Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wish they would cut out the "these are Swiss Made watches", we get it they're Swiss Made.

As for the price, contrary to what the two muppets are saying, you can find Swiss watches at these prices, Wenger make heaps at these price points, Mondaine & Swiss Military by Hanowa also offer at these prices, Mathey-Tissot have a few as well on Amazon, so it's not unusual.

And I notice the address for Jacques Du Manoiron on his certificate (for the right to have the Swiss Flag) in the frame, is the same address as Roamer in Wallbach, Switzerland, maybe Roamer are assembling their watches for them.

You keep mentioning viewers and brains/logic, sadly think those qualities are in short supply with IW viewers. ;) :ROFLMAO:

I don't know about others here, but me personally this check out your baskets every 5 secs would make me more determined NOT to order something rather than make me order quicker. For me it's a bit like when you go into a shop and a salesperson is asking if they can help you before you've had a chance to look around, my usual response is no thanks and turn about and leave, hate pushy sales folk.
100% agree

You can tell by looking at Peter S's face that even he knows when he's talking bull. On the watch show last night he mentioned to the guest expert that he'd gone into a jeweler / watch retailer asking for a watch with a (53mm?) case. They advised him they 'could' supply this, however he'd need to wait approx. 12 months for the watch as they need to make the case from scratch. Or something like that.

He then went on to say to the guest (they were flogging a watch with the same case size as his story) along the lines of 'I suppose this is the same with this, right?' however he had a sort of screwed up facial expression when saying it, like we do when we kind of know we're talking sh1te.

The guest replied with something like 'emmm, well, we have this size in stock, but you're right in that we never have much of them ...' obviously trying to salvage some sort of decent reply to the stupid question.

AND WHY DOES PETER SHOUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH HIS PRESENTATIONS?!?

The wonderful Jenny and her story. The story of Jenny. Jenny’s story. I haven’t heard it for all of five minutes since the last time I heard it as part of my torture therapy at Guantanamo Bay. But what a phantasmagorical story - The Story of Jenny. Two knees made of phosphorus. And one knee made of cotton wool. 500000 steps a day. She doesn’t look a day over 90 - even though she is 65. I’m getting withdrawal symptoms. Please - The Story of Jenny once more. I beseech you in the bowels of Christ. Just once more..

The toys guy was on the other night promoting a GPS drone. He keeps bleating on about £800-£1000 drones that theirs has the same features as. Fine if that's true. However whilst features might be the same, the quality of components can be vastly different ;)

I can't recall what price IW were doing theirs at during the show, although the GPS model is currently £179.99 on their website. He said a few times 'get yourself on Google and do some searching for a GPS drone with 1080p camera ... good luck with the prices!' Boy was he confident.

Emmm, okay then ... (and this one has a 4K camera ;))

The toys guy was on the other night promoting a GPS drone. He keeps bleating on about £800-£1000 drones that theirs has the same features as. Fine if that's true. However whilst features might be the same, the quality of components can be vastly different ;)

I can't recall what price IW were doing theirs at during the show, although the GPS model is currently £179.99 on their website. He said a few times 'get yourself on Google and do some searching for a GPS drone with 1080p camera ... good luck with the prices!' Boy was he confident.

Emmm, okay then ... (and this one has a 4K camera ;))

He such an annoying, unlikable guy, and he has only one dress style, crew neck jumper/sweatshirt, Jeans, black trainers/shoes, I thought i used to boring cloths wise, but he's worse. :ROFLMAO:

BTW, Loads on Ali ;)

PS is definitely out of it 🤣 keeps trying to go back to his" comedy" routines 😂

Missed most of the watch show, but he was on later with Simon Iles, both of them were in their comedy mode, they were probably hoping the late night drunks find them funny as i can't believe anyone else would, they were as funny as a hole in the head.

I hopped on last night and he was just saying, sorry shouting, single word sentences.

SWISS!
MILANESEY!
SWISS
SWISS

£30!
4 FLEXIS!
SWISS
CHECKOUT!

Joking aside, for a few secs that's genuinely the way it went.

Nothing truly Swiss about last night's show, the closest thing was the "Swiss movements" in the Infinity Swiss Watches, but in reality they aren't really Swiss either, just a Chinese movement shipped unassembled to Switzerland, assembled with a minor part changed so value means it can cheat the Swiss movement guidelines, and shipped back to China for fitting into watch.

At the moment it's really hard to find out who actually makes these Swiss horological wonders from Infinity Swiss, their web site is just a "coming soon", trademark belongs to Brand Names Watches International, who seem to be based in Miami, which would make sense as that's where The Swiss Legend watches & Lucien Piccard brands were when owned by the Late Swiss Watch international, probably the new owners are involved with Infinity also.

Latest posts

Back