Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Stadtler and Waldorf are on now with Swiss Timepieces, stupid intro as usual by PS 🤣

Peter saying the blue traser is hard to get and £300 watch any day of the week.

They're on Amazon well below £300. ;):ROFLMAO:

Peter - "There's a £900 mathey-tissot on the web going for next to nothing."

That's one of the birthday watches that were going to sell out when they were launched, obviously these investments are losing money before you've even bought it. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I see Stadtler and Waldorf are on now with Swiss Timepieces, stupid intro as usual by PS 🤣
Jokes aside, I saw their off-camera intro (spouted by Peter S) cringe is an understatement. Then, to walk on and mention Morecambe & Wise is a true insult to their memory.

As for this beat the clock rubbish, just another way to indirectly pressure viewers to buy. And, what's at all appealing about selling supposedly tier 1 watches as if you're on a market stall? Does nothing but de-value them.

Oh, now we've got Peter doing his faux-sincere voice ... must be a truly magnificent piece.

Kevin fumbled with an iPhone to show a watch he said was being stress tested at Zurich airport.
Within seconds idiot Peter Simon had changed Zurich to Munich , which he ran with for the rest of the show.
At the end of the presentation Kevin fumbled with the iPhone again and restarted the video.
We've moved on shouted Peter- stop the video!
I can't , said Kevin.
There must be a pause button ,cried Peter.
Oh yeah , replied Kevin.
I really want to spend money with these two plonkers.

Is kev on the drink, whittering on about the watch having an STP1-11 saying it's 28 jewels, yet the watch has a 26 Jewel SW200 in it, even the description says its an SW200. Although the movements are basically clones of the ETA 2824, the STP1-11 uses a slightly different shaped rotor to the other two movements.

Kev said had never handled a COSC certificate before, which is very believable once he started speaking, "been tested to tolerance and timekeeping in SEVEN different position, blah blah, each watch was tested for SEVEN days."

Yeah, the certificate shows a table with 7 position rows, but it not actually 7 different positions and it's not over 7 days, there are only 5 positions the watches are tested in and it's over 15 days, two of the position are done twice, the certificate he's holding starts:

Row 1- in the 6 o clock position, and tested for 2 days,
Row 2 - in the 3 o clock position, and tested for 2 days,
Row 3 - in the 9 o clock position, and tested for 2 days,
Row 4 - then 2 days with the dial facing down,
Row 5 - then 2 days with dial facing up,

Those are the 5 different positions, 3, 6 & 9 o clock, dial down and dial up, all at 23 degrees C and 10 days of testing so far.

Row 6 - watch is in the same position as Row 5, watch doesn't move to a different position, but is tested in the same position for a further 3 days at 3 different temps, 1 day at each of the temps,
Row 7 - Is back to the original position in Row 1, the starting position of 6 o clock for the final 2 days of testing at 23 degrees to see how movement recovers from being subjected to 3 days of varying temps.

Kevin fumbled with an iPhone to show a watch he said was being stress tested at Zurich airport.
Within seconds idiot Peter Simon had changed Zurich to Munich , which he ran with for the rest of the show.
At the end of the presentation Kevin fumbled with the iPhone again and restarted the video.
We've moved on shouted Peter- stop the video!
I can't , said Kevin.
There must be a pause button ,cried Peter.
Oh yeah , replied Kevin.
I really want to spend money with these two plonkers.
I suppose easily done, they're only 270 km between Zurich and Munich. :ROFLMAO:

I can't understand why any brand would want their watches associated with these two. :unsure:

I know I've said it a dozen times so apologies for repetition, however it's the 'just buy it right, just buy it!' guff that Peter S spouts that really grates me. To me, that sort of sales pitch maybe works and is suited to certain products e.g. dish cloths, bath towels, pots and pans and in a certain environment e.g. market stall or bargain store. However when selling products that are supposedly worth hundreds if not thousands in some cases, it does nothing but de-value the product and insult the viewer.

If they feature let's say 8 watches in a show, he might use that annoying phrase for 5-6 of the watches. If following his 'advice', you'd end up over-spending on more products than you need ... of course that's what they want you to do, I get that. However for those on a budget, serious debt issues could be looming.

He seems to be getting worse with his antics, coughing, spluttering, spray-talking. What endears him to viewers goodness only knows.

The openpay crap is just as bad.

Paul the other night on Create and Craft, was selling a card kit with something like 150 elements for £30.00 or £3.00 Over 10 openpays, to only then say Go and buy 3 sets it would still be under a tenner a month. Also he said you might as well add a cutting machine glue card etc
Certainly worth reiterating that even if Create and Craft usually has the best presenters (apart from those borrowed from Ideal World of course), generally speaking Create and Craft is by far the worst for encouraging people to buy products using Openpay that may never get returned because the purchaser wrongly thinks they might come in useful one day, including some very expensive die sets that have extremely limited usage in the real world. At least it's more likely that Chinese watch tat will be sent back after buyer's remorse a few days later.

Certainly worth reiterating that even if Create and Craft usually has the best presenters (apart from those borrowed from Ideal World of course), generally speaking Create and Craft is by far the worst for encouraging people to buy products using Openpay that may never get returned because the purchaser wrongly thinks they might come in useful one day, including some very expensive die sets that have extremely limited usage in the real world. At least it's more likely that Chinese watch tat will be sent back after buyer's remorse a few days later.
Something else I've noticed on C&C is they never discuss the amount of printer ink you'd need to buy if you were printing coloured sheets on a regular-ish basis. Some of the designs almost fill the page with colour. All very nice I'm sure, however for anyone that wants to use them a fair bit, you'd be replacing the ink cartridges every few days! If if using non-branded cartridges, the cost would soon add up!

I would imagine some would have invested in an ecotank printer. I have, and though it is an expensive outlay, the ink lasts ages, been printing a lot, and the ink is 3\4 gone after a year and a half. The replacements are £35.99 for all 4 bottles of ink.
That's interesting. I'm surprised they don't offer an ecotank printer for sale.

Latest posts

Back