Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter on the watch with the Swiss movement - "we think the movement alone at that money."

Oh Peter, even if it came out of Ronda's Swiss factory, and not it's Thailand factory, it'll only cost Solar time approx £10 for that movement. ;):ROFLMAO:
The big date on that Ronda movement needs resetting at the end of every month. Instead of flipping to 01 after 31, it counts up to 39, then 00, then 01:oops::ROFLMAO:

well Bordell just said he's been in the industry nearly 30 years, which means Peter has to have been selling for nearly 50 years for Peter's math to work. ;):ROFLMAO:
But peter has said he has been on selly telly for just over 30 years (bid tv was founded in1999), back to school for maths lessons for the both of them.

Bordell sits there all dressed up in his pinstriped suit, tie etc, trying to make himself look sophisticated, well heeled etc, but at the end of the day a conman dressed up to the nines is still just a conman.

Anybody heard him mention China yet? I've Heard Britain, Switzerland and America mentioned, but might have missed him saying China. Would be very strange, for a reputable watch retailer, that in 90 minutes of selling watches that not once is the country of origin mentioned. ;):ROFLMAO:

Peter on the Manta Gradient - "these are absolute kudos, beasts of American design and engineering watching."

What's American Design and Engineering got to do with it, their Chinese.:rolleyes:

Oh and Bordell on the same watch "when Nubeo launched in 2003 amongst other avant garde brands, they had they're own look and they've continued that."

No they didn't, they went bust.

That just an irrelevant statement from Bordell to con viewers into thinking the present day Nubeo is connected with the original Swiss Nubeo, which they are not. As i said, he may get dressed up like a flashy prat, but he's still a conman.

I absoluitely detest these conmen, always trying to deceive and lie to get honest hard working folk to part with their money under false pretenses, scum of the earth. :mad:

I'd never heard the term before🤔 thought it was just a domed crystal 🤫

You wouldn't, it's just a term Peter and Kev used when describing the Edmund watch, with the domed sapphire crystal and blue dial, Peter started saying it reminded him of Bombay blue sapphire glass, ever since then any watch looking similar with a domed crystal he says it has a bombay glass crystal, which they don't. he's just an ignorant imbecile. ;):ROFLMAO:

You wouldn't, it's just a term Peter and Kev used when describing the Edmund watch, with the domed sapphire crystal and blue dial, Peter started saying it reminded him of Bombay blue sapphire glass, ever since then any watch looking similar with a domed crystal he says it has a bombay glass crystal, which they don't. he's just an ignorant imbecile. ;):ROFLMAO:
Ha thanks, that'll be why, another made up horological term, like calling the dial a facia🤔 dose my head in. Its a dial😬

Here we go again, 4mm Bombay Sapphire glass. :ROFLMAO:

(I wonder if they cut up a Bombay Sapphire gin bottle to come up with Bombay sapphire Glass) ;) :ROFLMAO:

I like Mathey-Tissot, but not liking that watch, don't like the big dome and not liking hands or the propellor design on the dial.

And why such a big domed crystal for 400mtr, I've a 600mtr Chris Ward and the crystal is nowhere near as bulky looking as that.

World Exclusive Lunokod 2, first in the world to see or own declares Peter.

or maybe not ;)

Peter spitting over the watches again. :sick:

Kev on the Almaz watches with the power reserve - "really, really exclusive guys, only 100 ever made and we don't have anything like that stock, this was made for a certain person, they didn't sell them all so i bought the entire stock because i love this watch."

Ok Kev, i know it's your son's site, but if he's selling them then it's not really an exclusive for IW, now is it.

PS

Ideal World if one of your minions is reading can we please get an honest watch show without misinformation and lies, please. :)

I see Kev making an arse of Peter over the demonstrating the functions of the Lunokhod 2 watch, laughing at him as he messed up and saying things like even a chimp could wear and operate it, laugh is Kev's should look at himself first, the way he was instructing Peter would have confused ****** Einstein let alone Peter Simon.:rolleyes:

Peter S left and has been replaced with a prototype droid, it's a joint venture between NASA and Swan & Edgar. If you're lucky, every now and again he reboots live on air so you might catch that happening. You'll know it is cause he pauses for a few secs and then says 'that's one small step for man ...' as he boots back up.

Yes Rob broke Hollywood ... but only the famous sign on the mountainside. He was there on holiday a few months back and tripped, rolled over, hit the big letter 'd' knocking it out the ground. So for a few days tourists though they were in somewhere called 'Hollywoo'

No, the whoop whoop machine is still a twat.

Oh and Mike M still hasn't been able to secure one of the 'unique' barrel/drum watches they sell, even though they rarely sell out.
Cheeky Chappie, your post is not correct. It wasn't Hollywood with Rob, it was Cricklewood🤣 (and he didn't even do that well there!)

Is it just me but what the hell has happened to IW's website?! It seems to bear little or no resemblance to the channel. I rarely watch any more because of the watch overload, but it's still a place I would shop as in in the past, things I've bought from them have been good quality for a good price. Type something in to the website now and literally thousands of items come up, stuff I didn't even know they sold. The website's a total mess now, and whilst it's good to see them selling more than just pressure washers and watches, I wish they'd concentrate upon revitalising the tv side of the business instead of flooding the website with all manner of stuff!

'Probably the best watch show in the world tonight ...'

'The watches we're about to show you are probably some of the best in the world ...'

What a load of old sh1t. If you interject claims with words like probably, it essentially means nothing. Talk about being in selly telly 'covering ourselves' mode.

Some of my probably statements ...

I reckon I'm probably the best looking guy in the world.
I reckon the car I drive (12 year old standard hatchback) is probably the best car in the world.
I reckon I probably do the loudest farts in the world.

Latest posts

Back