Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was just about to say he's been to the Kevin Reynolds school of presenting 🤣 Not seen a piece I like yet 🤔

Yeah, he's not the best, he's coming across as though he know a wee bit, but then in the next breath sounds like a rookie. :ROFLMAO:
None of my Roamers, and I've a heap of them :oops:, have featured in the show, apart from the Rockshell Chrono, but I have a different colour. The Searock is the best watch there spec wise, has the ETA 2824, but i preferred the blue or green dial which they don't have.

Oh god Loyden has emailed in. :ROFLMAO:

He hasn't actually explained about any of the watches in detail 🤔 he did mention Ronda movement early on, but keeps harping on about sapphire crystal, quality, Swiss etc, but then just describes what we can see, double markers at 12, date at 3, magnifier, etc, no actual details 😎 not impressed 🥺

He hasn't actually explained about any of the watches in detail 🤔 he did mention Ronda movement early on, but keeps harping on about sapphire crystal, quality, Swiss etc, but then just describes what we can see, double markers at 12, date at 3, magnifier, etc, no actual details 😎 not impressed 🥺
Their new guest appeared to know a fair amount about the watches EXCEPT for the movements but my guess is that he couldn't remember all the details therefore decided not to volunteer information that he wasn't sure of, in which case his actions were commendable under the circumstances. A solid first performance for him all things considered but as we know, guests start of with the best of intentions but over time they get sucked into the Ideal World lying machine and before they know it they're claiming "Swiss made" for any old Chinese tat ;)

I'll echo the comments above and say that what they showed tonight was generally very decent as expected - I could imagine wearing at least three of the Roamer watches they were selling (unthinkable for other watch brands featured on Ideal World), though if there had been a £399 Roamer automatic watch with the sexy green dial then I would have been all over it like Peter Simon does with (censored) (censored) (censored) (y)

Ah…the story of Jenny, again and again and again and again….Marvellous
She went over and above her job description tonight saying she had bought a garden recliner that they slotted in the show. They were selling for £99 for a pair but she had bought one from a garden centre for £150! She’d bought another pair from IW before the show.

Oh shut up 🤐

Their new guest appeared to know a fair amount about the watches EXCEPT for the movements but my guess is that he couldn't remember all the details therefore decided not to volunteer information that he wasn't sure of, in which case his actions were commendable under the circumstances. A solid first performance for him all things considered but as we know, guests start of with the best of intentions but over time they get sucked into the Ideal World lying machine and before they know it they're claiming "Swiss made" for any old Chinese tat ;)

I'll echo the comments above and say that what they showed tonight was generally very decent as expected - I could imagine wearing at least three of the Roamer watches they were selling (unthinkable for other watch brands featured on Ideal World), though if there had been a £399 Roamer automatic watch with the sexy green dial then I would have been all over it like Peter Simon does with (censored) (censored) (censored) (y)

Think that's fair assessment, as i said above, he seemed to start talking about a watch as though he knew a bit about watches then stammered a bit and seemed to retreat to looking more like a novice, I'm going to put it down to first show nerves. I did like that he was fairly honest about what "Swiss Made" means, non of the 100% made in Switzerland nonsense some of the others spout. We all know that apart from a very few of the big guns, ie Rolex etc, most Swiss brand's watches aren't 100% Swiss, they'll get their cases, packaging etc from China, but the important parts like movements, assembly, quality control etc is all "Swiss".

I'm not saying this applies to all IW viewers, however when it comes to the watch shows especially, I reckon the presenters and 'experts' could say almost anything. I equate it to someone with an IT background speaking to non-technical people.

So, to resolve the issue, I'm going to roll your computer back to Windows 95, this will remove the bugs in the system, however to make doubly sure I'll also give it a spray with flea-killer. I'll then install a hyper-lyper-ryper drive encrusted with moon gold, running a combo OS of Windows Vista and iOS with an Android overlay to maximise performance.

There's a serious point in there. When speaking to a largely uninformed audience, you can get away with almost anything and, essentially, exploit the poor suckers listening to you.

YOU'RE GETTING £2000 OF WATCH HERE FOR £299.99, DO NOT MISS OUT!!!

Think that's fair assessment, as i said above, he seemed to start talking about a watch as though he knew a bit about watches then stammered a bit and seemed to retreat to looking more like a novice, I'm going to put it down to first show nerves. I did like that he was fairly honest about what "Swiss Made" means, non of the 100% made in Switzerland nonsense some of the others spout. We all know that apart from a very few of the big guns, ie Rolex etc, most Swiss brand's watches aren't 100% Swiss, they'll get their cases, packaging etc from China, but the important parts like movements, assembly, quality control etc is all "Swiss".
All joking aside, how do we know what goes on behind closed doors? If the experts remain too honest, it's perfectly conceivable they're spoken to, in a warm cuddly way of course, advising them there's no need to remain fully on point with every detail. 'Let's just have fun with it ...'

I'll use another one of my analogies. A car salesperson maybe knows the engine in a particular model was developed a decade ago and is essentially old technology. However, if they are honest with customers on that point, they could lose sales. So, the sales manager might advise them to gloss over that fact to maximise sales.

I'm not saying this applies to all IW viewers, however when it comes to the watch shows especially, I reckon the presenters and 'experts' could say almost anything. I equate it to someone with an IT background speaking to non-technical people.

So, to resolve the issue, I'm going to roll your computer back to Windows 95, this will remove the bugs in the system, however to make doubly sure I'll also give it a spray with flea-killer. I'll then install a hyper-lyper-ryper drive encrusted with moon gold, running a combo OS of Windows Vista and iOS with an Android overlay to maximise performance.

There's a serious point in there. When speaking to a largely uninformed audience, you can get away with almost anything and, essentially, exploit the poor suckers listening to you.

YOU'RE GETTING £2000 OF WATCH HERE FOR £299.99, DO NOT MISS OUT!!!

Judging by the revues and how much certain products appear (i say appear as we don't really know, but they are obviously selling stuff as their yearly sales figures have increased quite a bit) to be selling, i would say it's quite a lot of their customers. But i think it's the same society wide, far too many folk seem to be easily lead by adverts, influencers and following what this and that celebs wear/buy, the worlds gone crazy.:ROFLMAO:

Oh wonder if i should get a Boneco fan, Sorry Jess said it's not a fan it's air circulator even though Boneco call it a Fan, seemingly according to Jess there's an amber warning for the heat, and everybody is clamoring to get one. Should I, should I not, after listening to Jess i'm worried if i will survive the sweltering 17 degrees here today, and it is forecast to go to thermometer bursting 19 over the next few days, what should i do? :unsure:Think i'll just stick to opening the windows and a cheap asda fan. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Oh and as for Alan's story about the new Bonecos not meant to be out till next year, but they posted a pick of it on their web site by mistake so they had to release it early and IW got some rushed over, what a load of cobblers. Amazon have been selling the new ones for about 4 months, even youtube videos of them from being purchased earlier this year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They spout stuff that's meaningless, and as we've said before with carefully chosen words to always give them an 'out.'

Bike show the other day 'we genuinely don't know when we'll get these back into stock!'

And what?!? So based on that statement it could be 12 months or 12 minutes until you're re-stocked with them???

Possibly this, probably that, could be the other, might be this, should be that ...
This kind of statement always bugs me too. The implication, of course, is that they might not be getting any more, but that really does not follow from the statement ‘we genuinely don’t know when we’ll get these back in stock’. I mean, I genuinely don’t know how Peter Simon is in gainful employment, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t. His bank balance, I am sure, gains from his employment, even if his viewers might be all the poorer for it.

I am having a very strong need to hear the story of Jenny again. You know - the one with the metal cranium, the rubber stomachs and the plastic knee caps. I must hear this story, in full, at least 10 times a day on a loop. I demand more coverage on Exemplar Planet..
The story reminds me of Lloyd Bridges’ character, the old Admiral, in the Charlie Sheen film ‘Hot Shots’. Over the course of the film, the Admiral (very accident prone) revealed that almost all his body parts had been removed in various wars. His most essential bits were ceramic, having been shot off in Okinawa. For some reason, he never seemed to me to be an ideal candidate to sell goods on shopping telly.
Mind you, neither does Peter Simon…

Oh wonder if i should get a Boneco fan, Sorry Jess said it's not a fan it's air circulator even though Boneco call it a Fan, seemingly according to Jess there's an amber warning for the heat, and everybody is clamoring to get one. Should I, should I not, after listening to Jess i'm worried if i will survive the sweltering 17 degrees here today, and it is forecast to go to thermometer bursting 19 over the next few days, what should i do? :unsure:Think i'll just stick to opening the windows and a cheap asda fan. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Oh and as for Alan's story about the new Bonecos not meant to be out till next year, but they posted a pick of it on their web site by mistake so they had to release it early and IW got some rushed over, what a load of cobblers. Amazon have been selling the new ones for about 4 months, even youtube videos of them from being purchased earlier this year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Can't watch Jess for more than a couple of mins. Her voice grates on me, the over use of faux sincere faces, she's gone 'full IW' these days. Caught a bit of her the other night, selling a beauty product at whatever price. 'It's only £4.99 if you go for open-pay and use the maximum payments, so you might want to do that and buy a few for presents, helps keep your costs down.'

It's disgusting sales techniques if you ask me. Encouraging viewers to buy buy buy.

Mike M selling watches last night, let's say one of them was selling for £149 going back up to £299. He comes out with this

I get to see the watches before the show. When I saw this one, I assumed £299 was the price we'd be doing it for. So now I see we're doing it for £149 and I think, really? Guys, I've got to be honest wiv ya, I think someone upstairs has made a mistake on this one, but we've got to honour the price so if I was you, I'd grab one now!

Why do they insist spouting this GUFF?!? Jeez, they must employ really sh1t back-office staff as they seem to make pricing mistakes on a daily basis :) :) :)

Ha Ha HAAaaa. Me smells BULLSH1T

The story reminds me of Lloyd Bridges’ character, the old Admiral, in the Charlie Sheen film ‘Hot Shots’. Over the course of the film, the Admiral (very accident prone) revealed that almost all his body parts had been removed in various wars. His most essential bits were ceramic, having been shot off in Okinawa. For some reason, he never seemed to me to be an ideal candidate to sell goods on shopping telly.
Mind you, neither does Peter Simon…
That's an insult to Tug Benson. Comparing him to that.

Latest posts

Back