Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Keep it to yourselves. Schhh…Not a whisper…But if you tune in now you can hear the Story of Jenny.. How she was a trained circus performer and topless model clown who fell 500 feet from the high wire when she was juggling a custard pie without a harness at Billy Smart’s Summer Circus in Neasden in 1969. Shattering both knees, she was stepless and strapless for 42 years. Then, by some miracle, an out of date Ideal World Samsung S9 was able to create a new knees emoji for her, and from that point on, she’s told her story on repeat fees for nearing 10,000 occasions- significantly more times than steps..The Story of Jenny, on DVD, in all good charity shops from Monday

Samsung? Stepping up in the world.
Wor petey has had to hock his wileyfox to cex. He got 1p for it. But since you mentioned the Samsung, Yule is coming up 🤔.

And are actually Russian.

Vostoks aren't everybody's cup of tea especially the wobbly crown, but they are a genuine watchmaker, that as you say, has genuine history and heritage and doesn't need to con collectors with lies.

Vostoks are good fun, haven't posted a pic for a while so here's mine. :D

"Scuba dude", "Amphibian" (mod), "Neptune" and "Kirovskie K43"

View attachment 22429
Bottom right is my fave of those, my preference is cleaner simple lines.

Oh Mason with the usual - "how many have we got left?" pause for effect, then "is that it?" with no numbers given. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah it's laughably pathetic. Although it could no doubt be argued the numbers are fabricated, at least on TJC they show sold and remaining quantities. For all we know, if indeed anyone is actually answering them in their ear, the response is maybe 'We're down to 1000 and have sold 10.'

What makes it even more laughable is when they go though this routine for x days on the same product!!!

Monday 'These are about to go!!!'
Tuesday 'These are about to go!!!'
Wednesday 'These are about to go!!!'

etc etc

They eventually 'go' a week or so later, only for the product to return a week or so later. Ha Ha HAaaa.

:)

Please believe me this is true, and it backs up my claim you don't need to watch for long to see and hear some classic guff. I hopped on last night and it was the start of yet another drone show. Peter S says this ...

'Welcome to what is probably the best drone show on at present anywhere in the world!'

Then, he said something like this (I think it was maybe around 12.40am) ...

'No other retailer has these. I'll get told off for telling you this. ITV won't be joining us until 1.25am this morning. So if you're watching in the STV region, you can be the first in the WORLD to own one of these!!!'

What?!? First in the world to own for 40 mins until other parts of the UK can then buy?!?!? What an utterly STUPID thing to say!!!

In only 10 mins of viewing, if they mentioned '£800 to £1000 drones' once they mentioned it a dozen times.

Needless to say I then hopped back to proper telly ;)

Emma time.

Think they should be honest and tell the viewers that Emma's usual price doesn't actually appear very often as they are always having discounts on their web site.
And the savings IW are showing, aren't savings you will be making today, although IW have 46% discount, Emma themselves are running a 45% discount on their site, so actual savings is just a few pounds not the hundreds that IW are inferring.

Bottom right is my fave of those, my preference is cleaner simple lines.

That's cause it's the most expensive one, had to insure it, cost me a whopping £139, the other three ranged from £73-£91, for a genuine Russian made, Russian watch, with a 100% Russian movement, from a genuine Russian watchmaker located in Chistopol.
BTW All those watches are from the same watchmaker/brand, it's the same watchmaker that Kev Reynolds claimed had moved most of their workers from Moscow to Lithuanian to set up Vostok Europe, to be in the EU, even though Vostok had moved out of Moscow to Chistopol some 60 years earlier so were no longer in Moscow to move to Lithuanian, and of course we know Vostok Europe origins from Igor himself and it has nothing to do with Vostok workers moving to Lithuanian.;):ROFLMAO:

Are they short of products 1 hour and 30 minutes of Tefal Pan Set, with the odd job chef come help worker from IW, I notice the drone is on later

I've been having similar thoughts, maybe not so much on shortage of products, but more on sales maybe not as much as they had hoped, as they seemed to have dropped a lot of their prices lately.

I've been having similar thoughts, maybe not so much on shortage of products, but more on sales maybe not as much as they had hoped, as they seemed to have dropped a lot of their prices lately.
Fair enough. But why do they gabble on. Ooh these are selling well, think the last couple of days, these pans have had 3 hours of airtime, surely they should have sold out.

Peter calls Richard Mire a genius, I can think of many things to call Richard not sure if genius is one.

So say these drones will be top of the Christmas list for 2021, what just because they are sold on one channel. Also especially on Tech and Toys, I wonder if Peter actually knows what he is droning on about, get it droning on about, I should be on the stage

Peter - "bamix have just won the Swiss brand of the year 21/22"

Obviously Peter probably doesn't expect anybody to search the internet to see if that is correct.

The following info is from

Schweizer Institut fur Qualitatstests Gmbh (Swiss Institute for Quality Tests)

SWISS BRAND OF THE YEAR 2021/22

All brands/products

Bamix in the “Customer Satisfaction” category out of 158 brands: 120th (1st Caran d’Ache)

Bamix in the “Quality” category out of 158 brands: 85th (1st Caran d’Ache)

Bamix in the “price-performance” category out of 158 brands: 123rd (1st Swatch)

Now where they did better is in the sub catagories.

Bamix in the “Customer Satisfaction” category for Kitchen Appliances out of 5 brands: 3rd (1st Kuhn Rikon)

Bamix in the “Quality” category for Kitchen Appliances out of 5 brands: 2nd (1st Kuhn Rikon)

Peter calls Richard Mire a genius, I can think of many things to call Richard not sure if genius is one.

So say these drones will be top of the Christmas list for 2021, what just because they are sold on one channel. Also especially on Tech and Toys, I wonder if Peter actually knows what he is droning on about, get it droning on about, I should be on the stage
Eh?!?

But a couple of weeks back they were saying the same thing about the remote control car that spouts water mist from its arse?!?

Eh?!?

But a couple of weeks back they were saying the same thing about the remote control car that spouts water mist from its arse?!?

they were also saying they wouldn't have any more drones before xmas because of the supply problems so better check out now, yet they've had quite a few drone shows in the last two weeks since that last chance show.

Given the percentages of how many watches were being sold in stock updates during the Swan & Edgar graveyard shift show, then the ITV/STV audience must be full of drunks and brainless idiots, that's the only explanation i can think of for anybody falling for the utter crap being spouted by Varney and the Swan & Edgar guy during the show.

There are no words to truly describe what an egotistical, pathetic, lowlife con artist Varney is.

Do they ever mention that you need a licence for them?
The one they were flogging the other night Peter specifically said in his sincere voice to the camera that you did not need a licence for it because of its weight(?!?) Mind you he also said that Richard had been designing this particular drone for 3 years when we all know he just imports the shite from China!

Peter - "bamix have just won the Swiss brand of the year 21/22"

Obviously Peter probably doesn't expect anybody to search the internet to see if that is correct.

The following info is from

Schweizer Institut fur Qualitatstests Gmbh (Swiss Institute for Quality Tests)

SWISS BRAND OF THE YEAR 2021/22

All brands/products

Bamix in the “Customer Satisfaction” category out of 158 brands: 120th (1st Caran d’Ache)

Bamix in the “Quality” category out of 158 brands: 85th (1st Caran d’Ache)

Bamix in the “price-performance” category out of 158 brands: 123rd (1st Swatch)

Now where they did better is in the sub catagories.

Bamix in the “Customer Satisfaction” category for Kitchen Appliances out of 5 brands: 3rd (1st Kuhn Rikon)

Bamix in the “Quality” category for Kitchen Appliances out of 5 brands: 2nd (1st Kuhn Rikon)
Now this is the type of deception that they should have to broadcast an apology and correction for on air. That is a blatant lie told by the presenter (in this case Peter), and his chain of command who allowed him to tell the lie. It's no use the presenter saying they were just reading an autocue, if it comes out of their mouth on air, it must be true so they should have done their homework. If OFCOM has any teeth it would be worth complaining.

Latest posts

Back