Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Watching Mike selling the flipping radiators.

Do we really believe all the presenters don’t have central Heating and drag those bloddy things around the house. Was watching the previous show, Drones Gen said go and buy 4 of the things, She called Peter V a heating expert before the end, she should know what Peter is expert in nothing.

I know Cheeky Chappie is going to tell me they are all saints.

I'm shouting at the telly again 🤭 on the Swan and Edgar, Mike Mason read out a "review" from a viewer called " Sunday edition" or something like that 😁 extolling the British heritage and build quality of his Swan and Edgar watch 😂 the poor deluded fool 🙄 he said he's keeping it for Christmas, just as well really as it might not last until then 😁 talk about name dropping, now it's Alan Turing 🙄

I'm shouting at the telly again 🤭 on the Swan and Edgar, Mike Mason read out a "review" from a viewer called " Sunday edition" or something like that 😁 extolling the British heritage and build quality of his Swan and Edgar watch 😂 the poor deluded fool 🙄 he said he's keeping it for Christmas, just as well really as it might not last until then 😁 talk about name dropping, now it's Alan Turing 🙄
The most objectionable part of that 'review' was that it referenced British manufacture.
Mason read it out in it's entirety..
They clearly imagine that if they are quoting someone else's words they are not culpable in passing a Chinese watch off as British - 'it's not me saying it guvnor -it's 'im'.
Well done Ideal World.

Another stupid excuse for cheap prices they keep coming out with, Swan & Edgar guys came out with it again last night, is they cut out the middle man by dealing with IW direct instead of the shops.:unsure:

But IW is a shop, just on TV and online, if they only sold direct to customers online then you could understand that argument, but as they are using a retailer to sell their watches than it's just a load of rubbish excuse to cover up that the products are just cheap to begin with, has sod all to do with cutting out middle men costs.

Ideal World are spending several million a year on TV broadcast licences which is a massive overhead compared to internet-only businesses so they have to sell a lot of matresses, treadmills and Swan and Edgar tat with ludicrously high profit margins to pay for them. Not defending their business model of course, and one day Ideal World will have to switch to online-only or go bust at some point.

Watching Mike selling the flipping radiators.

Do we really believe all the presenters don’t have central Heating and drag those bloddy things around the house. Was watching the previous show, Drones Gen said go and buy 4 of the things, She called Peter V a heating expert before the end, she should know what Peter is expert in nothing.

I know Cheeky Chappie is going to tell me they are all saints.
Mike said last night when selling the rads to the effect of 'you'll need to be quick guys cause I'm telling you, these will go, sell outs imminent ...'

Eh?!?

They've been selling them for around a week now if not more? So they're obviously not 'going' that quickly ;) Everything eventually gets to low stock if sold day in day out!

p.s. it gets better, now they're saying 'buy these to compliment your central heating'

Ha Ha HAaaaa. I'm not saying these rads don't have a place, but they can't get away from the fact that many houses now have central heating systems that are efficient and controllable. I'd be interested to know the cost difference between running 2,3,4 of these rads for the same time as running your central heating. Happy to be put in my place if the rads are a lot more cost effective. I know it can be worked out but I can't be ar5ed ;)

Would you really name your watch after some thing that is shot at!🤔🤔 about all it's fit for mind you😉

The swan and edgar tedious link to this watch has failed again, a quick search came up with this.
From the watch S&W website......Humanity has always been fascinated with pushing itself into the next stratosphere, and few were more fascinated than Patrick Young Alexander, for whom the Limited Edition Swan & Edgar Hand Assembled Alexander Target Glider Automatic Rose men’s watch is named. An early pioneer of aeronautics, he was respected among contemporaries that include the Wright Brothers and Charles Rolls, who gratefully engaged with Alexander during his lectures regarding heavier-than-air flight.

But.....Wiki states.....Patrick Alexander was respected by fellow aeronautical pioneers and knew Octave Chanute, the Wright brothers, Alberto Santos-Dumont, Lawrence Hargrave, Louis Blériot, Henry Farman, Ferdinand von Zeppelin, Charles Rolls of Rolls-Royce and Major Baden Baden-Powell,

Patrick Alexander died on 7 July 1943, almost penniless — having given most of his money away. Today, he is not well known, having failed to make any singular, lasting contribution to aviation.
So why the Jet plane logo on the watch.:unsure:

Was I imagining things, or did they have ‘Mann Egerton’ watches being flogged on air a few days ago? Mann Egerton? I used to have my Renault 21’s faults regularly checked by Mann Egerton in Northampton back in the late 1980s. Are they doing premier timepieces named after East Midlands’ former car dealers now?
Lol, you're not imagining things ;) pop back to page 805.

Peter speaking a load of rubbish again, the wires and battery on the face have nothing to do with the watch movement, they are just there for show. It's a small £5 miyota movement, and separately a few LEDs fitted in a circuit round the dial powered by a different battery to the movement.
Yeah they look different, but there is nothing horologically special about them, it's the cheapest quartz movement and a flashy dial, it's all show, if you like that fine, but as i said the wiring/LEDs have nothing to do with the timekeeping/movement, all style no substance. ;):)

Latest posts

Back