Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He’s in his spare room right now formulating cosmetics
Years ago, on BBC1, there was a reality tv show called ‘Paddington Green’. There was an old guy on that show who was, he claimed, making ‘anti-aging lotion’ which he seemed to keep in a jar behind his hot water tank. Needless to say, it looked gross- I had nightmares about exactly how he was producing the stuff - and he looked at least 93 (but I think was in his 70’s).
Now, of course, he’d be straight down to the Peterborough studios, and the IW team would be proclaiming it a wonder cream. And we’d still wonder exactly how he was making it….and why he looked just a bit more shrivelled, every week…

Peter Simon was reminiscing about his supposed friendship and working relationship with the late Tommy Cooper on the ITV Sodastream show last night. As usual this consisted of vague references, with no specific details that could be verified.

There is a definite patttern when Peter Simon reflects on his 'showbuisness' past: a name or event will be mentioned, there will be a generalised sentimental 'memory', but there will never be anything substantial that could be confirmed by research. I once heard him talk about his time in Las Vegas, implying that he was appearing as some sort of act. A friend who is something of an encyclopedia on the history of Vegas and its many artists, was quick to give his verdict on Peter Simon's Las Vegas appearances: the name Peter Simon had never once appeared in all his years of research.

I would suggest that Peter Simon's reflections on showbusiness are, for the most part, a complete fantasy, designed to create a mythology around his past, and act as a useful filler when he's not spouting lies about the products he's selling.

Peter Simon was reminiscing about his supposed friendship and working relationship with the late Tommy Cooper on the ITV Sodastream show last night. As usual this consisted of vague references, with no specific details that could be verified.

There is a definite patttern when Peter Simon reflects on his 'showbuisness' past: a name or event will be mentioned, there will be a generalised sentimental 'memory', but there will never be anything substantial that could be confirmed by research. I once heard him talk about his time in Las Vegas, implying that he was appearing as some sort of act. A friend who is something of an encyclopedia on the history of Vegas and its many artists, was quick to give his verdict on Peter Simon's Las Vegas appearances: the name Peter Simon had never once appeared in all his years of research.

I would suggest that Peter Simon's reflections on showbusiness are, for the most part, a complete fantasy, designed to create a mythology around his past, and act as a useful filler when he's not spouting lies about the products he's selling.
I'm sure last week I heard him say something about Sunday Night at the London Palladium, inferring some sort of connection. I have my doubts ... serious doubts ;) Maybe he worked on the confectionary stall?

Ok, the quantities could be fake, I get that. But at least TJC often put sold quantities up during an 'auction' and stock quantity remaining. All we get from IW is vague references that essentially mean nothing.

Mason's standard stock update for the viewers - "How much have we got left, is that it, wow."

Which is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

At least last night we had a starting stock figure for Reynolds new specials, 20 off each finish, and all finishes are still available this morning, so obviously sold less than 20 of each.
I find it pretty mind blowing that there are any left at all, especially considering IW and Reynolds are the biggest distributors of Vostok Europe in all four corners of the world, and these had the NH72a movement which are, "usually reserved for Seiko high end luxury models", with only 20 off each available for the millions and millions of Vostok Europe collectors, who are normally causing a meltdown to get these fantastic timepieces you'd have expected a sell out in seconds. :unsure:

BTW the bit in bold was a load of crap, no Seiko high end luxury watch uses this movement, in fact no Seiko watch, high end or otherwise, uses this movement. These movements designate NH are for supply to third party brands and movement suppliers, and the ones in question come from Seiko's TMI in Hong Kong.

The only watch that Seiko do with a similar movement 4R71, is a Seiko Premier, done in collaboration with Novak Djokovic, but that not a luxury watch, can be had from £400 - £600, and the movement is slightly different, the NH equivalent would be the NH70a which has the different finishing. the 4R71 is made in Japan, the NH72a in the watches last night didn't state on the rotor where they were made, you can bet if it was Japan it would have been on the rotor, so it's probably from Malaysia.

This is really interesting because I recall reading on here (or the old Bid TV forum) him saying something like "during my Blue Peter days" which is pretty ambiguous. He didn't say "when I worked/appeared on Blue Peter". I could find no connection between him and the TV show.

Did he actually state he was referring to the well known actress? Because there could be a Debbie Reynolds who works at the local chippie🤣
😂 That’s what’s more believable but he was going on about films and filmstars during his ramble, ending with that little gem. It’s a wonder he didn’t mention Liz Taylor, maybe he’s saving that for another time 😂

"a Vintage Claro Swiss Movement" "Claro movements are becoming collectable"

So jonathon, you're saying the Claro CL 888 is a vintage collectable movement.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What a con artist.

What you meant to say Jonathon, Claro decided to offer a cheap Swiss movement alternative to ETA and Sellita, so they decided to import Chinese Seagull ST1612 movements, re-asssembled with a couple of small changes (as Swiss parts cost way more than the Chinese counterparts) to get over the 50% Swiss made, then tried to foul everyone into think they had genuine Swiss Movements.

One of their counter stories to combat the not really Swiss stories that were made about the movement, were that the ST1612 was actually copied from a Swiss movement originally so basically although it's a Chinese movement it is just a Swiss copy, but that was wrong as the ST1612 is actually based on the Miyota 8215 but with hacking.

Told you, expect bullshit.

Latest posts

Back