Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anybody caught one of there Golf Club hours, Shona said if you havent been into golf, buy this it’s cheap, try playing golf.

What in the Winter.

Apart from it's winter, if you haven't played golf before, i wouldn't suggest buying a £200 driver for starters, and £200 is not cheap for a driver, loads a lot cheaper than that. you could get a decent half set of clubs for about £250, ideal for beginners.

Has anybody caught one of there Golf Club hours, Shona said if you havent been into golf, buy this it’s cheap, try playing golf.

What in the Winter.
I saw one with Dirty Peter the other night. Obviously he started telling us of the days when he golfed with the likes of Tarby, Brucie and Lynchie. Complete bollocks the lot of it. Maybe he caught an old episode of Pro Celebrity Golf with Peter Allis back in the day and imagined himself rubbing shoulders with them.

I do get your point about being the wrong time of year though. Now if they started selling a set of golf clubs in the spring then I'd be celebrating them for trying new and original products. I might even be tempted to take the game up again and buy a set off them. But a 45 minute show in November selling just one driver for £200 just seems so random. Just like the hot tub.

I don't know what is going on with their buyers right now. It's as if they're throwing mud at a wall to what sticks. First sign of trouble with a company usually so I hope that's not the case but they've only got themselves to blame.

Shaun is getting in his words "emotional" about a Vostok Europe watch and as ever he REALLY may buy this watch.........before Mason buys it.

Kev has interjected to inform us this watch has been at the bottom of the North Sea........Brilliant thanks for that wee piece of info Kev i'm sold ⌚
Maybe that’s why so many of IWs watches seem to stop, skip, jump, or randomly shed their components on live TV. Perhaps they’ve ALL been at the bottom of the North Sea - maybe quality control is done by Spongebob SquarePants.

I don't know what is going on with their buyers right now. It's as if they're throwing mud at a wall to what sticks. First sign of trouble with a company usually so I hope that's not the case but they've only got themselves to blame.
I would have thought Ideal World had done well during recent lockdowns especially with impulse purchases, but perhaps more recent supply problems (backlogs at ports, container shortages, ships turned away or diverted, etc.) has severely impacted what they can sell, hence the recent 'marketplace' introduction helping to disguise their own shortages (perhaps). Nowadays it's mainly Bamix, clothing, electric bikes, Elizabeth Grant, heaters, hot tubs, mattresses, pans, secondhand phones, watches and treadmills in particular they sell, though some of the choices are obviously seasonal. Also they've brought back the Steven Brown art, which if you want to try out for a lot less money look out for shortbread tins featuring his pictures.

A very sinister show on currently. Two males looking like they’ve fallen off the collator’s photo board at Bow Street, wearing long woolly rugs and fiddling about with various stuffed animals, with the permanently grinning, long and gangly one who looks like a numbskull (or is it a ninny?) from Take The Brain, telling us to put the cat in the microwave.. Classy.

See Shona's in full contradictory mode today.

We all know what she thinks of hollowfibre pillows, especially during the MY Pillow or GX pillow shows, hollow fibre pillows with their clumpy hollow fibre filling are utter crap. Well today, low and behold, The Kelly Adjustable pillow is a game changer, Shona is buying one, beast invention since sliced bread, and what exactly is it, essentially a giant zipped pillow case with four HOLLOW FIBRE pillows in it, and you remove a pillow to suit the height you want.

Maybe i'm stupid, but is that not just the same as piling up multiple crap clumpy hollow fibre pillows? ;):ROFLMAO:

On a side note, is there any illness or ailment that Sally hasn't endured and and she hasn't bored us to death with? :unsure:

See Shona's in full contradictory mode today.

We all know what she thinks of hollowfibre pillows, especially during the MY Pillow or GX pillow shows, hollow fibre pillows with their clumpy hollow fibre filling are utter crap. Well today, low and behold, The Kelly Adjustable pillow is a game changer, Shona is buying one, beast invention since sliced bread, and what exactly is it, essentially a giant zipped pillow case with four HOLLOW FIBRE pillows in it, and you remove a pillow to suit the height you want.

Maybe i'm stupid, but is that not just the same as piling up multiple crap clumpy hollow fibre pillows? ;):ROFLMAO:

On a side note, is there any illness or ailment that Sally hasn't endured and and she hasn't bored us to death with? :unsure:
I gather a lot of Sallys health issues are long term

Good Evening, my name is Den and I am magnificent.

The Bosh Golf Club Driver. Not to be confused with Bosch of course. The first thing I thought when I heard Bosh was Bosch. Immediately my attention was gained as I believed this was an expert product made by a respected washing machine manufacturer er…Then I realised it wasn’t that Bosch, it was this Bosh, Bosh, when I heard the dulcet tones of The Appretice’s Thomas Skinner. Doesn’t he do pillows usually?

Anyway, somebody called Louis Lazarus thinks the club is great. He is based out of Romford Golf Club apparently. Isn’t Skinner from Romford, too? Skinner keeps saying Bosh. Bosh as in Bosh the slang and Bosh as not in Bosch, but Bosh the golf driver. Apparently he played a round of golf with his mate Rory McIlroy yesterday. Did he? Or was that banter? My name is Den never challenged him on it regardless.

Put it this way…based on what I saw in this presentation, I would not be buying a jamboree bag off this chap, let alone a £399.99 golf driver. Bosh?

The first time I saw the Bosh salesman he was on with his Caddy Mike Mason and they both spoke a lot of balls!
They were both almost saying after a few swings you'd be on the leader board at Gleneagles! ⛳🤭 The Bosh inventor just screamed of an ex used car sales type....I was just waiting on him saying it would fit easily in any car boot and any problems just you call me.....anytime!!! :rolleyes: I'd love to know how many of the magic wand clubs they sell..........

The whole presentation just came over is hugely unprofessional. Amusing, yes - but you have to question the judgement of putting somebody on air so full of BS (Skinner, not Den) and generally just winging it for 45 minutes. All he needed was an open suitcase full of them and a lookout… Still, My Name is Den is hardly Jeremy Paxman, and she isn’t going to ask him anything remotely challenging, other than what’s his name..Lack of products as an alternative probably explains it. I wonder just how many they sold??

Papa Fields on TJC. :ROFLMAO:

The presenter is a bigger shyster than the IW presenters, they're selling one of those £99.99 watches which the equivalent on Ali would be about £30, and he had the cheek to say he thought the RRP of £610 was cheap for a watch with it's specifications. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TJC customers must be as stupid as IW's judging by the amount of these cheap Chinese watches they are snapping up, they're falling for all the crap, hook, line and sinker.

I gather a lot of Sallys health issues are long term

That may be, but we don't need to hear about them incessantly as she's using them to flog products. Thing is we're watching a shopping telly channel, not an episode of "Sally Jacks, This is your life" or in this case a never ending episode of "Sally Jacks, This is my Life Medical History". ;):ROFLMAO:

Good Evening, my name is Den and I am magnificent.

The Bosh Golf Club Driver. Not to be confused with Bosch of course. The first thing I thought when I heard Bosh was Bosch. Immediately my attention was gained as I believed this was an expert product made by a respected washing machine manufacturer er…Then I realised it wasn’t that Bosch, it was this Bosh, Bosh, when I heard the dulcet tones of The Appretice’s Thomas Skinner. Doesn’t he do pillows usually?

Anyway, somebody called Louis Lazarus thinks the club is great. He is based out of Romford Golf Club apparently. Isn’t Skinner from Romford, too? Skinner keeps saying Bosh. Bosh as in Bosh the slang and Bosh as not in Bosch, but Bosh the golf driver. Apparently he played a round of golf with his mate Rory McIlroy yesterday. Did he? Or was that banter? My name is Den never challenged him on it regardless.

Put it this way…based on what I saw in this presentation, I would not be buying a jamboree bag off this chap, let alone a £399.99 golf driver. Bosh?
Isn't that strange? I actually have been thinking it was a Bosch driver, even googling it and the autosuggest came up as Bosch golf driver. The top search result was indeed for this Bosh driver. I clicked on the link but still didn't twig it wasn't Bosch. It's almost as if they want you to be confused.

When Simon Lies is demonstrating Blue Magic on carpets, he starts rubbing crayons, mascara, lipstick, ballpoint pen and beetroot etc onto the carpet. When he's demonstrating the Rug Doctor or similar carpet washers on carpets he only uses liquids (cola, milk, orange juice, the odd egg).
Is the Rug Doctor no good for dry stains then? He tells us it is, proclaiming the wonders of it on dried on stains, but I've never seen him try it.

Latest posts

Back