Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mason on reason he couldn't get his watch for three years - "always sold out in the shows he did"

Well no it didn't Mike, as we were checking for you and it was available before/during/ and after several of the shows.

He then said why he couldn't buy it before shows - "we didn't know what watches would be on the show till the show started and we didn't know prices until they were released as show began."

Again crap, some (actually most) of the shows the watches are listed online the day before, or a few days even up to a week before the show airs, and while prices lately haven't been reduced to the lower prices until about an hour before the show, during the spell Mason is referring to the prices were often reduced the day before the show, it's only been recently they've stopped that so folks don't buy certain watches to early before the show starts.

Create and Craft had a weird thing yesterday, they were selling card, first showing wasn’t on Flexi, Second airing, so say presenter went up to the buyer, and said could this go on Flexi.

Second show was on Flexi, I think some of the senior presenters are more involved upstairs, so they may have the pulling power over Flexi.

But my thought is, would those who ordered in the first show, be phoned to ask if they wanted there order on Flexi

13th November and Ideal World are selling an inflatable hot tub!?! Who is in charge of what products come to air and when? They should be sacked. I'd love to see how many they actually sell during these introductory shows. They're not flogging them cheap either. There's a reason Aldi and the like always put theirs on offer in the summer and consistently sell out within a couple of hours.

Even PV and Savile are wearing their heated gillets while demonstrating it outside on the pre-record. If we get that terrible winter that they've been promising us on the ceramic radiator shows then there will be a few frozen customers getting chipped out with ice picks.

Jimmy has just made me laugh though. Talking about the 6 person version she said even if there's only a couple of you in the house, if you have family and friends round you have more room. Imagine that on Christmas Day. "Your Nan has come round love but we've got no more chairs" "No problem, just bung her in the hot tub!"

Mark Reyes, has just come onto a radiator show, with a wolly hat on and a big coat, ooh if you can home from work dressed like me, you can come home and turn the radiator on, which you can only use for 4 hours and you can’t use it near a pipe, ok he never said any of that, but I did, and it’s what he should be saying.

Mark Ryes,or whatever his name is, is getting Peter into an embarrassing position here with the rubbish he is spouting. Mark is spouting crap about what the ceramic can do, and it's all because of Peter's dodgy demo, Mark says even when you turn the ceramic heater off the temperature will continue to rise.

Sorry Mark, but that only works in the first few minutes while it's in the process of heating up, that's why Peter only does his demo for 3 minutes any longer and his defying logic trick wouldn't work, once it's up to temp, the temp will fall if you switch it off, not up as you're claiming.

Mark also said it heats your room instantly.

Actually no it doesn't, the heater will heat up quickly like any electric fire, but unless it has a fan, it will take time to heat a room up like every other radiator does.

I noticed on his demo earlier, Peter took the temp of the ceramic 8 minutes after the demo and the temp had drop by 30 C, so not retaining heat for that long a time. ;)

Spare a thought for poor Sally this christmas, she will be in the corner of the car park in her caravan all alone...That will be the next sales pitch..........Hopefully she purchased the worry angels from many moons ago that Mike was flogging as she has literally everthing else then sell and never just buys 1 its 3 4 or 5 in some cases! Just imagine the caravan littered with wee worry angles wrapped in fairy lights.

Its beyond words the nonsense they talk on IW........

Peter on the RGMT with GTLS tubes - "RGMT must have a relationship with Microsoft, in Switzerland."
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He should have said mb-microtec. ;)

And Johnny boy keeps saying built to the latest Military specs, what Military specs and which Military?

They come out with statements that mean absolutely nothing unless they give some reference to what they are claiming.

Spare a thought for poor Sally this christmas, she will be in the corner of the car park in her caravan all alone...That will be the next sales pitch..........Hopefully she purchased the worry angels from many moons ago that Mike was flogging as she has literally everthing else then sell and never just buys 1 its 3 4 or 5 in some cases! Just imagine the caravan littered with wee worry angles wrapped in fairy lights.

Its beyond words the nonsense they talk on IW........
Surely Alan Ennis will be there with his Pizza van to keep her company all polished up with the waterless wash that is on offer that week.

13th November and Ideal World are selling an inflatable hot tub!?! Who is in charge of what products come to air and when? They should be sacked. I'd love to see how many they actually sell during these introductory shows. They're not flogging them cheap either. There's a reason Aldi and the like always put theirs on offer in the summer and consistently sell out within a couple of hours.

Even PV and Savile are wearing their heated gillets while demonstrating it outside on the pre-record. If we get that terrible winter that they've been promising us on the ceramic radiator shows then there will be a few frozen customers getting chipped out with ice picks.

Jimmy has just made me laugh though. Talking about the 6 person version she said even if there's only a couple of you in the house, if you have family and friends round you have more room. Imagine that on Christmas Day. "Your Nan has come round love but we've got no more chairs" "No problem, just bung her in the hot tub!"

What's funny is when their flogging the ceramic heaters or treadmills then it because none of want to be outside in the cold, yet with the hot tub, they're saying there's nothing better than being out in the snow and cold with family & friends in a hot tub. :ROFLMAO:

Peter on the RGMT with GTLS tubes - "RGMT must have a relationship with Microsoft, in Switzerland."
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He should have said mb-microtec. ;)

And Johnny boy keeps saying built to the latest Military specs, what Military specs and which Military?

They come out with statements that mean absolutely nothing unless they give some reference to what they are claiming.
If you really want Simon Peters in full embarrassing mode then take a look at last evening's watch show where with the RGMT (or RGM as he earlier called it) Battledress watch he goes into hushed tones talking about "for those...who gave...the ultimate sacrifice", etc., all for a watch with a poppy printed on one of its straps, a presentation box and a "letter from the Royal British Legion". (Well I'm sure I get a 'letter' from them each year asking for donations.) And talking of donations, I'm sure they must have given some money to the Royal British Legion but no mention at all was made of anything like that during the presentation.

Plus he said that they are both going to buy one each "that's if there's any left". Allegedly (y)

Start cringing from around 0:34 onwards: https://catchup.ideal.shopping/channels/ideal-world/shows/IW2111131845

If you really want Simon Peters in full embarrassing mode then take a look at last evening's watch show where with the RGMT (or RGM as he earlier called it) Battledress watch he goes into hushed tones talking about "for those...who gave...the ultimate sacrifice", etc., all for a watch with a poppy printed on one of its straps, a presentation box and a "letter from the Royal British Legion". (Well I'm sure I get a 'letter' from them each year asking for donations.) And talking of donations, I'm sure they must have given some money to the Royal British Legion but no mention at all was made of anything like that during the presentation.

Plus he said that they are both going to buy one each "that's if there's any left". Allegedly (y)

Start cringing from around 0:34 onwards: https://catchup.ideal.shopping/channels/ideal-world/shows/IW2111131845

It was near the end of the show, but i turned it off then, also didn't watch the later Nubeo show. I found the whole thing disgusting, and then at the end the way Peter Simon flippantly went let's move on and he was all giggles again, which just re-inforced the utter faux sincerity of his monologue. I've disliked the solar time brands for a while now, not because their watches are bad or anything, but because the rubbish stories & lies about their brands that their representatives on IW come out with. These so called supporting causes, like the poppy watch and the help for heroes, to me are just a sales tactic, a gimmic to try and impress potential buyers, and increase sales by improving brands appeal by appearing to support worthwhile causes at a small cost, can't remember where i read it but it was something like 5% of the selling price (note selling price not RRP) that is donated for the help for heroes/Seals foundation watches, so last nights watches it would have been £15 per watch and they had 20, so max £300 going to The Royal British Legion, and they haven't sold all 20 as they're still available today.

If they had said we'll give 5% from every watch we sell on the show, then that's a good effort at supporting a worthwhile cause but they don't, it's usually just one watch in very limited numbers so their actual support of these worthwhile causes is very, very, very small.

Oh and was going to post about the box they were giving away, Peter said Jonathan had them special flown in from America for the show. Another big fat lie, why fly them in from America when they come from China, they kept saying both Nubeo and RGMT are American brands, which they are not they are both Chinese brands from Solar Time, distributed through The Dartmouth brands in London. And despite the con of pricing everything on their web site in dollars, to give the appearance of being American, again both web sites are run by the Dartmouth brands in London, there is nothing American about either brand, it's just a lie perpetrated by IW presenters and Solar Time representatives.

Statler and Waldorf on tonight, PS can't even open a deployment clasp. 🤔

Reynolds says it the latest deployment strap, so new to them they don't know how to work it. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

And what's Peter wittering about about Mathey-Tissot not selling online or have any outlets during covid? :rolleyes:

Mathey-Tissot have their own web site you can buy from and Jomashop, who have still been trading during Covid, range of Mathey-Tissot watches dwarfs Ideal Worlds and their cheaper even with import duties etc.

Kev also loves to say "listen to this" as though he's away to say something really important, but it's usually a let down.

Oh Kev just asked Peter and I assume the audience, what other company in the world PVD plates the back of their watch (Mason's Almaz) rose gold like Vostok Europe, name them he said, Peter said Vostok Europe, well just emailed the answer to IW as I have a Frederique Constant with a rose Gold plated back, hopefully Kev will acknowledge this fact. ;)
:)

That brand new buckle has been done for security, so secure, he can't open it 🤣 I have several Steinhart Watches and these mathey Tissots are just the same, except Steinhart uses ETA 2824 or sellita movements and better quality 😎

Latest posts

Back