Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't normally watch the watch shows but I've just flicked over and caught Mason on the Heritor show just in time to hear him say about the Winthrop model "We've also got it in black/gold as well...The black/gold is not a working sample guys. It's a model watch we've been sent to show you the different colouration." Ay ok Mike, whatever you say. You really mean it was fucked when we took it out the box which shows you how long it will last when you buy one and get it home! Between that and the ridiculously overinflated RRP's (£700 more than they're flogging them for) they really do think we're as big of a dickhead as they are.
In the scenario of IW watch shows, RRPs are almost if not completely meaningless.

I don't normally watch the watch shows but I've just flicked over and caught Mason on the Heritor show just in time to hear him say about the Winthrop model "We've also got it in black/gold as well...The black/gold is not a working sample guys. It's a model watch we've been sent to show you the different colouration." Ay ok Mike, whatever you say. You really mean it was fucked when we took it out the box which shows you how long it will last when you buy one and get it home! Between that and the ridiculously overinflated RRP's (£700 more than they're flogging them for) they really do think we're as big of a dickhead as they are.

If it had been a quartz watch, you could have put it down to needing a new battery, but with it having an automatic movement inside it and just moving the watch will get it going, then there is obviously something not right.

They've used that tactic before, think it was noddy, said the reason it was working was it's just for display and hasn't got the movement in it, which would have of been believable if there were no hands on the watch, but as there was hands and the hands need the movement to sit in place then his excuse was a lot of rubbish, just like Mason's.

I didn't watch much last night, have it recorded, but find it hard to watch Emma Boydell without throwing something at the TV, she's the biggest con artist out of all the so called watch experts, the amount of absolute :poop: she spouts is unbelievable, most of what she says is either completely wrong or intentionally misleading.

Look, I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea to occasionally wash carpets, however I do wonder how everyone survived back when carpets were never washed.

Talk about scaremongering.

Thing is they are dirty and full of bacteria 5 minutes after you've washed it.

A good clean every few years is fine, get the colour back a bit, but cleaning every few months is just so you buy more of the cleaning solutions. ;) Main (important) thing is to hoover regularly, need to remove the dirt and fibres that gets stuck in the bottom of pile, which adds to the wearing, over and above normal wearing, of the carpet over time.

Just watch a bit of last night's Heritor show.

Mason said he loves Heritor's uniqueness.

I love their uniqueness too, those designers at Heritor must have spent months designing this beauty.

Heritor Edgard

Heritor.jpg

or maybe not, no need to employ designers when you just pinch other folks designs, if you go searching the web you can see what watches they are pinching their ideas for all their watches from. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Zodiac Seawolf

Zodiac seawolf.jpg

Shreque telling viewers that the phone lines "are in meltdown" for the ceramic radiators not long before bringing on Peter with his temperature probes and heat-sensitive camera, which doesn't make sense* because if they were truly inundated with orders then they wouldn't have to bore us with Peter showing the radiators heating up, etc., and simply move on to demonstrating another product such as clothing/watches/Yet Another Treadmill/etc.

*He's lying of course

Mason morally pontificating in a Christmas hat on a treadmill. Somebody up the speed to 100 mph, please. “We usually sell this at £400,” he says. Just when, exactly? The never ending treadmill story of Jenny. Wonderful Jenny. Tell us your story again, Jenny. Mildly more entertaining than disembowelment without a general anaesthetic. Mason taking the he is an ‘older person’ stance to ramp up the empathetic ticket. Just how many more times can they show this item? Any products they once had, loosely connected to technology, seem to have disappeared, so I guess we are stuck with this, and one or two other items they have to repeat ad infinitum.

I hopped on last night and Paul B was doing a heating show with Peter V. Peter comes out with this classic piece of advice ...

Yes they can be wall mounted. And, because they're not wired or plumbed in, you can simply take them off the wall when you move house and ...

Paul sort of butts in ...

And take your investment with you!

Peter nods. MMmmm, I wonder how that would go down when selling your house? On the sales blurb 'No central heating, actually no heating at all.'

Ha Ha HAaaaa, GREAT advice IW :) :) :)

Julie is it? The agency model with awful feet, according to her, that used to model, and of course buy, every pair of Flyflots going. She had a rest from feet and because her right eyebrow is higher than her left, someone got her in to demonstrate the Dermawand. Poor sales probably got that scrubbed off the list for a while but she was back last night on the tiny treadmill.

She was buying one because……yeah, she also has a dodgy knee 🙄

Julie is it? The agency model with awful feet, according to her, that used to model, and of course buy, every pair of Flyflots going. She had a rest from feet and because her right eyebrow is higher than her left, someone got her in to demonstrate the Dermawand. Poor sales probably got that scrubbed off the list for a while but she was back last night on the tiny treadmill.

She was buying one because……yeah, she also has a dodgy knee 🙄
Yeah, it looks kind of narrow to me. I'm thinking about getting a treadmill as I do zero exercise these days, however I'd want one that's a few cm wider.

Yeah, it looks kind of narrow to me. I'm thinking about getting a treadmill as I do zero exercise these days, however I'd want one that's a few cm wider.
I’d love one too for excerise. No dodgy knee as yet.

It looks so narrow and not a great length to it. I’m surprised they don’t trip themselves up

You don't even have to watch full shows. Hop on for just a few mins here and there and there's nearly always something cropping up that's worthy of putting on here!

It's just one long con job. Every show has either misinformation or outright deliberate lies.

You expect an odd exaggeration or even a genuine mistake regarding brand or product info on selly telly, but not on IW, it's a constant flow of over the top exaggeration, misinformation and lies and all their presenters and guests are guilty and complicity with the deceitful behaviour.

Every product they sell is the bestest money can buy, top quality, nothing is just your average quality.

And this morning Sally saying Elizabeth Grant is the best anti-aging product for your face she knows cause she's been using it for a week, yet on Tuesday, it was KDerm she's definitely buying, as while researching it's properties the night before for the show, she was convinced this is the anti-aging product to go for. It's like forget what we say on any other show, even if we're continually contradicting ourselves, just believe what we say in this show and buy.

It's just one long con job. Every show has either misinformation or outright deliberate lies.

You expect an odd exaggeration or even a genuine mistake regarding brand or product info on selly telly, but not on IW, it's a constant flow of over the top exaggeration, misinformation and lies and all their presenters and guests are guilty and complicity with the deceitful behaviour.

Every product they sell is the bestest money can buy, top quality, nothing is just your average quality.

And this morning Sally saying Elizabeth Grant is the best anti-aging product for your face she knows cause she's been using it for a week, yet on Tuesday, it was KDerm she's definitely buying, as while researching it's properties the night before for the show, she was convinced this is the anti-aging product to go for. It's like forget what we say on any other show, even if we're continually contradicting ourselves, just believe what we say in this show and buy.
She’s only been using it a week?!!

EG has been there as long as she has and she’s never used it in all that time? Till last week 😁

I’d love one too for excerise. No dodgy knee as yet.

It looks so narrow and not a great length to it. I’m surprised they don’t trip themselves up
I don't even say this as a joke, x months back when presenting a treadmill show, Peter S did! He didn't fall over but the side of his foot caught the plastic (stationary) piece at the edge of the moving treadmill, causing a little stumble.

I don't even say this as a joke, x months back when presenting a treadmill show, Peter S did! He didn't fall over but the side of his foot caught the plastic (stationary) piece at the edge of the moving treadmill, causing a little stumble.
Well if anyone’s going to do it, it’s that idiot

Latest posts

Back