Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The most annoying thing about the watch presentation to me, is the absolute lying about the British heritage of Earnshaw made by Bordell, they are Chinese 😡

That Bordell is really smug looking as he's lies to potential customer in order to con them into buying watches with false History and Heritage and grossly exaggeration as to their quality. Just a con man.

PS

Fell for an other offer today, Chris ward with their black Friday sale 15% off, bought a white dial Sealander. Was tempted by the green but was not 100% sure would like it, deffo like the white though.

That Bordell is really smug looking as he's lies to potential customer in order to con them into buying watches with false History and Heritage and grossly exaggeration as to their quality. Just a con man.

PS

Fell for an other offer today, Chris ward with their black Friday sale 15% off, bought a white dial Sealander. Was tempted by the green but was not 100% sure would like it, deffo like the white though.
Lovely piece ❤️ I've just got a Seagull,1963 from the Ali express sale 😎

PS

You must be on the mailing list for the VIP discount 🤔

You must be on the mailing list for the VIP discount 🤔

Yeah, get £100 vouchers every so often, if you don't use it usually get another one a week afetr the last one's expiry date and they send out the Loupe magazine as well.

What i always find strange, and the same goes for Clawley, is the way he/they always talks about the brands, Earnshaw, CCCP, Nubeo, RGMT, Duxot etc as though they are all separate entities, different companies in different locations, when in reality, all the brands are designed by the same staff, in the same offices in Hong Kong and all are made in the same factory by the same workers in China. The only connection Earnshaw has to London is that is where the Solar Time subsidiary, The Dartmouth Brands, is located, but The Dartmouth brands isn't designers or watchmakers, they're are Distributor for Solar Time's brand, in reality they're a sales office that's all. In their accounts for last year they had 5 employees, can you imagine 5 folks designing and making watches for 14 brands as well as all of the distribution side. ;)

Presenter Jess tells us she has bought the Mulberry silk duvet 'for my mum'.
If there was ever a book written about shopping telly it should be called 'I Bought This For My Mum' as this particular piece of bs is such a staple of the industry.
Mulberry Ray , the world's most boring man, was on great form this morning. His flat pompous droning seemed as though it would never end.
Jess sat there , her face frozen into a fake smile as she searched for an opportunity to shut him up.
Wonderful entertainment-thank you IW !

Varney is on selling the ceramic radiators. He's already doing a stock update less than 10 minutes into the show. He turns to that mystery person who always stands by his left hand side just out of camera shot who just told him there are less than 15 of a certain item left.

Unfortunately straight after he's "heard" this news the camera angle changed to an overhead shot of him sitting next to the outline of the 25 square metres that the radiator heats up. Nobody was there. Completely empty space.

So either the person was shouting through a magic megaphone that the camera and microphones can't pick up or he's just been rumbled as a big bullshitter. I know which one my money's on.

Papa Fields on TJC, what a con artist.

They're selling a Ladies watch, seemingly with 12 diamonds and a Swiss movement in it, RRP of over a £1000 but TJC are flogging it for £149.99. Papa name dropping Rolex etc and saying you want get better out there. :ROFLMAO:

Some numpty emailed in to say he's already bought 7 Gamages watches and now he's bought one for his wife and thanks Gamages for producing quality watches. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Tell you there really are a lot of stupid folk out there that will believe the crap spouted on a telly shopping channel.

Presenter Jess tells us she has bought the Mulberry silk duvet 'for my mum'.
If there was ever a book written about shopping telly it should be called 'I Bought This For My Mum' as this particular piece of bs is such a staple of the industry.
Mulberry Ray , the world's most boring man, was on great form this morning. His flat pompous droning seemed as though it would never end.
Jess sat there , her face frozen into a fake smile as she searched for an opportunity to shut him up.
Wonderful entertainment-thank you IW !

There must be a general "things to say during shows" they all have to learn, as they all come out with the same statements, word for word, over time.

3pm we have Mulberry Silk with Jess and Ray. Top of the hour she comes out with well it’s around this time of day, we are beginning to think about going to bed, how old does she think we are 5 and go to bed straight after tea.

Could be Ideal World believe their viewers have a mental age of 5, they ceratinly treat and talk to them as if they are. ;)

Or could be be that Jess often behaves like a giddy teenager as though she presenting a kids show.

Varney is on selling the ceramic radiators. He's already doing a stock update less than 10 minutes into the show. He turns to that mystery person who always stands by his left hand side just out of camera shot who just told him there are less than 15 of a certain item left.

Unfortunately straight after he's "heard" this news the camera angle changed to an overhead shot of him sitting next to the outline of the 25 square metres that the radiator heats up. Nobody was there. Completely empty space.

So either the person was shouting through a magic megaphone that the camera and microphones can't pick up or he's just been rumbled as a big bullshitter. I know which one my money's on.

Or there could be another reason, he does seem to be quite deluded and does behave and do some really strange stuff, so could have mental issues and therefore in his mind maybe he does see a mystery person to his left. ;):ROFLMAO:

Every morning I check the IW schedule yet it seems to basically be the same rubbish every day.

They keep bragging on we’ve 400,000 items well show some then.

Hayley is on with Tefal, went to the so say messy cupboard, it wasnt messy until she started chucking them around

Also with regards to Tefal she didn't mention that, because they all stack within each other, you have to take the whole lot out to get one of the pans.

They may have 400,000 items listed on their web site, but they're not really the seller and stockist, they are a bit like ebay, they are just a portal, for other companies to sell their products on, they just take order details and money and pass it on to the seller, and unlike ebay any after sales problems etc is with the seller not IW, IW make it clear they have no responsibility for any product sold through the marketplace.

It's the limitations of selly telly, that they can only show so many products at a time, they only have the one big warehouse and as they have to buy loads of stock at a time to get good pricing then they are limited to the amount of products they can stock and show on air. Of course that is not an excuse for the limited variety of those products they show, that's their own choice, they've found certain products sell well on a regular basis on the channel so will flog them to death, as a potential buyer you may want to see a bigger variety of products, but for them they are only interest in the profit and the current format serves that purpose. On odd occasions they add a new product range, but that's only rarely, they have their set product range from a few select brands and stick to them rigourously, ie Mattresses, Air Fryers/mini ovens/pans, Treadmills, Vacuums, floor cleaners, fashion, watches, health products, beauty products, phones, oh and e-life bikes and drones.

Latest posts

Back