Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Resident genius Reg Varney was on with the Will Writing man , who was talking about Lasting Power Of Attorney.
Reg blurted out that he had phoned the phone company on his dad's behalf , and they said they needed to speak to the account holder. ( It was all made up of course )
He reckoned that if his dad had arranged LPA the phone company would have spoken to him.
The will man looked at Reg with a look of pity and contempt and Reg went red.

Only saw the first few watches, but no mention of the fourth gmt hand. If was a true 24hr gmt hand that could be set independently (against the 24 her rehaut)of the current time would be a note worthy feature.
Annoys me the way they always refer you to the Internet to tell you how it works on the compass bezel model, or a tachymeter model etc.
Your the "expert" show us how they work and while I'm at it 😬 stop calling bezels as a complication. To the best of my knowledge complications are movement based over and above the 3 standard hands. 😉

That's because they are ignorant of how watches and the different functions/bezels work, yeah they'll be able to prattle on some very, very basic stuff, but anything in-depth and they're lost and it looks bad, these so called experts are just frauds and actually leave the casual viewers more confused/ignorant than they are at the start of the sales pitch and give viewers the totally wrong idea/impression of what capabilities the watch actually has or hasn't. Probably why Kevin Reynolds, is probably the best of a bad bunch as he knows a wee bit more, but even he shows his ignorance at times and comes out with some right crap.;)
But as to the GMT watch, no way were these two going explain how to use the basic GMT function on that watch, let alone in association with the time zones bezel, same goes for Compass or tachymeter features, it's well beyond their level of expertise. ;):ROFLMAO: As for the movement, she said it was a Swiss Ronda, so was probably the Ronda 515-24H or 505-24H, which will allow you to set the GMT hand independently, but the fact they didn't have Swiss on the dial, i highly doubt they came assembled from Ronda's Stabio Facility in Switzerland, more likely from Ronda's Hong Kong offices (assembled in Thailand) which provides cheaper movements for the Far East watch makers for their faux Swiss made watches.

Resident genius Reg Varney was on with the Will Writing man , who was talking about Lasting Power Of Attorney.
Reg blurted out that he had phoned the phone company on his dad's behalf , and they said they needed to speak to the account holder. ( It was all made up of course )
He reckoned that if his dad had arranged LPA the phone company would have spoken to him.

Yeah they would have, but he doesn't need an LPA for the phone company to speak to him, he just needed his name to be added to his father's account (like a dual account holder) with the phone company, which would have been a lot faster and cheaper than applying for an LPA and then setting it up with the phone company. :ROFLMAO:

I had that same problem when dealing with utility companies when my mother started losing her hearing, and they are used to these kind of situations and have solutions without needing LPAs, although eventually needed an LPA when she developed dementia, you need that authority then, especially when dealing with NHS / Council / Banks etc and making decissions regarding health issues / well being / finances etc.

“I’m 95, but I don’t look it.” No, it’s not Simons Peter or My Name is Den. The person making the statement is Elizabeth Grant. No, she doesn’t look 95. She looks 105. Well, not really. She could certainly knock a decade or so off. But not as much as they knock off her Ultimate Christmas 10 Piece Collection. £444.90 Combined Price reduced to £69.99. Has it ever been sold at £444.90 on Ideal World or anywhere?

Her looking good for 95 is more to do with her state of health rather than skin cream. ;) I always find it odd, that all these people proclaiming how great all these skin creams/serums are then cover up their skin with massive amounts of make up/cosmetics, surely if you made your skin look so good you'd show it off not cover it up. :unsure:

Yeah they do sell it at the dearer price, whether anybody buys the items is anyone's guess, but i highly doubt they sell many, surely not that many idiots out there that would be stupid enough to pay the inflated prices. When the products are not part of the on screen/live show schedule, they are still listed individually on IW web site but at the higher prices, same goes for a lot of the watches and other products IW sells.
Ideal also sell E.Grant through their ebay store, at far, far cheaper prices than their own web site, so one can only assume the dearer combined prices set up on their own IW web site is only there to catch out the odd idiot willing to pay those farcically high prices and to con the rest into thinking the high price is the true value.

Marvellous news. The Story of Jenny. Jenny’s Story. The NeverEnding Story of Jenny..Mason has decided to become 80 years of age for empathy reasons. His goddess…his wonderful boy, his creaking kn…patter…The Lowest Price Ever since the Last Lowest Price ever.. In all seriousness, having to keep doing this routine of tedium with this treadmill must be driving them all mad? Well, apart from Shot Knees Jenny, of course. I am sure she can think of nothing better than boring us all witless once more with her wonderful arthroscopic wit…

Well remember they are all getting paid for this this tedious routine, including the wonderful Jenny, money can be quite a good motivator. ;)

Personally would rather hear the story of someone who's only motivation was the improvement to their health/movement rather than someone that is being paid to use a treadmill for that improvement.

Her looking good for 95 is more to do with her state of health rather than skin cream. ;) I always find it odd, that all these people proclaiming how great all these skin creams/serums are then cover up their skin with massive amounts of make up/cosmetics, surely if you made your skin look so good you'd show it off not cover it up. :unsure:

Yeah they do sell it at the dearer price, whether anybody buys the items is anyone's guess, but i highly doubt they sell many, surely not that many idiots out there that would be stupid enough to pay the inflated prices. When the products are not part of the on screen/live show schedule, they are still listed individually on IW web site but at the higher prices, same goes for a lot of the watches and other products IW sells.
Ideal also sell E.Grant through their ebay store, at far, far cheaper prices than their own web site, so one can only assume the dearer combined prices set up on their own IW web site is only there to catch out the odd idiot willing to pay those farcically high prices and to con the rest into thinking the high price is the true value.
Cliché but good health generally comes from within and what we put into our bodies ... not the creams and potions we slap on it.

The brand ambassador has a face that's evidently been helped by more than creams ... and as they say when it comes to age, areas like the hands and neck don't lie ;)

I caught 2 mins and turned over. For no particular reason, I'm not into watching the wills and pension shows for any length of time. Plus, the faux sincere voices the presenters put on make me want to throw something at the screen.

Was he doing his WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP noises?!? Buy now, only single figures of wills left. The power of attorney's have sold out!

You have to laugh when Bev "the queen of clean", using the polti on the IW's big door mats, while all the time waffling on about the suction and how great it is, then they do a close and you can see plainly the amount of dirt it actually fails to suck up. As well as thick, IW must think their viewers are blind too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That Polti thing is not a patch on Henry. ;):)

Cliché but good health generally comes from within and what we put into our bodies ... not the creams and potions we slap on it.

The brand ambassador has a face that's evidently been helped by more than creams ... and as they say when it comes to age, areas like the hands and neck don't lie ;)

She's got some strange shaped eye brows, very weird looking. ;):ROFLMAO:

I caught 2 mins and turned over. For no particular reason, I'm not into watching the wills and pension shows for any length of time. Plus, the faux sincere voices the presenters put on make me want to throw something at the screen.

Was he doing his WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP noises?!? Buy now, only single figures of wills left. The power of attorney's have sold out!

There's a couple of things that kinda annoy me with these shows, with the Pension one is the lack of reminding or explaining clearly the cost, heard him say something once about charge 5%, but was that an annual charge or a one off, as i say the clarity on that subject is pretty lacking during the lure in story. And on the Will shows, they sometimes have this book you fill up with all your account details, usernames, passwords etc etc, just the kind off thing a thief would be glad to get their hands on.

It's pan time, Hayley's on just now, excited with a pan set likes she's just won the lottery, rummaging roughly with pans in a cupboard and stating it's scary and horrendous getting a pan out of a cupboard. :unsure:
Also never understood how all these pans sets will improve my cooking, as they always claim, a pan's a pan, it's who's doing the cooking that makes the difference. ;):ROFLMAO:

Also funny, how no matter the pretendy chef on duty, they all cook the same stuff and pretend this is what they cook all the time themselves at home.

My parents bought that Polti it was next to useless, he bought it around last Christmas, we still have it but it’s more of a last resort machine now

What i've always found is the cordless vacuum is fine for hard floors or a quick hoover of carpet and rugs, but need the Henry for getting a good hoovering of carpets and rugs, cordless always has trouble with the tiny threads/fluff that seems intent on sticking to the pile whereas Henry has that extra power needed for a better more thorough clean.

Hayley really is a halfwit.

Proclaiming "Market beating price" & "This bundle is exclusive to us"

Well Hayley, if it's exclusive to IW then it follows no matter what price you're selling at will be market beating as no one else is selling it. :ROFLMAO:

The price is so good she's thinking of buying another set. Really what's her and Shaun going to be cooking they need 8 frying pans, 6 sauce pans and 2 saute pans, must have a heck of size of oven and hob. :ROFLMAO:

What a wonderful Friday treat. An extravagance emporium of edifying efficaciousness with the king of unctuousness and master forelock tugger, Crawlerly. Wigs are flying out the door and off the head, he obsequiously simpers. He should be made to try them. Face on rather than head.

What a wonderful Friday treat. An extravagance emporium of edifying efficaciousness with the king of unctuousness and master forelock tugger, Crawlerly. Wigs are flying out the door and off the head, he obsequiously simpers. He should be made to try them. Face on rather than head.
Brilliant, you need to start writing for Peter S :)

It's pan time, Hayley's on just now, excited with a pan set likes she's just won the lottery, rummaging roughly with pans in a cupboard and stating it's scary and horrendous getting a pan out of a cupboard. :unsure:
Yeah, it's funny (not) that whatever they're selling, the current equivalent (that millions of people have been using for years/decades) is nearly always rubbish.

Any kitchen I've been in, people have always had their pots and pans stored away no problem.

I do wonder what my gran and her generation would make of the guff these presenters speak about needing this product, that product, the other product.

With the will shows, I'm surprised they don't have a couple of these dotted around the set to force the point home ...

skeleton.jpg

AGAIN it's the ****** radiators with the 2000w beldray with a 1* review on ideal worlds website, one customer has posted a photo that says heater must be 1m away from walls etc and only to be used for 4 hours at a time and must be totally cool before using again as the ceramic could crack.
So much for a replacement for your central heating.

MR BROD COLBOURNE

Not fit for purpose! So you can turn your central heating off and use this heater instead - really? Firstly it is not the revolutionary product implied but merely a modern take on a storage heater, a technology that has been around for many years. Secondly and more importantly it is” for occasional use only” according to the instruction book. Even worse the manufacturers are quite clear that it can not be used for more than 4 hours at a time after which it has to be switched off and allowed to cool completely before being used again. We are not told what horrors unfold if we dare to use it for longer (does the ceramic crack,does the insulation fail) who knows but the manufacturers are so convinced as to put a large label on the heater itself as well as the warning in the instruction book! If you do use it for more than 4 hours are the manufacturers going to turn down any warranty claim on the grounds that you have not used it according to the instructions ( i.e. misused)? Days in my part of the world are 24 hours long so a heater with such restrictions is useless. You’re better of with a cheap oil filled radiator or a fan heater.
Photo of product

Latest posts

Back