's modular? That's amazing!' So you assume it's the first time they'd seen this piece.

Literally 30 secs later, I tell you no lies, that same presenter said along the lines of 'yeah, I was doing a show with this furniture a couple of days back and ...'

But wait a sec, if you had already done a show, the modular feature would definitely have been covered then. However 30 secs earlier you acted as though you weren't aware it was modular.

Me confused!!! #NotReally ;)

(same product)

Monday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Tuesday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Wednesday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Thursday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Friday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Saturday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!
Sunday: You NEED to check out guys, these are gonna go!!!

Without a word of a lie one of the presenters was doing a furniture show a few days back and the 'expert' was saying how the item was modular. The presenter said 'oh, it's modular? That's amazing!' So you assume it's the first time they'd seen this piece.

Literally 30 secs later, I tell you no lies, that same presenter said along the lines of 'yeah, I was doing a show with this furniture a couple of days back and ...'

But wait a sec, if you had already done a show, the modular feature would definitely have been covered then. However 30 secs earlier you acted as though you weren't aware it was modular.

Me confused!!! #NotReally ;)

Funniest for that is Shona, as she doubles as a presenter and pretendy expert, on some mattress and pillows shows she's the expert giving out these amazing features of the products, then later when Alex knowles does the shift as the prenty expert, she's the presenter, and give it all the faux surprise as though she didn't know and "that's amazing" responses in her higher pitched squeal.

Mason: "Nobody buys new cars any longer." "They only buy pre-owned ones."

If that was the truth, there wouldn't be any second hand ones.
Some info for Mike ;)

The number of new cars sold in the UK in June was 28% higher than the same month in 2020, when dealerships were first allowed to reopen during the coronavirus pandemic. In total, 186,128 new cars left showrooms last month, with the majority joining fleets and businesses to be used as company cars. Around 48% of sales went to private buyers.

Enough of the football analogies already 🥺 sheesh, don't half go on 😠 it's only a footy match, and these are only Chinese watches 🤣

Yeah, they spouted some rubbish tonight, horology related, and it's was very boring, that's why we need baby fields back for the entertainment value.;)

Remember it's a pick of the day, so you'll have more Swan & Edgar shows tomorrow, i would expect the last chance show to have even more fitba talk, it's just before the game.

Fitba talk can get boring especially when it's not your team involved, but normally you get used to it, but when it's Simon and the ignorant crap he comes out with then it's close to smashing the TV time.:mad:

Latest posts

Back