Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The thing that irks me about the old "If any of my family are watching, can you please order this for me?/ Director, can you hold one of these back for me?" is that it's complete bullshit.
My theory of how it works from personal and anecdotal evidence in similar industries is that the presenters will get a list in advance of new products coming up and for how much they will be sold for to the public. They will also get the chance then to buy the item using their own company discount (there is no way a TV company like IW doesn't offer employee discount as one of its perks, even for freelance presenters). By the time the product comes in air all the presenters will have had plenty of chance to buy whatever tat they're trying to flog to us and at vastly reduced prices than we are as well.
So for the likes of Barrow Boy trying to get a "sold out" watch for three years, it's just a dodgy sales technique that he's hoping to catch the odd daft/drunk viewer out with and send them running to their phone.

Peter V now selling IPhone 8, he says he will only do his banking on a iPhone.
I bought him this, though it was the iphone 7, that everyone aspires to own. His eyes lit up when he saw the box and Gen, good 'ol Gen was speechless, for once. Sadly, his wileyfox died on him, RIP and he has been hinting for an iphone as a replacement.

I bought him this, though it was the iphone 7, that everyone aspires to own. His eyes lit up when he saw the box and Gen, good 'ol Gen was speechless, for once. Sadly, his wileyfox died on him, RIP and he has been hinting for an iphone as a replacement.

His wileyfox died :eek:, must only be a couple of years old (it's only been 3 years since STK bought them and brought the phones back on the market and it was while after before they appeared on IW), remember when he got it saying it was the best thing since sliced bread, suppose even tech experts get it wrong sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Well I never thought of that.....boring bamix guy just gave a great tip.....next time you are in the shop dont buy grated cheese.....buy a block of cheese and grate it yourself....never even thought of that...geez
With a Bamix? Little chunks at a time?

Excellent tip 🙄

I just slap a big block on a grater, job done

Peter's on with the coffee machine..... 'from the Pharaohs to the Kings and Queens' he begins.
A quick google confirms that coffee was not drunk until over a thousand years after the demise of the last Pharaoh.
He used to say that Krups who make the machine are a 'byword for German engineering'.
That was Krupps the German steel manufacturer of course- no connection whatsoever.
Creepy is there in his apron as the expert.

Peters is into his misleading on price mode. Selling some ghastly pair of pumps even my corpse wouldn't be seen dead in... He delights in telling us to get these beauties home for something like £4.99 (£4.99 too much). But wait.. these marvellous monstrosities of feet creation appear to have an actual price tag of 4 x £4.99. And he hasn't added in the very fast afterthought muffled of over four flexis yet!! An absolute disgrace, Simon. In fact it is a mockery of a travesty of a sham of a show trial...Oh no...finally he drops it in (as the actress said to the librarian), right at the end of the space time continuum. For god's sake man... Just tell people what the proper price is when you introduce the item. The FULL price, not the part one. I think it is a disgraceful and cynical tactic that clearly the authorities have no interest in addressing. If there was a shopping TV tower I would put him in it. In fairness to him he is not the only one who does it from time to time. But more or less whenever I have the misfortune to encounter him on this channel, he always seems to do it.

We have Peter & Berk, one thinks he's and expert the other thinks he's a comedian and both fail miserably, but they are both successful at being deceitful.

Peter and his usual garbage of comparing Roofix with Bitumen Paint, one id for repairing leaks the other is for weatherproofing (which is something entirely different) instead of comparing with a similar Bitumen product made specially for repairing leaks.

Then we have Berk proclaiming, IW have all the stock of this, it's exclusive to IW, you can't get it anywhere else. Which is both right (with regards to labelling) but wrong as far as what's in the tin, why because he's right in saying you can't buy tins of Roofix labelled Roofix M anywhere else, but you can buy the exact same Roofix product elsewhere, it's just labeled slightly differently. For some strange reason, probably done to give IW their favourite exclusive to us balony, Roofix on IW is called Roofix M but for the rest of the market they call it Roofix 20/10, some will say maybe it's different, but it's not cause Flag only make one Roofix product, Roofix 20/10 but sell it under two labels, M to IW and 20/10 for the rest.
And how do we know Flag only make one Roofix product, because they need to produce an MSDS for any product containing chemicals/hazardous substances so that risk assessments as per COSHH can be done for the safe handling, storage and use of those chemicals/substances, and Flag only do one MSDS for Roofix and that's for Roofix 20/10, so IW's Roofix M is Roofix 20/10 with a slightly different label.
So the next time presenters say it's exclusive to them, remember while tins labelled Roofix M might be exclusive to IW, the product in the tin most certainly isn't. ;) :ROFLMAO:

It's the Pro drone on this morning, but wait a second!!!!! could it be the same drone that dire mire said there was no more stock before christmas ,you can bet it is.

Bull:poop: from everyone on the channel as per usual.

They were saying weeks ago there would be no more drones before xmas, last chance to get so buy now or miss out, but there have been multiple shows since.

They were saying weeks ago there would be no more drones before xmas, last chance to get so buy now or miss out, but there have been multiple shows since.
They must still sell enough drones to make money from them but I would have thought that drones were definitely out of fashion by now especially as it's incredibly difficult to use them legally within many towns and cities.

And talking of dubious legality I'm slightly surprised that Ideal World haven't started selling electric scooters themselves by now, unless they have and I've missed them...

150 years of Beldray with timeline promo etc.

Sent off an email to them to say they missed a bit on the timeline, the bit where Beldray of 1872 shut down in 2005 and that the present day Beldray company, which has no connection with the original Beldray, only acquired the Beldray trade name/trade mark a few years later from another company.

Far too many companies resurrecting old defunct brand names and pretending they are the original with all the history and heritage, this country is infested deceitful and crooked shysters.

150 years of Beldray with timeline promo etc.

Sent off an email to them to say they missed a bit on the timeline, the bit where Beldray of 1872 shut down in 2005 and that the present day Beldray company, which has no connection with the original Beldray, only acquired the Beldray trade name/trade mark a few years later from another company.

Far too many companies resurrecting old defunct brand names and pretending they are the original with all the history and heritage, this country is infested deceitful and crooked shysters.
Like Bell and Howell on QVC, and many others on there, with the long and glorious heritage story.

They must still sell enough drones to make money from them but I would have thought that drones were definitely out of fashion by now especially as it's incredibly difficult to use them legally within many towns and cities.

And talking of dubious legality I'm slightly surprised that Ideal World haven't started selling electric scooters themselves by now, unless they have and I've missed them...
You'll have the older generation still buying the drones for their grandkids for Christmas because Richard "Dick" Mires is telling them it's the latest trend every five minutes.

I was just thinking the other day about them flogging electric scooters for the very same legal reason Mr Plunge. I seen Mad Mike Saint had started selling them over on Direct Store TV so Murky Mires will be sure to follow.

I've just been flicking through the selly telly channels before bed and noticed Derek Marks is back on The Craft Store (I still call it Hochanda). He's been absolutely everywhere, usually more than once. It made me think has he ever been on IW? I don't believe I've ever caught him on there but wondered if he might have done a brief spell in the early days after the original Price Crash channel went bust.

I've just been flicking through the selly telly channels before bed and noticed Derek Marks is back on The Craft Store (I still call it Hochanda). He's been absolutely everywhere, usually more than once. It made me think has he ever been on IW? I don't believe I've ever caught him on there but wondered if he might have done a brief spell in the early days after the original Price Crash channel went bust.
He has been on IW according to ‘About Derek Marks’

Like you say, he’s been on them all by the looks

Latest posts

Back