Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What on earth is this Mann Egerton bloke on???? Crown guard to stop it popping out in a first world war aircraft? Very hard to machine a cyclops date window?? It's stuck on you muppet:ROFLMAO: He says lots without actually saying anything :rolleyes:
Just beat me Hammy
And don't forget the tonneau case is to emulate the shape of old cars apparently🤔 nothing to do with French for barrel shape then😂

That Mann Egerton promo hands down breaches ASA quidlines,
What on earth is this Mann Egerton bloke on???? Crown guard to stop it popping out in a first world war aircraft? Very hard to machine a cyclops date window?? It's stuck on you muppet:ROFLMAO: He says lots without actually saying anything :rolleyes:
Just beat me Hammy

only beat you because it's the same rubbish he used in the launch show a few weeks ago, so everything was still fresh in my mind.

They are definately breaching ASA guidelines tonight, they're driving a horse and cart through them with them implying Mann Egerton the engineering company and Mann Egerton, one of Baby Fields brands, are one and the same. There is no pretence or even a the slightest hint that they are not the same, even the pre recorded promo is breaching the guidelines. ****** cowboys.

If you're a fan of the submariner then the Mann Egerton Engineer watch is for you, so says Berky. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Berky really is a muppet.

As said previously, it's weird seeing Mann Egerton-branded watches when for many people the name was recently associated with car dealerships; would you seriously buy/wear a watch with Arnold Clark branding on the face unless it was a corporate giveaway? Mann Egerton may have once been a respected engineering company but clearly they were 'heavy' engineering-orientated as opposed to anything remotely resembling a pocket or wrist watch.

Den speaking on results from some studies done with proskins - "As television in your living rooms, we are very strictly guided and aren't allowed to give you erroneous information."

Actually Den, here's a more truthful statement you should have said - "As television in your living rooms, we are SUPPOSED to be very strictly guided and NOT allowed to give you erroneous information, but as ASA and OFCOM are spineless and a waste of space, we ignore those guidelines and do and say what we damn well please."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just beat me Hammy
He's on the same stuff as the Vickers Armstrongs watches guy, over on TJC at the moment. Same watches same total crap spouted but in maximum overdrive🤔 The company rep has really read the Fields selling manual😂 he's giving it everything and I mean everything,we love about the Field's sales patter🤭

TJC getting more in on the act. Selling Vickers Armstrong now. There seems to be a pattern here, watches selling for £480+ on their own website ... TJC doing them for £80 ;)

The brand guy has just said he needs to sit down on seeing the prices TJC is selling them for. He's not happy.

Dear oh dear ...
Apparently they made a mistake on the first watches price and have had to do the same price across the rest of the range. The TJC presenter can't apologise enough to the Fields guy. Selling his £500 watch for £79 🤔🤨😂 Your right Fields guy not happy lol.

My god, not another Field luxury watch brand. They're like resultco (Morphic, shield, heritor, Reign etc), just flooding shopping tv with a glut of brands all selling the same style cheap Chinese made watches but giving them different background stories. They're just shysters, crooks taking advantage of the masses who don't know much about watches. These crooks should be shut down.

Ordering a product yourself as a presenter during a sales presentation? My Name is Den did this on a steam iron show. The iron was up for 20 notes with an RRP of £59.99, plus P&P of £3.99. On Amazon - £28.94 on with Prime delivery. Yes, it’s cheaper on IW, but not so much that you make a dramatic statement of intent and order one yourself, live on air.

I’m just not comfortable with seeing presenters do this. And in My Name is Den’s case - making a huge meal of it by getting family names in, how long it took to order something on the phone, checking several times with her ‘producer’ her ‘director’ her casting agent, an entourage of flunkies in general if it had been ordered yet, offering to pay the producer cash to cover the order…Oh God, stop and get over yourself, dear.

Doing this is clearly a selling technique. I think it’s actually a pretty shoddy one and shouldn’t be allowed. Others may well feel differently and be okay with it. If she had to buy the thing as a result of her own selling pitch, she could’ve easily made the order during a break, or instructed somebody to do that during a break. Or even just made a made a one line statement - please order that for me, and left it at that.

Ordering a product yourself as a presenter during a sales presentation? My Name is Den did this on a steam iron show. The iron was up for 20 notes with an RRP of £59.99, plus P&P of £3.99. On Amazon - £28.94 on with Prime delivery. Yes, it’s cheaper on IW, but not so much that you make a dramatic statement of intent and order one yourself, live on air.

I’m just not comfortable with seeing presenters do this. And in My Name is Den’s case - making a huge meal of it by getting family names in, how long it took to order something on the phone, checking several times with her ‘producer’ her ‘director’ her casting agent, an entourage of flunkies in general if it had been ordered yet, offering to pay the producer cash to cover the order…Oh God, stop and get over yourself, dear.

Doing this is clearly a selling technique. I think it’s actually a pretty shoddy one and shouldn’t be allowed. Others may well feel differently and be okay with it. If she had to buy the thing as a result of her own selling pitch, she could’ve easily made the order during a break, or instructed somebody to do that during a break. Or even just made a made a one line statement - please order that for me, and left it at that.

Yeah, i agree with you, definitely not something that should be done on screen. It's just not Den, most of them are using family and friends within their sales pitch as somehow a confirmation that the product must be good so buy it, if it's good for me, family and friends then it'll be good for you. It also the same with the way the name drop or use celebrities during a sales pitch, ok some might be shallow enough to fall for it, but really how gives a **** what celebrities think, buy or wear. It's now just another repetitive and boring part of their sales patter.

What's funny though is, they also contradict each other with it, on the one hand you have the likes of Den & Sally (she had her phone out ordering stuff during one show) buying stuff during shows and on the other you have Mason stating they are not allowed to buy until the end of the show once viewers have had a chance to buy (it's now a permanent part of his sales patter in the never ending saga of the reason he waited 3 years for his Vostok as they always sold out before end of show so he could buy).

Imagine you're in a shop and the sales assistant (which is really what IW presenters are), while selling you a mattress then suddenly decided to stop and go off and buy the mattress for themselves, it's bad manners and rude. The presenters, like sales assistants in shops are there to sell and aid customers they are not supposed to be customers themselves while they are working.

They're all at it (talking BS that is.) I had a quick look at the TJC section last night (yes, I need to get out more!) and there's a post about a TJC buyer (they also co-present sometimes) saying gold was currently £240ish a gram. So the item they were selling was insane value.

Although gold fluctuates in value, the poster said that day gold was sitting around £40 a gram ;)

Yeah, i agree with you, definitely not something that should be done on screen. It's just not Den, most of them are using family and friends within their sales pitch as somehow a confirmation that the product must be good so buy it, if it's good for me, family and friends then it'll be good for you. It also the same with the way the name drop or use celebrities during a sales pitch, ok some might be shallow enough to fall for it, but really how gives a **** what celebrities think, buy or wear. It's now just another repetitive and boring part of their sales patter.

What's funny though is, they also contradict each other with it, on the one hand you have the likes of Den & Sally (she had her phone out ordering stuff during one show) buying stuff during shows and on the other you have Mason stating they are not allowed to buy until the end of the show once viewers have had a chance to buy (it's now a permanent part of his sales patter in the never ending saga of the reason he waited 3 years for his Vostok as they always sold out before end of show so he could buy).

Imagine you're in a shop and the sales assistant (which is really what IW presenters are), while selling you a mattress then suddenly decided to stop and go off and buy the mattress for themselves, it's bad manners and rude. The presenters, like sales assistants in shops are there to sell and aid customers they are not supposed to be customers themselves while they are working.
I'm sorry, but if any viewers (who watch even just now and again) fall for ANY of the guff these presenters spout, they're not the brightest and I have limited sympathy for them, unless of course they're perhaps of limited intelligence and/or on a spectrum i.e. vulnerable in some way. Of course, it could be asserted these are ideal targets, oops sorry customers for selly telly.

They're all at it (talking BS that is.) I had a quick look at the TJC section last night (yes, I need to get out more!) and there's a post about a TJC buyer (they also co-present sometimes) saying gold was currently £240ish a gram. So the item they were selling was insane value.

Although gold fluctuates in value, the poster said that day gold was sitting around £40 a gram ;)
It is about £40 per gram for PURE 24ct gold.

9ct would be £15 per gram.

I’m hearing the term ‘pristine condition’ quite a bit on Exemplar Planet of late - usually in relation to returning watches, or as they like to call them - timepieces.

The long gangly man with the rubber face described the condition of ‘pristine condition’ return is that you mustn’t wear the watch outside? Whereas ‘I’m 50 years old but I completely identify with anybody over 80 on a treadmill’ Mason said (l’m sure he did) that ‘pristine condition’ terms and conditions means you shouldn’t even wear the watch at all.

This term for return seems a very spurious and open to interpretation set of rules to me. Surely, you would at least want to try on a watch that seemed visually acceptable to make sure that you felt right wearing it?

Taken literally, pristine condition must mean you return the item as you got it, in its original, unopened box? If you delve into the box then they could well argue the box is no longer in pristine condition and NO refund. The box being a key part of receiving a watch.

I wonder if anybody is actually purchased a ‘timepiece’ from the channel, tested the waters and returned it?

Latest posts

Back