Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if C&C don't offer one cause they want to avoid the ink usage thing altogether? Even though an ecotank printer would be relatively cheap to run.
the presenter will sometimes ask the guest, what kinda printer. They normally replie with ooh a cheap one will do.

Trouble with cheap printers, sometimes its cheaper to replace the printer than buy new cartridges.

Rgmt watches, lies started early 🤔 kept saying it was 300m wr when it says 200m on the dial 🤣

Peter with his probably the greatest watch show on tv this year. :ROFLMAO:

Also on the Terrian "one of the first in the UK to own" yeah unless you're a member of watchgang, it was one of their January watches.

Bordell with his crap - "Nubeo is a new brand, it launched here a few years ago on IW."

which is fine if he stopped there, but no he he to add, "but actually started in 2003"

Totally different and unrelated Nubeo Swiss brand that went bust, has no relevance to tonight's show.

Also "i'm constantly fighting with the Americans to get these across to the UK."

Why? Americans have sod all to do with the brand, They're a Chinese owned and made watch brand and their distributor, who runs all their brand webs sites, is in London.

RGMT having a GTLS tubed watch last night got me in a curious mood, which is bad, cause when I get curious I tend to turn into a right boring sod, with longer boring posts.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, Kev Reynolds takes great delight in telling us that GTLS tubes are really expensive, cause 1 gram of Tritium costs 25,000, can’t remember of the top of my head if it’s £s or $s but doesn’t really matter, so thought I would try and cost out how much the Tritium in a GTLS tube cost, roughly, very roughly.;):whistle:

So here my rough investigation into the cost of Tritium in a watch using Kev’s price, this could all be a load of crap, so If you see any errors, please let me know.

I gram of Tritium is $25,000 or £25,000 - source Kev Reynolds, Ideal World Vostok Europe shows.

9,650 curies in 1 gram of Tritium - Source Wiki “Tritium's specific activity is 9,650 curies per gram, (3.57×1014 Bq/g)”

1,000 millicuries in a curie.

So we have 9,650,000 millicuries in 1 gram of Tritium, which costs $25,000 or £25,000.

So 1 millicurie of Tritium costs $0.00259067357 or £0.00259067357.

There is 25 millicuries of Tritium used in a T25 GTLS tube watch {as stipulated under NRC (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission) license for Domestic use of Nuclear Material, that would be 25 millicuries total per watch, not tube, amount per tube will vary dependent on number of tubes}

There is 100 millicuries of Tritium used in a T100 GTLS tube watch {again as stipulated under NRC (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission) license for Domestic use of Nuclear Material, that would be 100 millicuries total per watch, not tube, amount per tube will vary dependent on number of tubes}

Therefore the cost of Tritium in 1 x T25 tubed watch is - $0.06476683937 or £0.06476683937.

The cost of Tritium in 1 x T100 tubed watch is - $0.25906735751 or £0.25906735751.

Ok, so there are more costs to making a GTLS tubes than just the Tritium, but old Kev always mention that Tritium is really, really expensive, hailing the 25,000 for a gram as a sign of its huge cost without ever mentioning just how much is actually used in a GTLS tube, when in fact the cost of Tritium itself seems to be relatively very little.

hopefully that didn't put you back to sleep this Monday morning. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
RGMT having a GTLS tubed watch last night got me in a curious mood, which is bad, cause when I get curious I tend to turn into a right boring sod, with longer boring posts.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Anyway, Kev Reynolds takes great delight in telling us that GTLS tubes are really expensive, cause 1 gram of Tritium costs 25,000, can’t remember of the top of my head if it’s £s or $s but doesn’t really matter, so thought I would try and cost out how much the Tritium in a GTLS tube cost, roughly, very roughly.;):whistle:

So here my rough investigation into the cost of Tritium in a watch using Kev’s price, this could all be a load of crap, so If you see any errors, please let me know.

I gram of Tritium is $25,000 or £25,000 - source Kev Reynolds, Ideal World Vostok Europe shows.

9,650 curies in 1 gram of Tritium - Source Wiki “Tritium's specific activity is 9,650 curies per gram, (3.57×1014 Bq/g)”

1,000 millicuries in a curie.

So we have 9,650,000 millicuries in 1 gram of Tritium, which costs $25,000 or £25,000.

So 1 millicurie of Tritium costs $0.00259067357 or £0.00259067357.

There is 25 millicuries of Tritium used in a T25 GTLS tube watch {as stipulated under NRC (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission) license for Domestic use of Nuclear Material, that would be 25 millicuries total per watch, not tube, amount per tube will vary dependent on number of tubes}

There is 100 millicuries of Tritium used in a T100 GTLS tube watch {again as stipulated under NRC (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission) license for Domestic use of Nuclear Material, that would be 100 millicuries total per watch, not tube, amount per tube will vary dependent on number of tubes}

Therefore the cost of Tritium in 1 x T25 tubed watch is - $0.06476683937 or £0.06476683937.

The cost of Tritium in 1 x T100 tubed watch is - $0.25906735751 or £0.25906735751.

Ok, so there are more costs to making a GTLS tubes than just the Tritium, but old Kev always mention that Tritium is really, really expensive, hailing the 25,000 for a gram as a sign of its huge cost without ever mentioning just how much is actually used in a GTLS tube, when in fact the cost of Tritium itself seems to be relatively very little.

hopefully that didn't put you back to sleep this Monday morning. :ROFLMAO:
lol, I'm waiting on you saying 'you lot up the back of the class, be QUIET!' followed by 'if x=$0.064 and y=Peter S, what does that make z? And NO CHEATING!'

Jokes aside, great post!

They spout stuff that's meaningless, and as we've said before with carefully chosen words to always give them an 'out.'

Bike show the other day 'we genuinely don't know when we'll get these back into stock!'

And what?!? So based on that statement it could be 12 months or 12 minutes until you're re-stocked with them???

Possibly this, probably that, could be the other, might be this, should be that ...

lol, I'm waiting on you saying 'you lot up the back of the class, be QUIET!' followed by 'if x=$0.064 and y=Peter S, what does that make z? And NO CHEATING!'

Jokes aside, great post!

Funny enough, It was actually 'shut up' not 'quiet' i used to say. ;):ROFLMAO:

Although i mentioned before, i worked in retail when i was a lot, lot younger, that was only a temp phase, the last 33 years of my working life were spent working as a Science Technician in a Secondary School, so was always in and out of classes, either setting demos out or doing them to the class for the teachers, so have had ample occasions to tell unruly cheeky teenagers to 'Shut Up' at the back of the class, and daily in the corridors, politely of course.:whistle: :ROFLMAO:

They spout stuff that's meaningless, and as we've said before with carefully chosen words to always give them an 'out.'

Bike show the other day 'we genuinely don't know when we'll get these back into stock!'

And what?!? So based on that statement it could be 12 months or 12 minutes until you're re-stocked with them???

Possibly this, probably that, could be the other, might be this, should be that ...

And they also hint that it probably won't be this price again, yet amazingly either it always is or is even cheaper.

And how many of the watches, were we told were only so low in price as they were introductory prices because the brand was launching on IW, yet a few years later the prices are still low, that's one helluva long introduction. :ROFLMAO:

Funny enough, It was actually 'shut up' not 'quiet' i used to say. ;):ROFLMAO:

Although i mentioned before, i worked in retail when i was a lot, lot younger, that was only a temp phase, the last 33 years of my working life were spent working as a Science Technician in a Secondary School, so was always in and out of classes, either setting demos out or doing them to the class for the teachers, so have had ample occasions to tell unruly cheeky teenagers to 'Shut Up' at the back of the class, and daily in the corridors, politely of course.:whistle: :ROFLMAO:
You could get a job with IW as the watch/tech/science expert :)

You would gradually change, whether you wanted to or not, you'd gradually be indoctrinated into the 'IW way of thinking.' Meaning you'd then be posting on here stuff like ...

Guys, listen, I really do mean this, I don't know when I'll next be posting on here, could be later this afternoon, could be next year. However, given I'm using a keyboard that has superlumanova on each key, I can type day or night :) Whoop WHOOP!!!

You forgot to check out yer basket(case).

Goiys, we are in meltdown, the phones, the web has gone bonkers. 2% of today's stock gone. Get in quick, these are gonna sellout.

Latest posts

Back