Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've said it before but the difference between the two channels in regards to presenting food is like comparing ice cream to dog ****. QVC bring in people from the food company who actually make the products so you know (or you're more likely to believe) you're getting artisan food that is often only produced once you order it.

The other night I caught Me Mam with Peter V talking about some overpriced food box that apparently neither had actually tasted any of the items until they were on air but everything was "amaaayzing". The company was called Winter Lodge and had 50 years experience, but the way they worded it they could have been talking about 20 workers with 2.5 years experience each. I certainly can't find them online. They didn't make the food, they just sourced it and boxed it with their name on. It sounds like it could be a side venture from IW themselves under a different name like Garden Bargains or the ill fated pet supply company they tried a few years ago (Animal Bargains?).

It didn't give me confidence in the product. It just looked like two grown men who couldn't believe their luck that they'd been given free food and were getting paid to eat it on television. Another one for the showreel Mr Volauvent.

I saw some of that and had a good laugh.

Their over the top reactions to every bit of food they tasted was hilarious. But at one point, was for the Serene box, Peter said along the lines of it's a Dutch company, a Scandinavian Country and we know how good their chocolate is. Thought, WTF when did the Netherlands become a Scandinavian Country. :ROFLMAO:

Agree with the rest, QVC appear and behave like professionals, IW behave like a bunch of back street cowboys, like a bunch of Del Boys except Del Boy had a likable personality, IW on the other hand are the most unlikeable, annoying, irritating, loud mouthed amateurs on Selly Telly, when a channel tries to convince the viewers that people like Peter V, Alex Knowles, Emma Boydell, Shona Lindsay et al are all experts in the products they are selling then you know they are nothing but a bunch of con artists.

Yea Sky Broadband Shield blocked the forum for me too so I had to fiddle with the settings and save the forum under allowed websites.

I bought an Instant Pot and Tefal Actifry last year but now wish I'd done my research properly and bought the Ninja which does it all. I keep the Actifry on the worktop as I use it often but keep the Instant Pot in the cupboard so have to keep lugging it in and out. The Ninja looks good enough to keep out on show.

Yeah that Ninja was a really nice looking machine, would look smart in any kitchen.
I have an air fryer but don't use it much, have a fan assisted oven which cooks stuff just as quick (did breaded chicken breasts and chips in 20 minutes last night) and a Samsung combi Microwave/Oven/Grill so the fryer has become a bit of a paperweight in the kitchen, but the Ninja does look nice and seems very versatile.

I saw some of that and had a good laugh.

Their over the top reactions to every bit of food they tasted was hilarious. But at one point, was for the Serene box, Peter said along the lines of it's a Dutch company, a Scandinavian Country and we know how good their chocolate is. Thought, WTF when did the Netherlands become a Scandinavian Country. :ROFLMAO:

Agree with the rest, QVC appear and behave like professionals, IW behave like a bunch of back street cowboys, like a bunch of Del Boys except Del Boy had a likable personality, IW on the other hand are the most unlikeable, annoying, irritating, loud mouthed amateurs on Selly Telly, when a channel tries to convince the viewers that people like Peter V, Alex Knowles, Emma Boydell, Shona Lindsay et al are all experts in the products they are selling then you know they are nothing but a bunch of con artists.

After watching the same show i did some digging and it took several minutes to find the company behind the food gift shambles, full of what you do not need as gifts..

Last edited:
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Hold on a damn minute!!! Ceramic radiator expert Peter V is demonstrating these mini Beldray plug in heaters. He's trying to tell us where we could use them. He's talking about plugging them in a room where maybe you haven't got radiators or central heating, and I quote "areas where you'd be pushing a BIG HEAVY RADIATOR ON WHEELS, you know, it's JUST NOT PRACTICAL"

What?!? Like you've been telling us to push those big heavy ceramic radiators that you've been trying to con us into buying for years??? The ones that you've been telling old age pensioners to drag from room to room because that's more practical than the central heating that's bolted into every room in the house? The ones that cost a fortune to run yet you have tried to imply they're cheaper to run than has central heating when they're vastly more expensive. Those big heavy ceramic radiators?

So now those ceramic heaters are impractical because he's found a plug in fan heater with all the power of a hamster fart. You really are low life scum Peter V. Preying on the vulnerable to make a living. It's a shame that some out of work actors would stoop so low for a job.

Wow. Just watched Mason employing the “We Must Have Made a Mistake” sales technique for a £30 iron that others sell for around 30 quid, too, that is more effective for projectile vomiting than sticking two fingers down your throat. If I describe in any more detail what I just heard, I’ll be sick again, so I won’t. Just how do they get away with it?

Wow. Just watched Mason employing the “We Must Have Made a Mistake” sales technique for a £30 iron that others sell for around 30 quid, too, that is more effective for projectile vomiting than sticking two fingers down your throat. If I describe in any more detail what I just heard, I’ll be sick again, so I won’t. Just how do they get away with it?

He was making out that there was a massive saving, then the price will go up to £37. :ROFLMAO:

Deal of the year, he said. Or words to that effect. It stinks. Worse than a dead louse in Rasputin’s beard. The thing is there are people listening to that cynical garbage being spouted who aren’t price savvy and are going to fall for it. You wonder how some of these people go to bed and sleep at night. Disgrace.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Hold on a damn minute!!! Ceramic radiator expert Peter V is demonstrating these mini Beldray plug in heaters. He's trying to tell us where we could use them. He's talking about plugging them in a room where maybe you haven't got radiators or central heating, and I quote "areas where you'd be pushing a BIG HEAVY RADIATOR ON WHEELS, you know, it's JUST NOT PRACTICAL"

What?!? Like you've been telling us to push those big heavy ceramic radiators that you've been trying to con us into buying for years??? The ones that you've been telling old age pensioners to drag from room to room because that's more practical than the central heating that's bolted into every room in the house? The ones that cost a fortune to run yet you have tried to imply they're cheaper to run than has central heating when they're vastly more expensive. Those big heavy ceramic radiators?

So now those ceramic heaters are impractical because he's found a plug in fan heater with all the power of a hamster fart. You really are low life scum Peter V. Preying on the vulnerable to make a living. It's a shame that some out of work actors would stoop so low for a job.

That's the trouble with their sales patter in this case heating, the exagerated benefits they spout with one heating product while giving negatives for other heating products as a reason for buying, always leads to them contradicting themselves when they then have to flog another heating product at a later date, they just can't help themselves. Every day they contradict themselves, but as we know they think viewers are too stupid to notice.

I saw that, he said near the end that usually this would have been a mistake from someone upstairs but the reason for the low price was their standard reason, it's an Introductory price, in 6 months time it'll still be an Introductory price.

Hi All, just popped by to say hello. Not been watching any selly telly recently, had my fill for now. I made the mistake of hopping on to IW last night (Elizabeth Grant show) and 'just' as I hopped on, Peter S was holding one product from a set in his hand. Note the entire set was going for £40 or something.

A mean, this ALONE is 70 quids worth, am I right??? he said to the brand woman, who of course nodded.

I immediately hopped off ;) No doubt I'll get the urge to watch again at some point in the coming days or weeks.

Somebody called David has bought all 3 colours of the tourbillon, over 3 grand. :eek:

Talk about being ripped off, if he'd gone to Ali he'd have saved himself over a grand for the same watches.

I'm flabbergasted that folks are actually falling for the crap being spouting by these shysters, it's :censored: unbelievable.

The Emperor’s New Clothes show is on. Cheaper watches and cheaper wallets in cheaper boxes being fawned over in a simpering festival of forelock tugging obsequiousness. Somebody with webbed feet stamp out the witch’s fire and bring this farrago to an immediate end. Bring me in as a replacement, with nine chins, in just a pair of grubby underpants and several stomachs, and call me The George Clooney Hour.

Varney to Knowles doing the Emma mattress - "You're not an Emma salesman, you're not a mattress expert, you are a Emma mattress customer, is that right?"

Knowles - " Absolutely right Paul, I'm an Emma mattress customer, this is almost like a review."

So you've just confirmed what we've been saying all along, you ain't NO expert, and while you may be able to give a review for an Emma mattress as you own one, but, as you've just stated you're not a mattress expert, what qualifies you to give your "expert" opinion/review on say Dormeo mattresses?

And it's nothing like a review. ;)

Ooh, that's quite nice 🤔 might get one and use it as a watch box after a bit of fettling 😎 Ali sale starts 11/11

There actually quite a few nice ones on Ali without the Tourbillon across the top.

I was looking at this one for my Dad's gold Rotary watch he was presented with in 1982 from his work. Unfortunately the original box must have got lost somewhere along the way.

Latest posts

Back