Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, they've always been on the go, for a spell after the quartz crisis, they stop making mechanical movements and disappeared from the western markets, but were still big in Far/Middle East. The re-appearance in the last decade is just them trying to get back into the Western markets again.

BTW Roamer share the same buildings as Swiss Military, probably why Martin is connected with promoting them. You see the outside of the building at about 9 seconds.

I've the green dial off that Rockshell, dial looks brighten/greener in better light. ;):)

View attachment 21655
Thanks mate, every day's a school day 😎

Roamer watches have appeared on Ideal World before, and although I no longer watch Ideal World as much as I did a few years ago, I think it's been years since Roamer was last sold on Ideal World and I'm fairly certain Noddy Martin's debut appearance on TV was to promote the brand. Roamer's also the only watch brand I've ever seen on Ideal World of which I would actively consider buying (apart from perhaps Sekonda), but very preferably not from Ideal World itself.

Roamer watches have appeared on Ideal World before, and although I no longer watch Ideal World as much as I did a few years ago, I think it's been years since Roamer was last sold on Ideal World and I'm fairly certain Noddy Martin's debut appearance on TV was to promote the brand. Roamer's also the only watch brand I've ever seen on Ideal World of which I would actively consider buying (apart from perhaps Sekonda), but very preferably not from Ideal World itself.

That's what first brought me to IW web site and realised they did watches, I was looking for a particular Roamer watch and although they didn't have the one i was looking for, did noticed some others from Roamer's quartz Superior range, they were at very low prices, so must have been the last few of the stock and as you say haven't seen them since, thought they were a brand we wouldn't see on IW again.

Shock horror IW have a branded Carpet washer on with De Knees and Simon Lies.

The brand is Tower, but it also says Exclusive to IW which is a bit scarey.

£89.99, Its available on 4 Flexis, 3 PayPal installments, or 10 Open Pay instalments

I'm wondering if Tower have named this one Purejet Plus for IW to claim exclusivity. The Tower TCW5 is called Aquajet Plus everywhere else (Amazon, Ebay etc) and even on Tower's own web site, looks the exact same machine and specs.

And strangely if you search google for Tower TCW5 Purejet plus and click images there is a pic which is from IW, which shows a box with Aquajet on it. :unsure:

856215_STANDARD__000_20210413_8.jpg

I'm wondering if Tower have named this one Purejet Plus for IW to claim exclusivity. The Tower TCW5 is called Aquajet Plus everywhere else (Amazon, Ebay etc) and even on Tower's own web site, looks the exact same machine and specs.

And strangely if you search google for Tower TCW5 Purejet plus and click images there is a pic which is from IW, which shows a box with Aquajet on it. :unsure:

View attachment 21656
Strange

Apparently Kenneth Cole watches are created "with the utmost quality" but judging from this picture the specified quality can't be that great (look at the 'O' of 'YORK' here):

Kenneth Cole 1.png

Also Ideal World presenters are normally very eager to show the back of a skeleton dial watch but even I could tell that they were strangely reticent to do so with a certain watch last night for some reason, until they actually did show the back...and...erm...

Kenneth Cole 2.png

Is the word 'CHINA' just visible between the top of the movement and the bracelet? Certainly looks like it to me!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apparently Kenneth Cole watches are created "with the utmost quality" but judging from this picture the specified quality can't be that great (look at the 'O' of 'YORK' here):

View attachment 21659

Also Ideal World presenters are normally very eager to show the back of a skeleton dial watch but even I could tell that they were strangely reticent to do so with a certain watch last night for some reason, until they actually did show the back...and...erm...

View attachment 21660

Is the word 'CHINA' just visible between the top of the movement and the bracelet? Certainly looks like it to me!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They're so stupid they probably didn't notice it, but they were probably desperate to show the back as the finishing on the front of that movement was ****** awful, rough as hell, absolutely no effort put in to the finishing, no buffing, polishing etc, heck even the back was bad. Just a cheap made Chinese movement.

Noddy's with his only two Swiss watch brands with the "Official Licenced Product of the Swiss Confederation", which is very important.

But he fails to mention is that "Swiss Military" is a trademark owned by the Swiss Confederation, and to use it you've to pay for the privilege of using it and meet certain criteria, ie Swiss Made, the other 99.999999% of Swiss brands don't need to be "Official licensed Product of the Swiss Federation" as they don't use "Swiss Military" on their dials/watches.

See Noddy with the Special, unique watch which, only 1,963 made, and only available to Swiss Military's top collectors, he was told when he asked for some for IW at Dubai last year, no it isn't going to be available to any retailers, but IW is so special he got a few.

Remember, not available from any retailer.

They have the blue listed but out of stock at the moment.

Noddy explaining the picture of the factory in the VT - "That's where the factory is, where it is, is right on the Swiss Italian border, and it's literally across the road from another really big famous."

It's in Möhlin, and it's an older picture of the factory in the VT when it was first built a few years ago, and rather literally right across the road, the other really big famous brand ( a little plug for next Monday's show) is in the same factory and unlike the picture shown with only Swiss Military sign atop the factory, the other Famous brands name is up there too (you see it in the Roamer video I posted Yesterday). :ROFLMAO:

I suppose, have to give them their due, unlike a lot of the non watchmaking brands on IW that claim to be going to/been to Baselworld, but in reality are meeting in hotel rooms/cafes, at least Swiss Military By Hanowa are an official exhibitor and do actually exhibit in the Baselworld complex along side next Monday's featured brand, Roamer.

The stunt double from On The Buses swigging from the carpet cleaner bottle. “Having a bit of fun,” he chortles. He is usually just supremely irritating, but today he is supremely irritating and doubly irresponsible. Just the sort of thing a young kid would copy having seen it on the television. I see they have subsequently imposed on the screen a ‘don’t drink the carpet cleaner’ warning message - post his juvenile idiocy, I imagine.

Latest posts

Back